• ...and so much more!
  • BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    I'm kind of in an overlapping version of this position. On principle, I don't think the government has or should have the right to tell you what accessories you can place on your firearm, with the exception of after market items that would truly move it into an NFA classification (such as SBR or full auto conversion)

Why "nfa" items?

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    come 1, come all.
    by order of the king
    a 1000 pieces of gold for information leading to the confiscation of these evil things.
    does your neighbor own one?
    come forth and tell the king and collect your gold.

IronsKeeper

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Aug 5, 2018
    Not today, ISIS
    come 1, come all.
    by order of the king
    a 1000 pieces of gold for information leading to the confiscation of these evil things.
    does your neighbor own one?
    come forth and tell the king and collect your gold.
    Nah.

30 pieces of silver has been plenty damaging enough in the past.

Sent from my LM-G710 using Tapatalk

cbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    129   0   0
    Feb 17, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    Hell, it wouldn’t cost that much. All they would have to do is offer people fair market value (new list price) and people would most likely turn them in. The government wastes so much of taxpayer money “trying to keep us safe” this would be a drop in the bucket.

The whole thing reeks of injustice and almost looks like it was written to be struck down in litigation.

IronsKeeper

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Aug 5, 2018
    Not today, ISIS
    Hell, it wouldn’t cost that much. All they would have to do is offer people fair market value (new list price) and people would most likely turn them in. The government wastes so much of taxpayer money “trying to keep us safe” this would be a drop in the bucket.

The whole thing reeks of injustice and almost looks like it was written to be struck down in litigation.
    I hope that happens.

Trump ain't our friend, though- and if it is struck down then the screeching of 4D chess will intensify.

Sent from my LM-G710 using Tapatalk

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    Examples? If a bump stock is banned, what next? A pistol grip? 223 ammo? A scope? The color black? The list goes on.
    A pistol grip, flash hider, and bayo lug USED to be illegal and could very well be again in the future. Where were the successful legal challenges then?

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Hey, a conservative USSC and President...nothing to worry about here people.

Well, the POTUS is relatable to some of the lowest common denominator types, but he LITERALLY owns country clubs and markets them as POTUS.

He has no care about regular people at all - the kind of people that like bumpstocks because they can't afford NFA stuff.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Well, the POTUS is relatable to some of the lowest common denominator types, but he LITERALLY owns country clubs and markets them as POTUS.

He has no care about regular people at all - the kind of people that like bumpstocks because they can't afford NFA stuff.

He "markets them as POTUS"? I guess I've missed those commercials. I sure haven't heard him plugging his resorts in any of his speeches (or tweets). Got an example? Maybe I've just missed them.

And no care about regular people? So bringing jobs back, encouraging business growth, lowering taxes, growing the economy... that doesn't help "regular people"? C'mon man...

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    He "markets them as POTUS"? I guess I've missed those commercials. I sure haven't heard him plugging his resorts in any of his speeches (or tweets). Got an example? Maybe I've just missed them.

"The President vacationed again at his resort, Mar-a-lago, which he refers to as his Southern White House."

That kind of media coverage is worth millions in the ad market.

And no care about regular people? So bringing jobs back, encouraging business growth, lowering taxes, growing the economy... that doesn't help "regular people"? C'mon man...

That may happen, but that's not what he cares about.

Those things help him. His investments. His businesses. His family. His friends.

C'mon man, you really think he cares about the businesses that make and sell bumpstocks? There does not appear to be any financial help for that industry that he effectively shut down.

MarkC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 6, 2016
    Mooresville
    C'mon man, you really think he cares about the businesses that make and sell bumpstocks? There does not appear to be any financial help for that industry that he effectively shut down.

Too true; this is a small, niche area of the market for firearms parts and accessories. AND, it is politically disfavored, right this moment. He has no incentive to do anything to help them and the handful of employees dislocated by the closures.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    "The President vacationed again at his resort, Mar-a-lago, which he refers to as his Southern White House."

That kind of media coverage is worth millions in the ad market.

That may happen, but that's not what he cares about.

Those things help him. His investments. His businesses. His family. His friends.

First, the media is the one "marketing" Mar-a-Lago if you want to call it that. I suppose they also "marketed" Camp David, or Kennebunkport, or Hyannis Port?

I get that you don't like the bumpstock ban, and a lot of people don't, not so much for what it is, but for what it represents. But to imply that banning bumpstocks is going to be a huge blow to "the common man" because it puts their manufacturers (some of whom probably manufacture other items) out of business is a stretch. And it's not just Trump's businesses that are helped by a growing economy. To imply otherwise is disingenuous. I'd wager that when the next employment stats come out, the bumpstock sector barely makes a blip, if at all.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    First, the media is the one "marketing" Mar-a-Lago if you want to call it that. I suppose they also "marketed" Camp David, or Kennebunkport, or Hyannis Port?

Last I checked, I can't book a room at Camp David, the Bush family vacation home at Kennebunkport, or whatever is in Hyannis Port (I know I'll recognize it, I just can't think of it at the moment.) Mar-a-lago is a business, owned and operated by the POTUS.

Trump going there is marketing it because he knows it'll get reported. He could go to Camp David, but where's the money in that?

I get that you don't like the bumpstock ban, and a lot of people don't, not so much for what it is, but for what it represents. But to imply that banning bumpstocks is going to be a huge blow to "the common man" because it puts their manufacturers (some of whom probably manufacture other items) out of business is a stretch. And it's not just Trump's businesses that are helped by a growing economy. To imply otherwise is disingenuous. I'd wager that when the next employment stats come out, the bumpstock sector barely makes a blip, if at all.

I'm not implying that banning bumpstocks is a blow to the common man (or Robert Kraft). I'm saying that it is evidence that Trump doesn't give 2 flips about people that he doesn't make money from.

I'm not implying a good economy only helps Trump businesses. I'm saying that Trump only cares about a good economy that helps his businesses. If it helps others, that's great, because it helps his poll numbers, which helps him raise money.

Other presidents were rich, but they took steps to separate their personal wealth from their policy decisions. If there is evidence of Trump making that same separation, please direct me to it.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Last I checked, I can't book a room at Camp David, the Bush family vacation home at Kennebunkport, or whatever is in Hyannis Port (I know I'll recognize it, I just can't think of it at the moment.) Mar-a-lago is a business, owned and operated by the POTUS.

Trump going there is marketing it because he knows it'll get reported. He could go to Camp David, but where's the money in that?

I'm not implying that banning bumpstocks is a blow to the common man (or Robert Kraft). I'm saying that it is evidence that Trump doesn't give 2 flips about people that he doesn't make money from.

I'm not implying a good economy only helps Trump businesses. I'm saying that Trump only cares about a good economy that helps his businesses. If it helps others, that's great, because it helps his poll numbers, which helps him raise money.

Other presidents were rich, but they took steps to separate their personal wealth from their policy decisions. If there is evidence of Trump making that same separation, please direct me to it.

Trump is and was a businessman. Businesses are the primary economic drivers of a country. Would you expect him to make policies that would hurt businesses? That would make no sense. I have no problem with his businesses prospering along with other businesses to which he has no connections. Is it better to use the position to funnel money directly to your own foundation, a la the Clintons? What segment of the economy did that benefit (besides the Clintons and Uranium One)?

T, you're edging close to sounding like the people that say "There shouldn't be any billionaires! Nobody needs that much money!"

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city

Well if you were in the military or government you could have the opportunity to stay there or as a personal guest of the President.

Other presidents have had other "white houses". The PRESIDENT is the important piece of the puzzle. The white house is a symbol and there are certain times i believe it is very powerful that a president work from it. Example, bush on 9/11. It sent a message. State dinners or certain announcements to the nation. However all of that can be done anywhere. The President is the one with the power and even in a outhouse has the same power.
    I seriously get tired of this crybaby **** about the president working from florida or golfing. Honestly i joked about obama always being in hawaii too even if it was less trips it was still far away. So what. He was still fully capable of being the crappy president he was.

People like you are so hung up on Trump that you will create whatever narrative you want to see to make your case. I guess thats normal for you.

Im ****ing thrilled we have a businessman in the white house that knows what hes doing to make America Rich again. If he profits off of it too because the economy is doing well then great. That is NOT illegal or unconstitutional.
    Congress stuffs their pockets under the table all the time and gets rich. Blatent ethics and legal violations. Wheres the same outrage?
    Wheres the special council to investigate congress?

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Trump is and was a businessman. Businesses are the primary economic drivers of a country. Would you expect him to make policies that would hurt businesses? That would make no sense. I have no problem with his businesses prospering along with other businesses to which he has no connections. Is it better to use the position to funnel money directly to your own foundation, a la the Clintons? What segment of the economy did that benefit (besides the Clintons and Uranium One)?

T, you're edging close to sounding like the people that say "There shouldn't be any billionaires! Nobody needs that much money!"

That last bit is absolutely positively false.

People should be free to make as much bank as they can, with their own resources (or what they can leverage from willing creditors).

What I am saying is that we should elect leaders who are willing to put the country's needs ahead of their own. Trump is not cut from that cloth.

cbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    129   0   0
    Feb 17, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    Economics aside, my problem with the bump stock ban (if it stands) is how it opens a Pandora’s box of new legislation by fiat or regulation by bureaucrats via NFA.

We’ve all seen how the evil doings of one madman can be used to deny the rights of millions and now that our overlords see how easily they can now do via regulation what used to be difficult constitutionally (as it should be) you can bet they’ll be aiming higher when the Democrats inevitably take control of the White House again.

It may not even take that long. Anyone who trusts Trump to stand firm if one of our cities becomes the next Christchurch or Las Vegas (sadly this will happen, it’s just a matter of time) needs to look where he came from and what his views were at the time. He’s saying what he needed to say to get elected and reelected but what about once he starts his second term? All bets are then off.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    RedMurph
    Top Bottom