Major Davis Jr's family spoke out about shooting today. This is what they said..

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Another member of the immediate community has a say:

INDIANAPOLIS – A woman who knows the man accused of fatally shooting IMPD Officer Perry Renn over the weekend says he had become angry and bitter toward police. April Spells owns the grey and yellow house at the corner of 34th St. and Forest Manor Avenue...However, Spells says none of Davis’ anger justifies the killing of a police officer.

In fact, she says she knew and respected Officer Renn after meeting him on several occasions. “He was a great man, a family man,” Spells told FOX59. “And he was here to do what he was supposed to do, and that was to serve and protect our streets of Indianapolis.” Spells spent more than a decade running a beauty salon out of her house at the corner of 34th and Forest Manor Avenue. She says Officer Renn went above and beyond to make her and her neighbors feel safe.

On several occasions, Spells says officer Renn would wait in his police car to make sure she made it safely to her own car after closing her beauty shop late at night. “He felt like this was his neighborhood,” she said. “This was his job and not only a job, I felt like he reached over and beyond the call of duty.”

Read more: Witness, family friend describe events leading up to officer?s killing | Fox 59 News ? fox59.com

And now the family of the THUG will commence a smear campaign on this woman.
    Too bad.
    The news needs to put some more of these stories out.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    "He was a good man"

Yeah, because good men just decide to gun down police officers. Absolutely despicable.

Someone asked me what the difference was between a me using a gun to protect someone, and the person I'm using it against. He was implying it was hypocritical.
    I told him, the difference is, I did not initiate the action. The criminal initiated the action, therefore is at blame.

These people will never understand that.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    My daughters picture was shared on wthr Facebook page placing her teddy bear on Ofc. Renns patrol car. I was scrolling the comments on the picture and saw a completely ignorant statement so decided to click the profile and read more. Nothing but blatant ignorance and displacement of blame...the same mentality that is so prevalant in "the hood"

Screenshot_2014-07-08-06-05-38_zpswqh8du5d.png

And some folks wonder why my head is spinning around. What a load of total :poop:

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Do they realize with 10 millions signatures, she still won't see her son?

Those under arrest have no visitation with 24 hour police watch and are cuffed to the bed.

They are aware of the rules but do not hold to them. They are special. This is a frenzy media thing. Lets see where this goes.

CitizenX

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2012
    Tippecanoe
    I've said this before on another similar thread but I feel it applies here as well... " This is what is wrong with America. The exponential growth of perpetual stupidity through careless breeding and failed parenting, further aggravated by the right to vote."

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    Years ago I took a domestic battery report from a female. She stated that her baby daddy came over to her apartment and assaulted her. I asked for his information, she just gave me his street name. I asked for his real name and she replied, "I don't know him like that." Yup, got a kid by him and only knows his street name. Ugh.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Denny, I would say that your experience stands in evidence of the fact that there is no bottom limit on stupidity.

armedindy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 10, 2011
    i thought it was perfectly legal to open carry a long gun in this state. Was the officers request for the man to drop the rifle legal??? just wondering

BogWalker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 5, 2013
    i thought it was perfectly legal to open carry a long gun in this state. Was the officers request for the man to drop the rifle legal??? just wondering
    We went over this a bit earlier. The officer was responding to a shots fired call.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    i thought i read that it was a "bogus call"...you know, withh all the fireworks going off and what not

SUUUUUUUURE it was just "fireworks" uh-huh. :rolleyes: (not calling YOU a liar indy)

And who just wanders around with an un-slung AK? Even "freaks" like us use slings when we OC long guns as we hang out.

armedindy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 10, 2011
    fair enough...i dont know what happened that night....but if this man was profiled for having dark skin and dread locks and was defending his life, i hope he gets the easy way out and never makes it out of the hospital...HOWEVER, if he is an evil gangbanging a-hole (which i believe to be more likely) i hope he wakes up and spends the rest of his life in prison.

just my opinion.

an american is an american no matter his location in the city, skin tone, hair style, or even method of rifle carry..

i dont know what happened, but i have my opinions about whats right and whats wrong

armedindy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 10, 2011
    Bogus call or not, he OPENED FIRE.
    Seems like only people said he didn't, were family.

again, i dont know what happened that night...i'd like to see and or hear the dash cam stuff.....nonetheless my instinct agrees with all of you...but until i see it, i cant be sure

VUPDblue

Silencers Have NEVER Been Illegal !
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   1
    Mar 20, 2008
    Franklin Township
    there is no dash cam stuff. as has been posted here eleventybillion times, we do not have in-car cameras.

there are quite a few witnesses and from what I understand, they all have pretty much the same story. the only folks who are blaming the police are the family.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    fair enough...i dont know what happened that night....but if this man was profiled for having dark skin and dread locks and was defending his life, i hope he gets the easy way out and never makes it out of the hospital...HOWEVER, if he is an evil gangbanging a-hole (which i believe to be more likely) i hope he wakes up and spends the rest of his life in prison.

just my opinion.

an american is an american no matter his location in the city, skin tone, hair style, or even method of rifle carry..

i dont know what happened, but i have my opinions about whats right and whats wrong[

I am going to get into so much trouble.....:faint:

Top Bottom