• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Citizen 1 to the world: the government is corrupt, too large, yada, yada. We need to return to the constitution!

Citizen 1 to citizen 2: you better cut your grass or I'm calling the cops!

Funny how government is never too big as long as it works in your favor.

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    He got 2 days in the county jug and then 28 days on Home Detention where I hope he finished his house.
    That scumbag criminal is lucky they let him off on good behavior.

You cannot use your property to harm others.

I have a right to my guns, I do not have a right to shoot them into my neighbor's house.
    Are you saying that his siding was akin to bullets being shot at your house?

What a terrible analogy.

However, you cannot use ownership as a weapon to harm the property rights of others.
    Nobody is harmed by siding. End of story.

This is why city codes exist because of the a**hole problem.
    Sounds like the a**holes write the codes to me.

Free to live somewhere else.
    ( I would never live in a HOA hood)
    And what happens when your busybody neighbors turn your entire community into a de facto HOA that you did not sign up for?

Maybe the uppity hand-wringers should go live somewhere else, in a gated community where picket fences are mandatory and you are told what kind of vehicles are allowed to be parked in your driveway.

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    4 year project to re-side his house? And then weeks after his arrest, suddenly he gets the project done?

Guess he just needed some motivation.

Interesting he had money troubles for five years and then threw down $11K to get it done when the pressure was on.
    Maybe he was coerced into taking a second mortgage on his house?

Maybe he was coerced into making $11K worth of charges on his credit cards.

Maybe he will default on his loans now, because his town made him buy a bunch of siding.

The guy doesn't look like a bum to me. Maybe he was making a wise financial decision to pay his other bills first, given his circumstances.

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    Citizen 1 to the world: the government is corrupt, too large, yada, yada. We need to return to the constitution!

Bravo!:yesway:

Having had citizen 1 as a neighbor and calling on the motorhome on the side of my house, city inspector made me move it alright! 1/2" backwards, that's right, 1/2". The inspector wanted to know how I was able to live with such a douchenozzle for a neighbor!

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Will all of you pro code enforcement types abide by the code when it bans guns in your home? Your neighor Jim Bob Jones joins INGO and uses his full name as his user name. He posts copious pictures of his amazing gun collection. A lurker or another member sees this great collection, puts 2 and 2 together and figures out where Jim Bob lives. They break in and steal all of his guns. Now to protect the neighborhood from bringing in vermin, we'll just ban guns to protect everybody from themselves.

Seem too far fetched? "But I have the second amendment to protect my right to bear arms. They can't do that!" So which constitutional amendment guarantees you the right not to have douche bag neighbors? If 51% of the community want local codes to mandate grass height, why can't 51% of the community demand a code banning guns in your house? A government big enough to mandate your siding is big enough to mandate every other aspect of your private property. After all, your stash of ammo provides a fire hazard to all of your neighbors.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Bravo!:yesway:

Having had citizen 1 as a neighbor and calling on the motorhome on the side of my house, city inspector made me move it alright! 1/2" backwards, that's right, 1/2". The inspector wanted to know how I was able to live with such a douchenozzle for a neighbor!

Let me guess, your neighbor is a died in the wool republican. :laugh:

IndyBeerman

Was a real life Beerman.....
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Plainfield
    I think we have members who were headline writers in their former life's and was employed by the National Enquirer, Star, Globe and Weekly News.

The problem is in their former life's they couldn't get the headline right the first time and bounced from tabloid to tabloid in each of their life's.

History has repeated itself again, they still can't get the headline right, nothing but over sensationalization.

I think their current job must be the PR people for the local TV stations by the way they do the same thing with their weather coverage since the tabloids are falling out of favor.

You want people to take things serious, state it right don't over hype.

Better example would have been:

Man jailed 2 days and given 28 days home detention for failure to fix code violations for over 5 years.

WOW, what an informative correct headline, that was just too simple and informative.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Will all of you pro code enforcement types abide by the code when it bans guns in your home?

Different worlds. Owning guns is a fundamental right.

If 51% of the community want local codes to mandate grass height, why can't 51% of the community demand a code banning guns in your house?

Owning guns is a fundamental right not subject to majority vote.

Being "naturalistic" with your lawn is not a right.:D

traderdan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 20, 2009
    Martinsville
    I have a real problem with the attitudes of foolish people who have invested way too much money in a fancy looking crackerbox house,in some uppity neighborhood,that suddenly seeks to try to extend the supposed "value " of their poor investment by telling their neighbors what they cannot have and must do...I WISH I had a bunch of junk cars in my yard...The time will come in this country that people will realize that you only HAVE something if you really have it. If the bank says you have X amount of value in your home it is because they would like to loan you money,and enslave you in further in their debt!

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica

Gun ownership is derived from the fundamental right of property ownership.

And you like to regulate the crap out of property ownership.

Cuz' the majority sez so.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Gun ownership is derived from the right to life.

I want to stop people from hurting their neighbors with their property. I want to narrowly tailor the regulations to ensure that the a**holes do what needs to be done so they do not hurt others.

Ted

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2012
    I'm almost flabbergasted by the extreme positions of some on this thread. Yeah, it seems silly to arrest a guy for house siding. Though I'm sure that its not so much the person not completing the project, but rather his obstinate attitude after repeatedly having to instruct to complete the work.

If this guy can thumb his nose at the law in this respect, where does it end? Can I keep throwing crap filled diapers in my yard for you to look at year round, as well for you to smell in the summer heat? Do you think that it might have a bearing upon the ability to appraise your home for its full potential, not to mention the ability for you to sell your home. Is that not harmful to someone too?

Be it known that I was actually harmed as a result of a person not finishing his siding. A windstorm ripped a piece of the unsecured siding off his house, and hit me in the head and neck.

mydoghasfleas

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Nov 19, 2011
    Undisclosed

:yesway:

Different worlds?? Owning a home is not a fundamental right? Is owning property a right at all? Liberty itself is owning the fruits of ones labor, that is his property. You may find some legal description that says otherwise, that doesnt mean they are just. There is absolutly no difference between the two.

While owning property is the basis of free people, the sad truth is you do not own your property, and neither do your neighbors, the city does.

They will do the same with guns because we continue to let them violate others property, especially when we approve (like in this case). Soon you will be defending [STRIKE]your house[/STRIKE] the cities house with a slingshot because thats all you will have left. Be carefull though, if you break a window out with that slingshot you better fix it or go strait to jail.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Gun ownership is derived from the right to life.

I want to stop people from hurting their neighbors with their property. I want to narrowly tailor the regulations to ensure that the a**holes do what needs to be done so they do not hurt others.

And how do you propose to do that? Hall monitors in each house? While they're at it, they could monitor the diets of the household to make sure they aren't eating too much salt and sugar.

Those things seems like an overreach to you but grass monitors aren't? They both derive from the same thing. Those who wish to exert control over others.

I've posted pictures of my crap shack before. I've got coons, squirrels, deere, etc around. And yet, not a single one has done damage to my property. I don't leave anything out for them to get into. I'll be sure not to post my grid coordinates so all the nannies don't call me in for creating a nuisance to my neighbors.

Zoub

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2008
    Northern Edge, WI
    And what happens when your busybody neighbors turn your entire community into a de facto HOA that you did not sign up for?

Maybe the uppity hand-wringers should go live somewhere else, in a gated community where picket fences are mandatory and you are told what kind of vehicles are allowed to be parked in your driveway.
    "de facto" meaning enforcing the laws that are already on the books?

You choose where you live. The laws were there before you were. People who want even more came up with the concept of the HOA. People who want less live where the population density is less. If you move to the country and then build in a development that has a HOA, you don't live in the country, you live under a HOA.

It is real easy to figure out and conflict is very easy to avoid.

It is also easy to talk big **** when you have not had to go to the hospital due to a situation like this next to your home. In the country you can control the food chain in your yard. In the city you go to the hospital and pay the bills for the injuries suffered and when you return you still can't legally shoot anything.

In the old days, out came the 5 gallons of gas and a match.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Owning a home is not a fundamental right? Is owning property a right at all?

Owning property is most certainly is a right. Letting your property turn into a fetid pile of crap is not a right.

With rights come duties. You have a duty not to harm others with your property, which is why the Lafayette Police Department gets all jackbooty when I drive down the downtown sidewalks in MY property. It's my truck I can drive it wherever I want--fascists!

Top Bottom