• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    Many semi-autos won't feed and function without magazines, hence they fall under "arms."

A semi-auto will function without a bumpstock. A machine gun magazine isn’t a machine gun.

My only point was that magazines aren't "accessories" they are integral to the ability of most semi autos to function. The judge in the CA mag limit case ruled they fall under the umbrella of "arms", similar to ammo.

The comment was in no way a reference to bump stocks, which I agree aren't machine guns, nor should MG mags be considered machine guns.

Floivanus

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 6, 2016
    La crosse
    As dumb as I think bumpstocks are, how exactly is a bumpstock a firearm? It is an accessory. Magazines are accessories. Pistol grips are accessories.
    If magazines are accessories and so are pistol grips, then every single last regulation and rule banning scary black rifles are perfectly constitutional and we have nothing to complain about; same thing with high powered “sniper scopes”(yes that’s a thing that’s getting targeted) thermals, red dots etc.

and bumpstocks ABSOLUTELY are firearms; haven’t you read the rulings? Which is funny considering the anti-gunners have hemmed and hawed about how they’re not firearms and have no 2A protection, but the ban comes down and classified them as firearms.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    My only point was that magazines aren't "accessories" they are integral to the ability of most semi autos to function. The judge in the CA mag limit case ruled they fall under the umbrella of "arms", similar to ammo.

The comment was in no way a reference to bump stocks, which I agree aren't machine guns, nor should MG mags be considered machine guns.

Okay. That makes sense.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I just came for the Trump Bashing.

INGO does not disappoint...... or do they... :rolleyes:

C'mon dude. You don't think Trump has earned a bit of your ire for doing this? You know, you can say "Yay, I love that Trump did xyz!" while also saying, "Boo, I hate that Trump did abc!"

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    C'mon dude. You don't think Trump has earned a bit of your ire for doing this? You know, you can say "Yay, I love that Trump did xyz!" while also saying, "Boo, I hate that Trump did abc!"

I'm a gun guy. When I vote, it's all about voting for my guns rights. Trump was the best person for my guns in 2016.
    This bumpstock thing sucks, regardless, I will also vote for Trump in 2020...... do you know of a better person running to protect my guns? :dunno:

Is Sarah Palin running? Then Trump it is.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    If you’re going by the “common use” doctrine, the ATFs guess of 520,000 bumpstocks being in the wild should pass muster on that one (however; every gun site I have been on has numerous examples of people’s homebuilt versions on it, and most of the sites had 3d printed ones being cranked out like crazy after vegas, so that number is very low IMHO)

We ALL know the downfalls of automatic fire, however stating that bumpfire stocks are “just accessories” and not covered by 2A is exactly where an anti-gunner would want us to go, admit it has no protection if it is an accessory, the ATF didn’t think so and classified it as a firearm, we just had a CA judge classify magazines as ARMS themselves, quit playing their game. 2A applies to any blade, bludgeon, spike, projectile, self defense item, etc.
    Bingo!! People need to stop being conditioned little *****es. The 2nd amendment applies to ANYTHING you use to defend yourself.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I'm a gun guy. When I vote, it's all about voting for my guns rights. Trump was the best person for my guns in 2016.
    This bumpstock thing sucks, regardless, I will also vote for Trump in 2020...... do you know of a better person running to protect my guns? :dunno:

Is Sarah Palin running? Then Trump it is.

I'll probably have to vote for Trump in 2020 too. Doesn't mean I can't point out where he's ****ed up.

And Sarah Palin is the AOC of the right. It's not that she's stupid. It's that she doesn't know a whole lot about anything, except figuring out what language to use to get a following on her side. I'd rather have a president that knows a lot about a lot, but short of that, if the two choices were Palin vs AOC for potus, I'd have to go for the right wingnut over the left wingnut.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I'll probably have to vote for Trump in 2020 too. Doesn't mean I can't point out where he's ****ed up.

And Sarah Palin is the AOC of the right. It's not that she's stupid. It's that she doesn't know a whole lot about anything, except figuring out what language to use to get a following on her side. I'd rather have a president that knows a lot about a lot, but short of that, if the two choices were Palin vs AOC for potus, I'd have to go for the right wingnut over the left wingnut.

Palin did "misgender" Manning on Twitter this morning, so that gives her a few points. She knows how to poke the outrage bear.

Shapiro did on Rogan yesterday, as well.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Palin did "misgender" Manning on Twitter this morning, so that gives her a few points. She knows how to poke the outrage bear.

Shapiro did on Rogan yesterday, as well.
    Yeah. With Palin is it side-signaling or is it a deeply thought out position? At least with Shapiro he gives a reasoning which makes it obvious that he holds a position after considerable depth of thought. With Palin it’s hard to say whether she’s reasoned something out or she holds the position because people on the right are supposed to hold that position.

Why is one of the hardest questions to answer because if you haven’t thought that out, you have to give an answer that sounds a lot like a high school student gives when he hasn’t done his homework.

Much like AOC, asking Palin “why” is a pretty sure way to get her to say something stupid, because she hasn’t thought out much deeper beyond “what”.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011

Like saying his father was born in Germany? I can't even imagine why he thought he needed to lie about that.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Like saying his father was born in Germany? I can't even imagine why he thought he needed to lie about that.

I really don't care about that. If he has some pathology for lying about his status, I really don't care a whole lot about that. What I care about is his fidelity to the law, which he doesn't have a great track record on. And I could say neither do so many other presidents, but few have been as audacious.

cbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    129   0   0
    Feb 17, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN

This is simply a second application for stay of enforcement in Guedes v. BATFE. Chief Justice Roberts denied the first one; not sure what may be different this time around. The idea is to order BATE to leave everyone alone until the lower courts hear the case. Now that all the bump stocks have been turned in or destroyed​, a stay seems moot (and therefore more difficult) at this point.

Last edited:

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    I really don't care about that. If he has some pathology for lying about his status, I really don't care a whole lot about that. What I care about is his fidelity to the law, which he doesn't have a great track record on. And I could say neither do so many other presidents, but few have been as audacious.

Some people you understand why they lie. It's the ones that lie for no reason that's baffling.... at least to me.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    Some people you understand why they lie. It's the ones that lie for no reason that's baffling.... at least to me.
    "Mental illness"

Just as unfathomable as Dissociative identity disorder, or being a sociopath or psychopath. Some people's brains just don't function like others

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    RedMurph
    Top Bottom