• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Perhaps I should move to Burnsville, MN. After all, if they have the time and resources for dealing with a 'problem' such as this with so much force of government, the place must be completely devoid of murderers, robbers, burglars, rapists, molesters, arsonists, drug dealers, panhandlers, and the ultimate scourge of society, jaywalkers.

level.eleven

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    You live in Downtown Boston?

I would guess there are lots of places in American cities where a hog farm would be a higher value use of the property. Albeit probably still a nuisance to the neighbors.

I am waiting for an example of commercial or residential real estate being valued as farm land. Ball is in your court. In such cases, it is regarded as a market failure and is adjusted accordingly. If it isn't it is regarded as a success and the market benefits all those who surround with market priced food.

Last edited:

level.eleven

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    You mean the farms in Manhattan or like Detroit?
    Please, more details. Were these farms efficient? Or, were they mandated? I don't know. Are you okay with your neighbors inspecting the arms facility in your basement and adjusting their property value?

cobber

Parrot Daddy
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    PR-WLAF
    I am waiting for an example of commercial or residential real estate being valued as farm land. Ball is in your court. In such cases, it is regarded as a market failure and is adjusted accordingly.
    I'm sorry but you're the one who brought up Boston next to Fenway and made a straw-man argument.

Not living in Boston next to Fenway, I would guess that a commercial property built next to my residence would potentially have a much higher market value than my modest house.

Or say a strip mall built in the middle of a residential neighborhood in ... Boston. Gee.

And an agribusiness might well have a higher market value than some commercial neighborhoods in many of the large cities I have seen (and lived in, e.g. the South Side of Chicago, say 63rd Street and south to about 95th).

level.eleven

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    So why aren't there factory hog farms in Carmel? Zoning? Well thank goodness for government for keeping hog farms out of the Circle in Indy.

Glock19

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 17, 2012
    NE Indianapolis
    Dont live in the HOA, or read what you sign first. Go to court when ordered. Its not like it was boom go to jail for no siding. He probably got plenty of warnings and ignored em, just like he ignored a order to appear.

cobber

Parrot Daddy
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    PR-WLAF
    So why aren't there factory hog farms in Carmel? Zoning? Well thank goodness for government for keeping hog farms out of the Circle in Indy.
    Good straw-man. :yesway:

You want to talk about cities, like Boston and Carmel, have at it.

I seem to recall a few years back folks in Fountain County weren't happy when some factory farms moved in. Typically no one had wanted zoning in the county. Before that day. Some of them were a bit miffed that their neighbors had sold to the factories.

In that case, a hog farm was/is a higher value use of the land.

As for the plan to move these to Boston, I'll have to give you the credit for that one.

level.eleven

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    Good straw-man. :yesway:

You want to talk about cities, like Boston and Carmel, have at it.

I seem to recall a few years back folks in Fountain County weren't happy when some factory farms moved in. Typically no one had wanted zoning in the county. Before that day. Some of them were a bit miffed that their neighbors had sold to the factories.

In that case, a hog farm was/is a higher value use of the land.

As for the plan to move these to Boston, I'll have to give you the credit for that one.

Imagine that. That pesky market dictating worth. Obviously they should have had consent from the commune.

level.eleven

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    The majority's sensibilities trump your opinion. It would be a lot simpler if people just admitted this fact. That is the root of "property value". We don't like cars in the driveway, black people, or dogs on a chain. Just admit the fact. You want to use the barrel of gun, wielded by people calling themselves government, to dictate the color of the flowers in their garden. You want people to conform to the communal sense. Utopia, the perfect community in your image. Funny that civil libertarians are often accused of seeking utopia. The difference being the gun, of course.

Last edited:

level.eleven

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    Dont live in the HOA, or read what you sign first. Go to court when ordered. Its not like it was boom go to jail for no siding. He probably got plenty of warnings and ignored em, just like he ignored a order to appear.

Exactly. We are all part of the commune. Pass the drums, man.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    You want to use the barrel of gun, wielded by people calling themselves government, to dictate the color of the flowers in their garden.

I think it is a matter of where to draw the line.

I don't want people to hurt another's property via malice or sloth. Having sensible protections so that people cannot use their property as a weapon is just like a statute prohibiting people from driving their property down the sidewalk.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    I think it is a matter of where to draw the line.

I don't want people to hurt another's property via malice or sloth. Having sensible protections so that people cannot use their property as a weapon is just like a statute prohibiting people from driving their property down the sidewalk.

Well, we have INGOers who want to use the government gun to dictate how businesses his employees. We have INGOers who want to use the government gun to protect our real estate values. Wouldn't life be so much easier if we just reported to our local commissar to have them appoint our job positions and housing? They can give the unemployed jobs maintaining our houses so they're satisfactory for all.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Oh, and you have no right to **** and moan when that "line" gets moved to a position you don't like. You demanded the line to begin with.

steveh_131

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Porter County
    Having sensible protections so that people cannot use their property as a weapon is just like a statute prohibiting people from driving their property down the sidewalk.

Are we still on this 'sidewalk' analogy? You just gonna keep ignoring the glaring faults in it that several people have pointed out now?

mydoghasfleas

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Nov 19, 2011
    Undisclosed
    If someones property is causing harm to spill over to your property, then use your property rights to sue at your expense, not everyone elses. An ugly home is not justification.

Look at what happens when going beyond this logic. If I were to buy a house in a ran down neighborhood and make it into a palace, should I then be able to sue all my neighbors for some of my cost? After all, they benefit from my good deed. For that matter, can I sue and force them to improve their property?

Freedom isnt free right? It does have its downside, but the upside is imeasurable.

Double T

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   1
    Aug 5, 2011
    Huntington
    Liberty for the masses does not come with out limits to individual liberties.

I can dance whereever I want, so long as I am not naked, and not in the middle of a street in oncoming traffic.

There have to be limits to prevent anarchy.

Top Bottom