• ...and so much more!
  • Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    If this really is the CEO, I gotta say the mag giveaway you all did in Colorado was brilliant and I cheered so hard for you guys over that!
    Also if your really who you say you are thank you for coming here and talking with us and taking some heat with the praise.
    and if you all come to indiana we WILL give you all a proper Hoosier welcome!! I'd love to buy a "Magpul, Indiana" t-shirt :):

Edit: I hope the members in this thread no matter what your opinion is, at least give this man some credit for knowingly walking into a turd storm! And when (yep I said when) they announce the move complete you pony up and eat some crow. :):

Last edited:

BravoMike

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 19, 2011
    Avon
    Actually the magazines have only said Made in USA for quite awhile.

The packaging says Magpul Industries Corp ! Colorado U.S.A ! Made in the USA

Colorado in this context clearly refers to the place where Magpul is incorporated in (Colorado). This Colorado reference has already been removed on newer Magazine we have released and will be changed as bags are reordered.

For clarification, I posted this picture of my magazine still in its package. I see what you mean that the Colorado, USA is in reference to the corporation.

Thanks for stopping by on INGO to explain your side of things. Kudos to a CEO that has that level of commitment. :yesway:

image.jpg

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    RichFitz, do you ever sleep? :D

Interesting conversation. I have been a part of product placement programs at our plant. While not quite the same as a wholesale company move, I understand the need for discretion. People tend to remember big and bold announcements and promises. Once the final decision is announced, you lose all leverage from the affected parties for, among other things, labor agreements and local .gov issues. On the other hand, you have people like us that tend to be idealistic and either can't or don't want to understand, at the end of the day, you still have to be profitable. Tough balancing act.

ViperJock

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Feb 28, 2011
    Fort Wayne-ish
    Rich, I can see you are new to the interwebs so I'm going to give you some advice; you can't win the interwebs with data and reason. You need to get yourself some hyperbole, some straw man arguments, A LOT of emotional outburst, and most importantly bring your best third grade.

Seriously though, Indiana FTW. And BTW I see that you were a Marine so I apologize for calling you a soldier earlier :D

Last edited:

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    Mr. Fitz,

You've said repeatedly that you / Magpul can't and won't say where you're moving.

And I know it's been said repeatedly on this thread and in others referencing your upcoming move.

Count me in as another who really hopes that you've chosen Indiana.

Thank you for joining INGO - and please don't get too disillusioned about Hoosiers and/or INGO based on some folks' thinking that you can just pick up and move a manufacturing facility in a few weeks' time.

-J-

stephen87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    May 26, 2010
    The Seven Seas
    SnS, do you seriously not see where it could hurt the company to announce where they've moved manufacturing to?

Let's say they moved magazine manufacturing to Arizona for now. Notice I said "for now," as in "could change in the future." They've decided Arizona suits them for a short time while they decide a perma-location. They say "We've moved magazine manufacturing to Arizona for now, but we are still looking into a permanent location. Our options are Indiana, Alaska, Florida, and Timbuktu." Well, Arizona catches wind of it says "Well, if we aren't in your options for a permanent location, then we don't want you or your product." Boycott ensues, they eventually decide to leave because people are boycotting their product. Why would announce a location that may not be permanent? Maybe they are in talks with the state they're manufacturing mags in, maybe they aren't. Either way, if you're not 100% committed, there's no reason to tell everyone where you've moved a portion of your manufacturing to.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I imagine it would take considerably longer to move a factory than a football team. Perhaps "butthurt" is an acquired taste but I find it distasteful enough that I'd rather not be butthurt unless I've truly been harmed.

Rich, just take your time, make the right decisions for the needs of your business. I can wait. Also, I'm sorry your state has been such a commie magnet especially in the past 20 years. I think if all the transplants left, including my inlaws, Colorado would once again be a solid red state.

Anyway, take your time. Now that I'm subscribed to this thread, I can use Kirk's faithful monthly post as a reminder that it's time to send in my mortgage payment.

Carry on.

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    We did not set any timetable for the move so we are not breaking any promise about not moving yet.

We did say we would start moving magazine production out of Colorado within 30 days and we did that. We are not saying where yet as it would cause un-nessesary speculation on a move location.

We know our industry and our production, so we knew how long this process would take and that is why we started out by stating the two points...

1. We are moving.
    2. We are not disclosing any details on the move until location(s) are finalized.

Thank you, sir, for your reply. I thought I remembered a timetable, i.e. "if this passes, we move by XXX (date)". You've clarified and quoted what was actually said, and that is appreciated.

For the record, the opinions of some of our more vocal members are not the opinions of the majority, nor are they the opinions of this board.

If Indiana is among the states being considered for the move of Magpul, I think it is fair to say that it would be more than welcome here, and I think we can certainly find room here to get along with a new employer and firearms accessories manufacturer.

Blessings,
    Bill

Shoots4Fun

Master
    Rating - 100%
    74   0   0
    Dec 21, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN
    This thread is embarrassing and I applaud Mr. Fitz for his joining of INGO, his candid replies, and willingness to wade through the insults and BS here for those of us who love their products, have been encouraged by their standing up for us law-abiding citizens who are firearms enthusiasts, and who seemingly runs a lucrative business that cares about their employees.

As a business owner myself in a completely unrelated industry, I'm frequently and continually shocked by the lack of business knowledge of average people in my field and others. In my opinion, it is the American dream to be creative, invent a successful product (particularly in a segment you love), to make money from said products, and create jobs and even wealth, which creates an environment good for communities and all involved.

:twocents:

Clay

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.8%
    81   1   0
    Aug 28, 2008
    Vigo Co
    Glad to see people with little to no real world industrial experience come out and use the "Colts moving overnight" (yeah right) as a de facto model for moving an established manufacturing company. Nice.

Good luck to Magpul in the move.

Scout

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 7, 2008
    near Fort Wayne
    I hear ya!
    We moved a molding/extrusion shop several years ago and it took us a few months to do it and several more to get things rolling up to speed. And we moved 28 miles, in the same state, an into a building the company already owned. But these whiners have no idea what it takes to move such an operation. So here's a few considerations................
    1. What state?
    2. What are the taxes?
    3. Where's a suitable building?
    4. Do you move the heavy equipment or take a loss selling it and purchase new?
    5. What about the loyal employees? Ask them to come along or let them go? Pay them severance?
    6. Hire new inexperienced people and spend time training?
    7. Install overhead cranes to handle the molds?
    8. Install cooling for the machines?
    9. Install racks for the skids of material?
    10. Rewire the building for machinery?
    11. Set up a tooling area for molds if you build and repair in house? Or find another mold maker locally?
    12. Offices, docks, maintenance area?

I'd be looking at the old Carbon Motors factory In Connersville. Currently empty, it's on a state road, has rail service, and there is a small airport across the street.

Amattern

Expert
    Rating - 97.1%
    66   2   0
    Jan 4, 2011
    Terre Haute, IN
    The Colts did move in a day

You have already been proved wrong on this point. You obviously have no comprehension on what it takes to move. Its takes more than a day to move a house, let alone trying to move a multi million dollar business. please come back when you have something valuable to add to the conversation, and dont want to act like a child making wild/unfounded claims.

so you think the Baltimore colts move to Indianapolis in a day? Lol, that's hilarious.

March 2, 1983 the league gave the Irsays permission to begin negotiations to move the franchise. A little over a year later, March 29, 1984 the Colts left Baltimore for Indy. There were 7 other cities that needed to be vetted. How many customer orders needed to be filled during their move? Oh yeah, none.

buckstopshere

Master
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Jan 18, 2010
    Greenwood
    You have already been proved wrong on this point. You obviously have no comprehension on what it takes to move. Its takes more than a day to move a house, let alone trying to move a multi million dollar business. please come back when you have something valuable to add to the conversation, and dont want to act like a child making wild/unfounded claims.

That was just a sample. The conversation continued via private message as well. It was more ludicrous in PM than what's been posted in this thread but still equally wrong @ 100%

mbills2223

Eternal Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Indy
    I'd be looking at the old Carbon Motors factory In Connersville. Currently empty, it's on a state road, has rail service, and there is a small airport across the street.

Actually, a company called Wayzata is moving in. However, I think they will only be using a portion of the factory. It's a massive facility, I assume there would be room for Magpul. I've made sure that the Connersville economic development group is aware of Magpul's intentions, so hopefully it's on the table.

Top Bottom