• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    To address the 30 days comment our exact statement was we would start moving magazine production out of colorado in 30 days which we successfully did.

This is wonderful news. Please tell us where.

March 2013: Magpul states, "[w]e will start our transition out of the state almost immediately, and we will prioritize moving magazine manufacturing operations first. We expect the first PMAGs to be made outside CO within 30 days of the signing, with the rest to follow in phases."

April 2013: Boston, Massachusetts (not Boston, Colorado) is bombed. Magpul goes radio silent.

To put things in context, it takes us over 6 months to vet out a vendor to run a single new product run.

If it takes you "over 6 months to vet out a vendor" why were you ready in April but then are not ready in December?

Magpul, 19 April 2013:

“We had some communications regarding our pending move and the process of choosing our new locations to put out this week, but the events in Boston make this a poor time for that, and we will hold off those announcements until later. Our support is with the residents and first responders who are dealing with the tragedy of loss and the fractured lives created by the acts perpetrated by these evil individuals. Stay alert out there … there are many in this world who wish harm on our society. Meet them with strength so as to discourage their ilk from attempting to prey on others.”

Whitsettd8

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Nov 15, 2011
    Floyd Co
    The company where I worked moved less than 1 mile and it took almost a year and 2 expansions. We opened shops in Costa Rica, Panama and Penang and they each take at least 1.5-3 years to become productive on a large scale. Magpul isn't some Mom and Pop shop that can just unplug machines. Also any business is in business for 1 reason and 1 reason only and thats to make profit. So if doing a little homework to look for the best tax codes, skilled work pools, state incentives makes them more money you can bet the farm they are going to look into it. It's not like they are gonna pack up and move to Alabama and be like ah this place sucks lets go to Indiana instead.

RichFitz

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 9, 2013
    Austin, Texas
    If it takes you "over 6 months to vet out a vendor" why were you ready in April but then are not ready in December?

Magpul, 19 April 2013:

“We had some communications regarding our pending move and the process of choosing our new locations to put out this week, but the events in Boston make this a poor time for that, and we will hold off those announcements until later. Our support is with the residents and first responders who are dealing with the tragedy of loss and the fractured lives created by the acts perpetrated by these evil individuals. Stay alert out there … there are many in this world who wish harm on our society. Meet them with strength so as to discourage their ilk from attempting to prey on others.”

We did have some information ready to go regarding a general location but during the due diligence some issues came up that changed the plan. There are a lot of moving parts in an operation such as this. Sometimes the little things turn out to be a bigger issues than expected once viewed the operations are modeled in detail.

ShootnCut

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 29, 2013
    Indiana
    Rich,
    The movers we used managed to destroy our biggest mold machine while moving it on a flatbed. It sat out in the parking lot for several months while the insurance claim was settled. A molding shop has a whole different set of requirements than simply moving a warehouse.

ViperJock

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Feb 28, 2011
    Fort Wayne-ish
    Oh I see so its not really about gun rights its about money, tax breaks and basically finding some poor state to bail you out.. You want to see who will give you more money. Thats pretty pathetic and sad really. Just reaffirms my stance on your products. What is your OTD cost of a P-mag? 30 cents. You sell plastic. 6 months to vet someone to make some plastic.

The Balitmore Colts were in Baltimore for what 30 years and they successfully moved over night. Lets see there is the whole team, Teams equipment (therapy, Training, furniture, pads, cleats,Office equipment, The Owners equipment, Front Office equipment, Marketing, Sales, Design, Customer Service..... All that junk was moved overnight. How many support staff do you suppose an NFL team has? I bet they have more employees.

They had food vendors, clothing and merchandise vendors,

Your move is even easier. How many gun owners are there in the US? Operation Magpul : Help us move. Every gun owner between your location and destination would be foaming at the mouth to help out. How many gun owners do you think might me Owner Operators or Run trucking companies? I bet lots.

Once again we can see your supposed stand was just smoke and mirrors. I bet the profits you make quarterly are more than enough to move your company temporarily to New Mexico. Thats not to far a drive and its gun friendly. Im sure New Mexico would love to have your company there even if it was only for a little while, But nope You stay in anti-gun Colorado and sell plastic parts to LEO's and .Gov agencies that love to infringe on lawful gun ownership, all the while paying what I assume is a trivial amount of tax to the very government who's infringement caused your supposed move.

Magpul Breaks Bad, Continues Sales to LEOs in Ban States | The Truth About Guns

Once again Magpul is just a snake in the grass.

Supposedly you are a veteran like me so I will just Leave this Here:

Loyalty, Duty, Respect, Sefless Service, Honor, Integrity, Personal Courage.

really? He is a businessman now not a soldier. So yes, it is about money. Also, they are apparently still moving so why don't you get an iron out and fix your panties.

RichFitz

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 9, 2013
    Austin, Texas
    really? He is a businessman now not a soldier. So yes, it is about money. Also, they are apparently still moving so why don't you get an iron out and fix your panties.

I still follow the personal moral code I had in the military and the company still follows it as outlined in our foundations document which can be found here… Magpul | Unfair Advantage

We did not ask for Bloomberg to come into our state and force us to uproot. We fought as best we could but now our object is to move our tax base and manufacturing out of Colorado in the most efficient manner possible for the business. It does no good to move in such a way that it damages the company. The greatest success is moving the tax base/jobs and growing the company as a living example of what the state drove away by embracing the NY/Wash DC agenda.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Please come to Indiana if you can.

We have a really nice "commerce park" in my hometown of Crawfordsville, IN that has plenty of room for you. It sits a few hundred yards from the I-74 exit.

I can put you in touch with some people if you are interested.

I still follow the personal moral code I had in the military and the company still follows it as outlined in our foundations document which can be found here… Magpul | Unfair Advantage

We did not ask for Bloomberg to come into our state and force us to uproot. We fought as best we could but now our object is to move our tax base and manufacturing out of Colorado in the most efficient manner possible for the business. It does no good to move in such a way that it damages the company. The greatest success is moving the tax base/jobs and growing the company as a living example of what the state drove away by embracing the NY/Wash DC agenda.

RichFitz

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 9, 2013
    Austin, Texas
    Oh I see so its not really about gun rights its about money, tax breaks and basically finding some poor state to bail you out.. You want to But nope You stay in anti-gun Colorado and sell plastic parts to LEO's and .Gov agencies that love to infringe on lawful gun ownership, all the while paying what I assume is a trivial amount of tax to the very government who's infringement caused your supposed move.

Magpul Breaks Bad, Continues Sales to LEOs in Ban States | The Truth About Guns

Once again Magpul is just a snake in the grass.
    The following is our response to the LE sales question. Regarding LE sales Currently we do not sell directly to LE in Colorado.

REGARDING LEO SALES

Back in 1990, when I was deployed in Desert Shield and Desert Storm as a Marine grunt, some companies prioritized me items for my M16 for shipping that I purchased with my own funds. After getting out and forming Magpul in 1999, I established the same priority policy for Military and Law Enforcement, due to the requirements of their profession.

The same policy has been in place for 13 years now and has never been an issue until a few days ago. I do not support the idea that individual police officers should be punished for the actions of their elected officials. That said, I understand the concerns that some have with Law Enforcement officers getting special treatment while at the same time denouncing second amendment rights to another citizen in the same state.

With the fight in Colorado right now we do not have time to implement a new program, so I have suspended all LE sales to ban states until we can implement a system wherein any Law Enforcement Officer buying for duty use will have to promise to uphold their oath to the US Constitution - specifically the second and fourteenth amendments - as it applies to all citizens.

Richard Fitzpatrick

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    I love Magpul gear. I've become an avid customer not because fan boi's run it to look cool but because it works, and my life has relied on it, and they keep their stuff at affordable price points that guys downrange and those of is that have come home can afford. In order to do that they MUST use every advantage to stay competitive. Sometimes that required working with states and other companies to "get the best deal" or advantage. Dealing with tax abatement and incentives can affect a business YEARS down the road. Not decisions that should be rushed. I don't question magpuls stance on freedom one bit. Yeah I'm disappointed that they haven't moved yet, but if it's because they're looking out for me as a customer In the long run then I fully support them! I was just shopping for more magpul gear yesterday. Each person has to do what their own conscious tells them. I don't feel I've compromised my integrity one bit by sticking by one of my favorite companies. I even called them after they announced they were moving to suggest indiana as a new location.

Last edited:

ShootnCut

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 29, 2013
    Indiana
    ViperJock,
    Exactly............They are a company in business to make money. And provide people with jobs to do the same. And they've done an excellent job. They provide fantastic products for very fair prices. And that's something that's rare these days. I have their stocks, sights, front and rear grips, forearms and magazines and have been impressed with every product I own. So regardless of what they do I'll continue to support them as I respect any company who can put out affordable, good products.

(Trigger Time........You beat me by 5 minutes. :yesway:)

Rookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    Kokomo
    To Rich, do you have a general idea as to when? 1-3 months? 3-6 months? 6-12 months?

To the others, if Magpul does move, will you man up and offer an apology?

SaintsNSinners

Shooter
    Rating - 94.1%
    16   1   0
    Mar 3, 2012
    At Work in Indy
    Well the Plastic mags are their bread and butter and supposedly mag production has already moved... So it shouldnt be hard at all to call Mayflower Moving, Order the Baltimore Colts Special and move to a Abandoned factory here in Indiana. There is a real nice one in Franklin, it used to be Arvin Meritor.

Plenty of abandoned factories and industrial complex's in indiana to be had for cheap. What about the old GM Stamping Plant just SW of Downtown? Last I heard CIP was begging companies to move into it..

If its like this here in Indiana what do you think its like in any of the 10 other gun friendliest states?

Oh yea they arent really moving. Its just a ploy to make more money. Just another snake in the Grass Like Dicks and Cheaper than Dirt.

Magpul = Dicks of the Plastic parts world.

ViperJock

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Feb 28, 2011
    Fort Wayne-ish
    Well the Plastic mags are their bread and butter and supposedly mag production has already moved... So it shouldnt be hard at all to call Mayflower Moving, Order the Baltimore Colts Special and move to a Abandoned factory here in Indiana. There is a real nice one in Franklin, it used to be Arvin Meritor.

Plenty of abandoned factories and industrial complex's in indiana to be had for cheap. What about the old GM Stamping Plant just SW of Downtown? Last I heard CIP was begging companies to move into it..

If its like this here in Indiana what do you think its like in any of the 10 other gun friendliest states?

Oh yea they arent really moving. Its just a ploy to make more money. Just another snake in the Grass Like Dicks and Cheaper than Dirt.

Do you need a snickers?

stephen87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    May 26, 2010
    The Seven Seas

SnS, it's not as easy as you think it is. It isn't "decide you like a building, move, voila." I just got done moving an ambulance station 4 miles down the road. All that we had to move was ambulances, desks, furniture, and equipment. We were supposed to move in May. We wound up finally moving at the beginning of September. The building has to be inspected, verified that it is zoned for whatever operations are going in, lease signed/all paperwork approved, pack up (which will take a month at minimum), and then move. There's so many steps involved that once they decide where to go and get approval, it will still take a month or three to finish up.

RichFitz

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 9, 2013
    Austin, Texas
    I love Magpul gear. I've become an avid customer not because fan boi's run it to look cool but because it works, and my life has relied on it, and they keep their stuff at affordable price points that guys downrange and those of is that have come home can afford. In order to do that they MUST use every advantage to stay competitive. Sometimes that required working with states and other companies to "get the best deal" or advantage. Dealing with tax abatement and incentives can affect a business YEARS down the road. Not decisions that should be rushed. I don't question magpuls stance on freedom one bit. Yeah I'm disappointed that they haven't moved yet, but if it's because they're looking out for me as a customer In the long run then I fully support them! I was just shopping for more magpul gear yesterday. Each person has to do what their own conscious tells them. I don't feel I've compromised my integrity one bit by sticking by one of my favorite companies. I even called them after they announced they were moving to suggest indiana as a new location.

Thanks for the kind words.

RichFitz

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 9, 2013
    Austin, Texas
    To Rich, do you have a general idea as to when? 1-3 months? 3-6 months? 6-12 months?

To the others, if Magpul does move, will you man up and offer an apology?

We have been trying to have something finalized before the end of the year but as with anything of this size and complexity things may arise that will delay the decision.

RichFitz

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 9, 2013
    Austin, Texas

Not too sure how to address this without specifics.

We innovate. We are good employers (the first seven employees at Magpul are still wit the company) We build in the USA. We promote the founding fathers view of liberty and individual responsibility. We price our products to give value to the consumer. We do't price gouge. In over 13 years of being in business the original Magpuls are still the same price -$9.95 a 3 pack and during both election run ups we never raised our prices.

Not too sure what exactly in our behavior makes us "Dicks".

Top Bottom