• ...and so much more!
  • Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    That last bit is absolutely positively false.

People should be free to make as much bank as they can, with their own resources (or what they can leverage from willing creditors).

What I am saying is that we should elect leaders who are willing to put the country's needs ahead of their own. Trump is not cut from that cloth.
    I agree leaders should put the needs of the country ahead of their own. Actually i believe Trump mostly has. More so than most other ones.
    Find me a modern politician that does this. They are few. And most are not appealing at all. Just because they have the best intentions and pure heart doesn't make them a leader. In the military I saw truly good men be terrible at being leaders. There were some who were

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy

People should be free to make as much bank as they can, with their own resources (or what they can leverage from willing creditors).

What I am saying is that we should elect leaders who are willing to put the country's needs ahead of their own. Trump is not cut from that cloth.

What if the country's needs align with "their own"? Economic prosperity benefits the country and it benefits Trump too. I don't see the problem.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH

Sigh. Why do I get the impression that if Trump put all of his liquid assets in an S&P 500 tracking mutual fund you still wouldn't be happy - because, after all, the economy he was ramping up would still benefit him too!

"Doing well by doing good" compares favorably with the alternative. And once again you speak with faux certainty about things you can never know. Your truth is not ours, nor is it the truth

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Just posting because I thought "Tread harder, Daddy!" is a hilarious line. Found on /r/libertarian

lrn2ed2vx1p21.jpg

cbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    129   0   0
    Feb 17, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    I'd rather be mocked by every Trump fan on INGO than have to come back in here someday and say "I told you so...".

I CANNOT trust him after this. Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me. My trust has been betrayed and I'm ULTRA-PISSED and will be for a long time.

dudley0

Nobody Important
    Rating - 100%
    99   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Grant County
    I thought it would be good to get a non-politician in. I know that just about every good politician becomes brain washed and follows the party, or the special interests or whatever. I really thought it would take him longer to be swayed.

It saddens me

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    What if the country's needs align with "their own"? Economic prosperity benefits the country and it benefits Trump too. I don't see the problem.
    What if it ain’t really your own. What if you just think it’s your own because you’re hearing what you wanted to hear?

Here is the situation. Trump ordered the justice department essentially to assert regulatory power the executive branch really doesn’t have. The leftists on the courts won’t fo a ***damn thing to stop it because they agree with the action. SCOTUS chief ******* Roberts doesn’t seem any more interested in opposing Trump on this than his loyal devotees.

Speaking of which. You guys may love the audacity of Trump. And I have to admit, it’s kinda entertaining watching the left getting ****ed when Trump does things outside of protocol. But the problem with a POTUS with audacity is that he can wield it to **** you just as hard as he ****s the lefties. And you won’t care. Because that’s winning too.

But I hope you’re hoping Trump loses this one.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I thought it would be good to get a non-politician in. I know that just about every good politician becomes brain washed and follows the party, or the special interests or whatever. I really thought it would take him longer to be swayed.

It saddens me
    Trump didn’t do this because he was brainwashed. He did it because he doesn’t think people should own these devices. And he has the audacity to just make it illegal and take his chances in court. And so far, because a lot of these judges agree that people shouldn’t get to own these devices, they’re going along with it no matter what precedent it sets.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    What if it ain’t really your own. What if you just think it’s your own because you’re hearing what you wanted to hear?

Here is the situation. Trump ordered the justice department essentially to assert regulatory power the executive branch really doesn’t have. The leftists on the courts won’t fo a ***damn thing to stop it because they agree with the action. SCOTUS chief ******* Roberts doesn’t seem any more interested in opposing Trump on this than his loyal devotees.

Speaking of which. You guys may love the audacity of Trump. And I have to admit, it’s kinda entertaining watching the left getting ****ed when Trump does things outside of protocol. But the problem with a POTUS with audacity is that he can wield it to **** you just as hard as he ****s the lefties. And you won’t care. Because that’s winning too.

But I hope you’re hoping Trump loses this one.
    Make no mistake, I was NOT happy with the bumpstock ban. The conversation kinda wandered off course between T. Lex and me into economic issues. I also came very close to not renewing my NRA membership over their stance on it, but I held my nose and did it anyway because they're still the gorilla in the room compared to GOA. Not that I wish her any ill will, but RBG needs to go away and we need another conservative justice to be appointed while Trump is still in office (which I hope is through 2024).

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Trump didn’t do this because he was brainwashed. He did it because he doesn’t think people should own these devices. And he has the audacity to just make it illegal and take his chances in court. And so far, because a lot of these judges agree that people shouldn’t get to own these devices, they’re going along with it no matter what precedent it sets.

I'm sure we would have been so much better off if congress had been encouraged to get involved in this

All Information (Except Text) for H.R.3999 - To amend title 18, United States Code, to prohibit the manufacture, possession, or transfer of any part or combination of parts that is designed and functions to increase the rate of fire of a semiautomatic rifle but does not convert the semiautomatic rifle into a machinegun, and for other purposes.
    115th Congress (2017-2018)

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan

It saddens me

We thought the same thing with Marine Ballard in Indianapolis. We could not have been more wrong. He ended up being worse than Peterson...

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I'm sure we would have been so much better off if congress had been encouraged to get involved in this

All Information (Except Text) for H.R.3999 - To amend title 18, United States Code, to prohibit the manufacture, possession, or transfer of any part or combination of parts that is designed and functions to increase the rate of fire of a semiautomatic rifle but does not convert the semiautomatic rifle into a machinegun, and for other purposes.
    115th Congress (2017-2018)
    Welp. That’s one way to justify it.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Welp, you complain that liberal justices in the courts won't do anything to stop this because they agree with the policy. Maybe the solution to that is to get more conservative, constitutionalist justices on the bench at all levels?

Gee, I wonder who we could get to do that?

Keep him in office for the full 8 and you'll likely not only get enough judges to stop the bad orange man, but sufficient to stop all the potential future Democratic excesses inspired by Trump that are keeping you up at night

Sit on your hands in 2020 and see how President Harris or President Biden works out for you. People who truly want to commit suicide can't be stopped

Romney/McMullin 2020

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    I guess I'm just going to have to list myself in the 'traitor' column on this one, jamil. I'm not thrilled by the way it was done, but I can make peace with that. The reason I can is that despite soul-searching, I just can't bring myself to give a dry **** about the stupid things being made illegal. I just cannot wrap my head around the desire for poorly aimed rapid fire. If it has to do with being more effective against a SWAT team or a scout squad or a human wave charge against your position coming to take your guns, you've got bigger problems than proper procedure. You'd be better off modifying for full auto. As a range toy, this isn't my hill. Sometimes it seems people are most angry about not getting a reach around

I've been trying but failing to stay respectful because I'm just tired of the constant 'Here comes Trump to kill us all' school of INGO posting. Every time I pay any attention to that, when I go outside there are no pieces of the sky littered about; maybe they melt quickly or something

I still see you sometimes wishing to put the worst interpretation on actions by Trump, and haranguing those who won't buy into it about how they lack a balanced or nuanced understanding of what is really going on. You never consider the possibility that always crediting your own viewpoint as the correctly balanced or nuanced interpretation might be what people are not buying into

I can make the argument that the EO was the least bad course from Trump's viewpoint. I've already posted the example of the proposed House bill that was short-circuited, and which would have affected a much wider range of accessories even before the inevitable floor amendments and [STRIKE]bend over[/STRIKE] bi-partisan deals. I can make the case that NFA already covers things that are peripheral to a weapon's rate or method of fire, as SBS and SBR are predicated on concealability not firing mechanism. So, in effect, .gov is already enjoining certain external characteristics. Concealability and suppressors can arguably fall under pre-crime interdiction, because it was the potential for illegal use that was the impetus for control; after Las Vegas the case was made that bump stocks fall into the same class

You often accuse Trump of doing what Trump wants to do as the sole reason for actions; never allowing that he might know what he is doing, or what he intends to do, even if the actions don't lead directly to his goal. The reason my patience for this wears thin is your idea of compromise looks suspiciously like the gun control method, I have to move toward your 'common sense' position - you never feel compelled to move towards mine (that Trump should be given more credit for knowing where he wants to go and how to get there) because you've already concluded there is no common sense there. You sneer at 4D chess, but cannot encompass 3D or even 2.2D chess - it's your way or the highway

So let's bring up a few of the favorite canards. Is Trump doing this to play to and placate his base? Extrapolating the reaction on INGO to the wider world of Trump's base, I think not. Is he doing this to feed his narcissistic need for adulation? Same answer, I don't think he's getting accolades and praise for this. I don't think anything he does will win him praise from the #Resistance; so that's out, too. Is he doing this to increase the money he can make from his real estate holdings or stocks that he hasn't put in a blind trust? I'm not aware of any corporation profiting from the confiscation and destruction of these, nor do I think that guests will be more likely to stay at a Trump hotel or golf at a Trump golf course because of it, so that's a wash. Is he throwing a bone to Democrats? Nope, Pelosi has already said it doesn't go far enough and an EO could be reversed by another president (although I can't imagine who that would be, Romney hasn't got the stones and no democrat would go there). Is it something the Russians secretly want? Maybe, but it's a stretch that any professional military force would consider a bump stock an effective force multiplier

I still think your best bet is to grit your teeth and hold out for as many conservative, constitutionalist judges as you can get to limit Trump and future Democrat presidents. I think as long as Trump looks for ways to do an end run around roadblocks to his agenda with legitimate powers he feels he has, but lets himself be bound by the rulings of the courts when directly enjoined (as he has in every case so far) you're still on firm ground. I think if you encourage a split in the Republican vote, you are electing a Democrat as surely as Perot running did unequivocably in '92 and possibly again in '96. In hindsight, based on the results; did you find Perot's runs selfless or selfish? I think you could do much worse than by supporting Trump, and I thought it was agreed that presidential elections amount to looking for the sandwich that contains the least **** because the two-party deli only has one type of sandwich on offer. The difference between you and I is not engagement or information level, it's that i'm still happier with my choice than you are with yours. I always was

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish

I hate vbulletin. Because VB says **** like, **** you jamil. your token has expired. So all that **** you just wrote which was TL;DR anyway, you're just gonna lose it. Because **** you.

Deep breath. Breath in.....Out.....Ooooohm. Calming thoughts. Sigh.

Bug, I'll get back to this later if I still have a keyboard. I kinda want to rip the keys off from it right now.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville

I hate vbulletin. Because VB says **** like, **** you jamil. your token has expired. So all that **** you just wrote which was TL;DR anyway, you're just gonna lose it. Because **** you.

Bug, I'll get back to this later if I still have a keyboard. I kinda want to rip the keys off from it right now.

When making a big post, I keep another window open and I occasionally look for updated threads.
    Also... copy the text... just in case.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH

View attachment 76038 :stickpoke:

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area

Uh.....there is a window that should open and allows you to sign back in and not loose the post. At least on my lap top. Not sure about a mobile device.

Hop

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    Indy
    I've said this before about the accuracy of these devices. I can put a few tracers into the mag and pull ~20 of 30 rounds into a car door at 200 yards. If you don't think this is an effective deterrent to a mob of brain eating zombies coming for you in a SHTF scenario I can't educate you further.

A little tidbit from a Kosovo story I read. Armed thugs held the bottom of an exit ramp and were roughing up & stealing everything from everyone tryng to pass. The person in the story had valuables he didn't want to relinquish & young kids to protect. He stopped at the top of the exit ramp. Thugs lobbed rounds at him (200-300 M) so he returned fire with a fully automatic weapon nailing more than a couple. The thugs scattered like cockroaches. He was able to get himself and family past their roadblock and on to safety. If you think something like this won't go down in a SHTF scenario here I can't educate you further. A bumpstock might be the only device you have to perform this type of task.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    RedMurph
    Top Bottom