• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • RichFitz

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 9, 2013
    Austin, Texas
    SnS, it's not as easy as you think it is. It isn't "decide you like a building, move, voila." I just got done moving an ambulance station 4 miles down the road. All that we had to move was ambulances, desks, furniture, and equipment. We were supposed to move in May. We wound up finally moving at the beginning of September. The building has to be inspected, verified that it is zoned for whatever operations are going in, lease signed/all paperwork approved, pack up (which will take a month at minimum), and then move. There's so many steps involved that once they decide where to go and get approval, it will still take a month or three to finish up.

Very true. It took us 4 months just to convert our formal warehouse space into offices and set up cubical spaces.

RobbyMaQ

#BarnWoodStrong
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Mar 26, 2012
    Lizton
    I'm just going to mention that my grandmother used to say 'If you don't have anything nice to say, then don't say anything at all'
    I will also mention that there is always the Good, the Bad & the Ugly where any member may post their praises or grievances with a company. I am fairly certain, this thread is not for that purpose.

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    ...I wonder if they would uproot their family, take their kids out of school, leave family and friends behind, sell their house, find another house, find another job, and go to another state if Indiana banned 30 round mags?

I have not been following this thread and I've not gone through to "catch up" to make this post. That said... This is a professional company, with access to lawyers and others who would be involved in planning such a move. I don't fault them for not moving, per se. I fault them if they said they were going to in a certain time frame without making sure they could do it.

Put another way... There are some tasks here on INGO that I can do as a member, others I can do as a mod, and still others I do not have the ability to perform myself. There are also some tasks I have the ability to do, but by agreement, the mod team works together to do those with consensus. I will not tell a member that I *will* do something if I cannot guarantee that I can do it without a doubt. I will instead say that I'll do my best, or that I'll try to complete whatever it is. Not to pat myself on the back, but this is honest and forthright, IMHO.

If Magpul was not absolutely certain that the move was a done deal, they should not have locked themselves into a timetable they could not meet. Tell us you'll begin looking for a state that is more firearms-friendly, tell us that you're looking with an eye to moving, but when you commit yourself, it's your own fault if you end up with egg on your face. (Edit to add: After posting and reading some of RichFitz's comments, it seems that this indeed is what they did... Made a partial move, as promised. As I said above, I've not followed the thread, but I'm impressed that a company like Magpul comes here with the member speaking for the company, but under his own name, and sets the record straight. End edit)

:twocents:

Blessings,
    Bill

Last edited:

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Not too sure what exactly in our behavior makes us "Dicks".

He is referring to Dick's sporting goods; One of the first big box stores a little over a year ago to stop selling scary black rifles because of Newtown, thus pissing off the hard core 2A crowd.

To add insult to injury, recently Dicks announced a new division; A line of stores selling only high end hunting and camping gear (like REI, Cabellas, etc). And what do you know? All those scary black rifles they supposedly wont sell on principle? The original inventory (and then some I assume) are now being sold by the new division. So Dicks wont sell ARs, M1As, etc but they have no problems selling them via another brand. Quite the dick move no matter how you slice it.

So he wasnt calling you guys dicks. He called you Dick's. ;) Some here would prefer to be called a prick, dick, etc. over being called a Dick. :):

You do make great products, but your PR dept probably wrote a check your a** cant cash in regards to moving quickly.

My perception as well as many others is that you are ignoring your principles over your profits. Perception (at least how I see it) is that if you guys truly wanted to move, you would have found suitable industrial space and moved. Instead I perceive you are looking for the best tax abatements and other incentives from various municipalities and playing those against each other to exploit the best deal possible in an effort to fund your move on the backs of the local taxpayers.

Fish or cut bait. Pick a site, move and be done with it. Or say "local conditions have changed, its now in our best interest given the recalls, etc. to stay." You remind me of my wife standing at the closet, paralyzed and unable to pick out an outfit for our date night. Just make a bloody decision.

And assuming you are who you claim to be and arent a clever troll, welcome to INGO. We appreciate your feedback and what info you can share. Here is hoping *IF* you move, Indiana is your destination. Its a great place to live and work.

mbills2223

Eternal Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Indy
    I have not heard where they partially moved too, is that a secret?

To my knowledge they have never said. I dunno if it's a secret or not...

Basically, what I'm saying is that I can offer nothing up to this conversation, but I felt compelled to post here.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    I have not been following this thread and I've not gone through to "catch up" to make this post. That said... This is a professional company, with access to lawyers and others who would be involved in planning such a move. I don't fault them for not moving, per se. I fault them if they said they were going to in a certain time frame without making sure they could do it.

Put another way... There are some tasks here on INGO that I can do as a member, others I can do as a mod, and still others I do not have the ability to perform myself. There are also some tasks I have the ability to do, but by agreement, the mod team works together to do those with consensus. I will not tell a member that I *will* do something if I cannot guarantee that I can do it without a doubt. I will instead say that I'll do my best, or that I'll try to complete whatever it is. Not to pat myself on the back, but this is honest and forthright, IMHO.

If Magpul was not absolutely certain that the move was a done deal, they should not have locked themselves into a timetable they could not meet. Tell us you'll begin looking for a state that is more firearms-friendly, tell us that you're looking with an eye to moving, but when you commit yourself, it's your own fault if you end up with egg on your face. (Edit to add: After posting and reading some of RichFitz's comments, it seems that this indeed is what they did... Made a partial move, as promised. As I said above, I've not followed the thread, but I'm impressed that a company like Magpul comes here with the member speaking for the company, but under his own name, and sets the record straight. End edit)

Blessings,
    Bill
    i think this is a great post. Maybe originally the company thought by stating they would leave Colorado if the new law was passed they would somehow have a lot of political clout to prevent a yes vote. I don't blame that strategy if that's the case. But like stated if you say your gonna do something then your kinda stuck in it.
    i think originally it might have been thought that a move would be simpler than it is in reality. Therefore the long delay.
    like I stated, I love magpul products, I trust them. I also truly believe magpuls word and believe they will move totally out of Colorado. I'll be patient. But, BUT if they don't move, I will never buy from them again and I'll even encourage my local shops that I support with my business, to boycott them. I don't think it will come to that but a lot of people backed magpul (by buying from them) because of the stance they took. We will feel tricked for their profit. I was rocking magpul before most people ever heard their name, so I've been in for the long haul.

i don't really know either if that's the real magpul CEO. Frankly I doubt it, but I'm sure magpul is listening to customers at some level. I pray they are. I wish the best to them. I love true American companies!

Bunnykid68

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Cave of Caerbannog
    Did they not move the production of mags to a new location? I thought I saw that somewhere in here.

I have heard that as well, but to where? Which state did they move that too? Why would it be a secret? That kind of info tends to be public information and is hard to keep secret but somehow they have managed to start manufacturing something somewhere and nobody knows.

Could we just buy a new mag and look at the manufactures stamp on it to see where they are made now?

RichFitz

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 9, 2013
    Austin, Texas
    I fault them if they said they were going to in a certain time frame without making sure they could do it.

Blessings,
    Bill

We did not set any timetable for the move so we are not breaking any promise about not moving yet.

We did say we would start moving magazine production out of Colorado within 30 days and we did that. We are not saying where yet as it would cause un-nessesary speculation on a move location.

We know our industry and our production, so we knew how long this process would take and that is why we started out by stating the two points...

1. We are moving.
    2. We are not disclosing any details on the move until location(s) are finalized.

RichFitz

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 9, 2013
    Austin, Texas
    I have heard that as well, but to where? Which state did they move that too? Why would it be a secret? That kind of info tends to be public information and is hard to keep secret but somehow they have managed to start manufacturing something somewhere and nobody knows.

Could we just buy a new mag and look at the manufactures stamp on it to see where they are made now?

We have not disclosed any details about the move per the two points I have mentioned above. We details are finalized there will be a formal announcement. Until then we are remaining silent while we are in talks with the various states.

RichFitz

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 9, 2013
    Austin, Texas
    You do make great products, but your PR dept probably wrote a check your a** cant cash in regards to moving quickly.

My perception as well as many others is that you are ignoring your principles over your profits. Perception (at least how I see it) is that if you guys truly wanted to move, you would have found suitable industrial space and moved. Instead I perceive you are looking for the best tax abatements and other incentives from various municipalities and playing those against each other to exploit the best deal possible in an effort to fund your move on the backs of the local taxpayers.

Fish or cut bait. Pick a site, move and be done with it. Or say "local conditions have changed, its now in our best interest given the recalls, etc. to stay." You remind me of my wife standing at the closet, paralyzed and unable to pick out an outfit for our date night. Just make a bloody decision.

Thanks for the explanation on the "Dicks" comment. Magpul's economic in the State was the ONLY real speed bump in fighting the law in Colorado. We gained enough time to make the story a national issue and a big one in Colorado. We also played a part in the recall of the Senators donating several thousand magazines to support the event. So most looking at the facts would disagree with SnS assessment.

Just because we are not commenting does not mean stuff is not happening. We just returned from another state this week regarding the move. You might not like the time it is taking by doing due diligence but that is the only smart way forward.

RichFitz

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 9, 2013
    Austin, Texas
    About two weeks ago I bought 2 PMAGs for $12.99 ea. They say Colorado, USA.

Actually the magazines have only said Made in USA for quite awhile.

The packaging says Magpul Industries Corp ! Colorado U.S.A ! Made in the USA

Colorado in this context clearly refers to the place where Magpul is incorporated in (Colorado). This Colorado reference has already been removed on newer Magazine we have released and will be changed as bags are reordered.

RichFitz

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 9, 2013
    Austin, Texas
    i think this is a great post. Maybe originally the company thought by stating they would leave Colorado if the new law was passed they would somehow have a lot of political clout to prevent a yes vote. I don't blame that strategy if that's the case. But like stated if you say your gonna do something then your kinda stuck in it.
    i think originally it might have been thought that a move would be simpler than it is in reality. Therefore the long delay.
    like I stated, I love magpul products, I trust them. I also truly believe magpuls word and believe they will move totally out of Colorado. I'll be patient. But, BUT if they don't move, I will never buy from them again and I'll even encourage my local shops that I support with my business, to boycott them. I don't think it will come to that but a lot of people backed magpul (by buying from them) because of the stance they took. We will feel tricked for their profit. I was rocking magpul before most people ever heard their name, so I've been in for the long haul.

i don't really know either if that's the real magpul CEO. Frankly I doubt it, but I'm sure magpul is listening to customers at some level. I pray they are. I wish the best to them. I love true American companies!

You are correct on the first point -That we hoped that our economic clout would be able to defeat the bill. We were offered many concessions to "go neutral" on the bill but we kept firm on "kill the bill" or we will move. We came pretty close a few times and only lost by 1 vote in the end.

On the second point - We were under no illusions on the length of time it would take to move the business which is why we set expectations the best we could to allow us time to plan a move efficiently.

As for me being who I say I am, the mods can check my registration email which is from a magpul.com address.

Top Bottom