• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Thats just for the emergency stays. Now the lawsuit commences in the lower courts, no doubt making it to the supreme court eventually. Never give up

I agree with the "never give up" mentality on this. But at the same time, the lack of a broad stay/injunction in this does not bode well. Sure, there's a ton of litigation that needs to happen, but this first part really could not have gone worse for bumpstock owners, and gun enthusiasts generally.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    I agree with the "never give up" mentality on this. But at the same time, the lack of a broad stay/injunction in this does not bode well. Sure, there's a ton of litigation that needs to happen, but this first part really could not have gone worse for bumpstock owners, and gun enthusiasts generally.
    Well we are talking about guns here. If we were talking about chicks with dicks using a womens bathroom a stay would have been issued immediately

cbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    129   0   0
    Feb 17, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    This fierce resistance against regulating silly plastic range toys is only a fragment of what would happen if and when our government decides to go after real guns, not contrived machineguns.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Interestingly, in trying to figure out what cases SCOTUS denied a stay in, I saw this description of another agency-deference case.

https://www.scotusblog.com/2019/03/...ded-on-agency-deference-doctrine/#more-284237

It is more disappointing that the court did not entertain a stay, at least pending resolution of that case, since it appears to be at least tangentially related.

I believe the GOA request for a stays is "new" in the Supreme Court and has not been heard yet. I'm not really sure which of the other 2 cases were denied, but it kinda doesn't matter.

zippy23

Master
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    May 20, 2012
    Noblesville
    non-elected govt agency bans legally owned property protected by constitution. Court wont issue a stay until litigation goes through. everyone should be against this. if this case loses, they'll ban triggers, stocks, whatever they want. and the left is out for blood against the people who elected trump.

Beowulf

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Mar 21, 2012
    Brownsburg
    non-elected govt agency bans legally owned property protected by constitution. Court wont issue a stay until litigation goes through. everyone should be against this. if this case loses, they'll ban triggers, stocks, whatever they want. and the left is out for blood against the people who elected trump.

The left? This nonsense is 100% coming FROM TRUMP. The ATF under Obama approved the bump stocks. We don't just have to worry about the left and the Democrats, we have to worry about the Republicans. It seems like they can all agree on screwing over our civil liberties. Hooray for bipartisanship. :xmad:

indygunguy

Expert
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    110   0   0
    Dec 12, 2010
    NE Side of Indy
    The left? This nonsense is 100% coming FROM TRUMP. The ATF under Obama approved the bump stocks. We don't just have to worry about the left and the Democrats, we have to worry about the Republicans. It seems like they can all agree on screwing over our civil liberties. Hooray for bipartisanship. :xmad:

Indeed. :xmad:

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    This fierce resistance against regulating silly plastic range toys is only a fragment of what would happen if and when our government decides to go after real guns, not contrived machineguns.
    What fierce resistance? The ban is rather popular, even with gun owners.

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    non-elected govt agency bans legally owned property protected by constitution.
    I don't support the ban, I think it's silly but I just don't see how these trinkets are protected by the Constitution. I have a very pragmatic outlook on the world and I just don't see the legal precedents that support this argument.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Wait.

Trump is a Republican now?

Not a country club, cocktail party circuit, muh principles kind - those are RealRepublicans©. The last one to slither out forgot to lock the door, so the MAGAs took over

"Put it on the camp. It's their camp now"

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    I don't support the ban, I think it's silly but I just don't see how these trinkets are protected by the Constitution. I have a very pragmatic outlook on the world and I just don't see the legal precedents that support this argument.

I'm kind of in an overlapping version of this position. On principle, I don't think the government has or should have the right to tell you what accessories you can place on your firearm, with the exception of after market items that would truly move it into an NFA classification (such as SBR or full auto conversion)

But I'm with you on the silly trinket thing, and I'm pissed that I'm placed in the position of defending something so stupid and I just can't understand how we got here. What underpins the desire for unaimed, inaccurate rapid fire?

God knows, if we're willing to allow people to buy Kimbers, we can't complain about the tendency to jam - but why, short of a Pickett's Charge scenario, do people think this is in any way useful. Even if you're making a stand against the government coming to confiscate your weapons, I just don't see them charging you en masse and eschewing the use of cover. I really don't even understand the utility of two-stage triggers, but at least that would be aimed fire

Top Bottom