• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jsharmon7

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Freedonia
    There isn't a difference. They all are paid by the same team. How can this man even receive a fair trial? Who pays the prosecution? Who pays the judge? How is that a fair trial?

Because the judge is a professional and his oath is to be fair and impartial. You're basically casting doubt on the integrity of every judge in the U.S.

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    Owning property is most certainly is a right. Letting your property turn into a fetid pile of crap is not a right.

Property - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

an owner of property has the right to consume, sell, rent, mortgage, transfer, exchange or destroy it, or to exclude others from doing these things.[1][2][3]

With rights come duties.
    You spelled "privileges" wrong.

::shakes head:: When will people realize that with rights, come responsibilities.....and that no right is absolute.
    Who taught you this? If you have to jump through government hoops to exercise your rights, then your rights have actually been reduced to government-granted privileges.

Just say it with me: "I do not support property rights."

Anti-crap shack ordinances are not severe.:rolleyes:
    Riiiiiighhht. Unless your grass is too long or the wrong color.

He is a criminal.
    This is why America is no longer the "Land of the Free."

Oh, wait, I forgot you would prefer anarchy. Carry on.
    I don't remember talking about abolishing the government. I just am disgusted by laws that stomp on property rights. Just admit that you don't support property rights.

Really. So my neighbor's unfinished "home improvement project" of 4 years is not harming me by reducing my property value say in excess of $15k? I say it is. Would you want to live by this? If you don't mind living by this, PM me and I will set up a showing with you and my realtor.
    You have no such "right" to have your property value behave the way you want it to.

They make Home Owners' Associations for people who want their neighbors to be under rigid control.

Yes, the right to own property. All rights are property rights. Now, open up your basement bunker for inspection. The one you have posted about. Having reloading equipment and the various supplies as well as ammunition stored in a residential area could pose a hazard. Imagine the hit to property values should an accident occur in your home. No one wants to live next to crazy gun guy.
    My neighbor is doing WHAT with all that gunpowder?? :nailbite:

level.eleven

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    Because the judge is a professional and his oath is to be fair and impartial. You're basically casting doubt on the integrity of every judge in the U.S.

Oh, well then. He took an oath. That changes everything. :rolleyes:

I certainly didn't cast doubt on every court. Think that one through.

level.eleven

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    My neighbor is doing WHAT with all that gunpowder?? :nailbite:

It certainly is interesting how people have bought into the idea of communal property value. It is almost like they live on communes. Hey man, your dog is harshing the mellow of our drum circle. Make him stop barking or you are going to get kicked out of the commune.

Last edited:

steveh_131

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Porter County
    Kirk, your logic and your comparisons are completely flawed.

First of all, you can not drive on a public sidewalk because. The sidewalk is not your property. Analogy fails.

Secondly, your neighbors are not damaging your property. They are changing what others are willing to pay for your property. You have a right to own and protect your property, you do NOT have a right to whatever amount of someone else's money you think you're entitled to sell it for.

Better analogy: Someone makes a website showing how crappy your property is, convincing people not to buy it. This is their first amendment right, yet it has the exact same effect on your property value as a neighbor with an ugly house. Still ready to take away their rights?

serpicostraight

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    he violated the 1885 commerce siding act. society is not safe with bushwackers like that on the loose give him 30 days in the electric chair.

mydoghasfleas

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Nov 19, 2011
    Undisclosed
    he violated the 1885 commerce siding act. society is not safe with bushwackers like that on the loose give him 30 days in the electric chair.

30 days!! Thats hardcore! Can you smell what the LAW IS COOKIN'!!!!!!!!

WWE_the_Rock.jpg

Ted

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2012
    Who taught you this? If you have to jump through government hoops to exercise your rights, then your rights have actually been reduced to government-granted privileges.

Just say it with me: "I do not support property rights."

Oh. So a right exercised is absolute? There are no limitations on rights?

Given the Jeffersonian and Madisonian premises that rights of man come from God, and are merely guaranteed by the Constitution: Please educate me of the limitation to man's inherent freedoms to and of speech with the 9th commandment, which states, "Thou shall not bear false witness against thy neighbor"?

cobber

Parrot Daddy
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    PR-WLAF
    Of the 4 houses on my gravel road, they're all nice and well kept. There was an old house just north of me that the owner tore down to farm the ground. As far as I know, none of us complain about each others properties. We don't need a petty tyrant lording over us.
    Just wait 'til a neighbor sells out to a hog farm operation, or a medical waste incinerator; it's his property after all. And you can just move if you don't like it.

I'm sure this wouldn't hurt your real estate value at all. New buyers would line up to move into the neighborhood.

His right to make money on his sale outweighs your right to recover reasonable value if you have to move. If you lose money, well, it was your decision to move.

My across-street neighbor never finished his house after years of DIY construction. Now the bank is letting it sit, unheated or -cooled, slowly falling into ruin. I'm not real sympathetic to those whose idea is to take their time getting the job done. Maybe I should sue the bank?

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Just wait 'til a neighbor sells out to a hog farm operation, or a medical waste incinerator; it's his property after all. And you can just move if you don't like it.

I'm sure this wouldn't hurt your real estate value at all. New buyers would line up to move into the neighborhood.

His right to make money on his sale outweighs your right to recover reasonable value if you have to move. If you lose money, well, it was your decision to move.

My across-street neighbor never finished his house after years of DIY construction. Now the bank is letting it sit, unheated or -cooled, slowly falling into ruin. I'm not real sympathetic to those whose idea is to take their time getting the job done. Maybe I should sue the bank?

I'll take a hog farm next door any day over the stench so Stayleys in Lafayette or Seagrams in Lawrenceburg.

level.eleven

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 12, 2009

Exactly. Now it is your turn to prove the market worthiness of a hog farm in downtown Boston. Hint: The free market says no to your factory farm next to Fenway.

cobber

Parrot Daddy
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    PR-WLAF
    Keep your uranium on your property and it'll be cool. All this BS confirms yet again why I am glad I don't live with fascist, controlling neighbors nearby anymore.
    I can't promise anything about the gamma radiation or radio-isotopes; fish gotta swim, birds gotta fly, and radiation, well, radiates. But hey, it's my property. If I build it, please don't be a fascist and try to interfere with my absolute property rights. Hey, if some stuff leaks into your well, you can always sue. If you can prove it came from my facility and wasn't just naturally-occuring. And please don't mind the railroad spur the city is going to build, or the tax abatement I'll have.

Good thing we're going to abolish the EPA in the next administration. :yesway:

Exactly. Now it is your turn to prove the market worthiness of a hog farm in downtown Boston. Hint: The free market says no to your factory farm next to Fenway.
    You live in Downtown Boston?

I would guess there are lots of places in American cities where a hog farm would be a higher value use of the property. Albeit probably still a nuisance to the neighbors.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom