Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    NYC vs Germany.....
    Is there really a difference? :dunno:

Yeah, gun laws in Germany are less restrictive.

That said, what Trump did will be easier to overturn than what would have happened otherwise.

I highly doubt the bumpstock ban will stick around after a decent legal challenge.

cbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    129   0   0
    Feb 17, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    Firearms Policy Foundation update with instructions on how their members (protected from enforcement of the Final Rule by a stay which expires Wednesday April 10 at 5 PM EST) may surrender their bump stock(s) to their local ATF Field Office “under protest” (while supposedly maintaining their property rights until legal challenges are settled):

https://www.firearmsfoundation.org/bump-stock-ban-atf-compliance

Last edited:

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    OH MY GOODNES he has 277 rounds of 9mm!!! That is a huge amount! :faint:

Huh? 277 rounds is about what I might have left over after a good range trip. A good range trip is where you decide it's about time to leave, before you run out of ammo. Sucks going home earlier than you want because you didn't bring enough.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    That's one stiff penalty for a hunk of plastic... a hunk of plastic that was invented in response to gun laws already on the books.

Assuming he'll be convicted, hopefully it gets appealed to SCOTUS. But I kinda doubt either the left or right side of the bench would rule the right way. I'm guessing 7-2 upholding a conviction and the ban.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Assuming he'll be convicted, hopefully it gets appealed to SCOTUS. But I kinda doubt either the left or right side of the bench would rule the right way. I'm guessing 7-2 upholding a conviction and the ban.

Yes, it's always a crap shoot when a case goes to the court. They often seem more intent on whether or not to put a stamp of ultimate approval on a law than whether it's actually constitutional.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Yes, it's always a crap shoot when a case goes to the court. They often seem more intent on whether or not to put a stamp of ultimate approval on a law than whether it's actually constitutional.

I think for the left side of the bench, it's the outcome they want. That's how they think about cases. I think Roberts, and Kavanaugh would most likely side with the lefties on this, maybe for different reasons though. Out of Gorsuch, Alito, and Thomas, I think at least two of them would dissent.

Top Bottom