• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ted

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2012
    ::shakes head:: When will people realize that with rights, come responsibilities.....and that no right is absolute.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    And how do you propose to do that? Hall monitors in each house? While they're at it, they could monitor the diets of the household to make sure they aren't eating too much salt and sugar.

You have an ordinances about throwing trash in the street from your house, or not cutting your grass, or rusty cars on blocks in one's front yard.

If someone violates the ordinance, after notice and opportunity to be heard, fine them (suspended), fine them (execute it) , and if they do not comply you suspend their DL or hold them in contempt.

The monitoring of diets begins in 2014.

mydoghasfleas

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Nov 19, 2011
    Undisclosed
    Owning property is most certainly is a right. Letting your property turn into a fetid pile of crap is not a right.

With rights come duties. You have a duty not to harm others with your property, which is why the Lafayette Police Department gets all jackbooty when I drive down the downtown sidewalks in MY property. It's my truck I can drive it wherever I want--fascists!

If you cannot do with your property without approval, it is not your property. And if you make upgrades you get to pay a higher rent ....errrr I mean higher taxes.

Perpetual taxation and not being able to do anything to your property without permision? That is not ownership, thats renting. And you have to pay for the up-keep.

And we all paid for the sidewalk.

Zoub

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2008
    Northern Edge, WI
    It's my gasoline and match, I can do what I want . . . wait, er . . . what do you mean that it is Arson?:laugh:
    Exactly. What was justice is now a felony, assuming no one dies.

Get out a gun and shoot until there is a gap in the food chain. Shoot some rats, coons, coyotes and rescue dogs who want to eat your ears off. Oh wait, they can reattach the neighbor kids ear with stitches but you are going to jail for discharging a gun inside city limits.

City................Limits. Living in the city limits what you can do.

The rules are not there for when people get along, they are there for when they don't. The city ties your hands, then they take care of it for you. If you don't like it, avoid it.

Vote with your feet instead of your mouth.

Last edited:

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    If you cannot do with your property without approval, it is not your property.

Yes, I cannot drive my truck down the sidewalk without city approval. It is a crying shame.

And you have to pay for the up-keep

Yes, you have to carry your own pack. Just like you have to pay for your own upkeep and ammo for your guns.

And we all paid for the sidewalk.

I paid for my truck, it's my property so I get to drive it down the sidewalk!

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Exactly. What was justice is now a felony, assuming no one dies.

Get out a gun and shoot until there is a gap in the food chain. Shoot some rats, coons, coyotes and rescue dogs who want to eat your ears off. Oh wait, they can reattach the neighbor kids ear with stitches but you are going to jail for discharging a gun inside city limits.

City................Limits. Living in the city limits what you can do.

The rules are not there for when people get along, they are there for when they don't. The city ties your hands, then they take care of it for you. If you don't like it, avoid it.

Vote with your feet instead of your mouth.

I did vote with my feet. There's 4 houses on my mile long road. One across from me and 2 a half mile away. I still disagree with hypocritical control freaks. You know the ones. "Government, get out of my business and get into my neighbor's".

GBuck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jul 18, 2011
    Franklin
    That scumbag criminal is lucky they let him off on good behavior.
    He is a criminal. If you were ordered to appear in court or obey a court order you would be a criminal too. What is the point of a judicial system at all if the courts do not have some recourse for those that ignore them?

Oh, wait, I forgot you would prefer anarchy. Carry on.

Hammer

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 24, 2009
    On the lake
    Nobody is harmed by siding. End of story.
    Really. So my neighbor's unfinished "home improvement project" of 4 years is not harming me by reducing my property value say in excess of $15k? I say it is. Would you want to live by this? If you don't mind living by this, PM me and I will set up a showing with you and my realtor.

iphone1-18056.jpg

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Will I be a criminal for failing to appear when I get arrested for skipping down the sidewalk?

Why should I give merit to a court that is enforcing laws that shouldn't be laws to begin with?

GBuck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jul 18, 2011
    Franklin
    Will I be a criminal for failing to appear when I get arrested for skipping down the sidewalk?

Why should I give merit to a court that is enforcing laws that shouldn't be laws to begin with?
    I'm not telling you you should. I am telling you that if it is a law, and you break it, you will go to jail for not appearing in court when scheduled. Whether you agree with the law does not make it go away.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Really. So my neighbor's unfinished "home improvement project" of 4 years is not harming me by reducing my property value say in excess of $15k? I say it is. Would you want to live by this? If you don't mind living by this, PM me and I will set up a showing with you and my realtor.

iphone1-18056.jpg

I lived across from this about 4 months before they finally cleaned it up. I didn't call until their crap was blowing into my yard. I keep hearing we all knew what the codes were before we moved in. I knew what kind of neighborhood I was moving into before I did.

How much do petty tyrants negatively affect my property values?

trailer001.jpg

level.eleven

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    Different worlds. Owning guns is a fundamental right.

Yes, the right to own property. All rights are property rights. Now, open up your basement bunker for inspection. The one you have posted about. Having reloading equipment and the various supplies as well as ammunition stored in a residential area could pose a hazard. Imagine the hit to property values should an accident occur in your home. No one wants to live next to crazy gun guy.

mydoghasfleas

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Nov 19, 2011
    Undisclosed
    Yes, I cannot drive my truck down the sidewalk without city approval. It is a crying shame.

The sidewalk is not your private property.

Yes, you have to carry your own pack. Just like you have to pay for your own upkeep and ammo for your guns.

My pack is my pack. If I am fined/jailed because I dont carry it in a way that is satisfactory to you, then it was never really my pack.

I paid for my truck, it's my property so I get to drive it down the sidewalk!

You can drive your truck on what only you paid for like your own private walkway, and park it in your driveway (I just like saying that...its funny)

Zoub

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2008
    Northern Edge, WI
    I didn't call until their crap was blowing into my yard.
    When we rented out the house we own in Indy, I told the people before we signed any leases, "after big storms or severe wind, any siding you find in the yard or drive belongs to that house or that house over there. Just put it by their mail boxes. If it damages your vehicle, call your insurance and then file a complaint. The last time it happened I just tossed all of it in the pond."

This is my GF's house, there is a HOA and they never say anything to the 2 perpetual siding offenders but people wonder about one of my trees. It is a Tulip tree, not on the approved list of front yard trees. I am known as a gun guy so maybe that is why the golf cart driving HOA Nazi never says anything to us?

Society has turned to **** in general.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Of the 4 houses on my gravel road, they're all nice and well kept. There was an old house just north of me that the owner tore down to farm the ground. As far as I know, none of us complain about each others properties. We don't need a petty tyrant lording over us.

level.eleven

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    Moral of the story isnt anything to do with Code enforcement nazis, its SHOW UP FOR COURT WHEN ORDERED OR YOU WILL GO TO JAIL!

There isn't a difference. They all are paid by the same team. How can this man even receive a fair trial? Who pays the prosecution? Who pays the judge? How is that a fair trial? Just like traffic court.

Top Bottom