• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JeepHammer

SHOOTER
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 2, 2018
    SW Indiana
    President Trump's executive order banning bump stocks starts today, you have a 90 day amnesty to destroy or surrender your bump stock to BATFE.
    That amnesty only covers the bump stock OFF the rifle, installed the bump stock is classified as a 'Machine Gun' from today forward.

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    I used to think I was a fairly intelligent person, and then AT and unconstitutional F comes along and makes me wonder. I used to think that the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed meant just that, but ATF tells me that the second amendment is modified by adding - except that rifle barrels be longer than 16 inches, shot gun barrels longer than 18 inches, and overall length over 26 inches, that one may not own certain butt-stocks and no firearm purchased after a certain date in the mid 1980s can fire more than one round per trigger pull unless it was taxed and approved before that date, et al.

That said, you just about need to be a lawyer to understand all the different rulings about butt-stocks!

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    An update from GOA about where everything stands as of mid afternoon on Tuesday 3/26.

[video=youtube_share;cT_vnn1Yz-0]http://youtu.be/cT_vnn1Yz-0[/video]

Dean C.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    Westfield
    zWtMZW6.jpg

I am very interested to see how the GOA / Military Arms Channel lawsuit works out.

cbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    129   0   0
    Feb 17, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    President Trump's executive order banning bump stocks starts today, you have a 90 day amnesty to destroy or surrender your bump stock to BATFE.
    That amnesty only covers the bump stock OFF the rifle, installed the bump stock is classified as a 'Machine Gun' from today forward.

Link??? First time I’ve heard this.

cbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    129   0   0
    Feb 17, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    I think the 90 days was from the date the rule was adopted in December.

That’s what I thought too but when jeephammer mentioned the on- versus off-rifle thing made me wonder. If Chief Justice Roberts added this new amnesty period wouldn’t it be all over the news?

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    If you watch the video from GOA I posted above, they clearly state in the discussion that as of 3/26, anyone in possession of a bump stock can be charged with a felony as if they are in possession of an unregistered and unlicensed machine gun.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    That’s what I thought too but when jeephammer mentioned the on- versus off-rifle thing made me wonder. If Chief Justice Roberts added this new amnesty period wouldn’t it be all over the news?

The justices can't create an amnesty period - there's either a stay or there's not. (Although, they can make the stay last a certain period of time, technically, that really doesn't make sense in this case.)

RW Arms in Fort Worth, TX had to shred 60,000 bump stocks under ATF supervision:

https://www.rwarms.com/industry/leading-retailer-of-bump-stocks-to-turn-in-entire-inventory-to-atf/

Ouch.

They need better lawyers.

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    Yes. Trump (A) is an ass. Hillary (B) is a *****. So you have two evils from which to choose. Maybe in some contexts B is better than A. But those are contexts which I fail to imagine. I feel like I’m stuck with A, even though he’s an ass. Give me a better choice and I’d gladly take it. B isn’t. Judging from the clown car full of Democrats currently entered in the race, none of B’s team, as ass as A is, is any better. ****ed up as that is. It’s what it is.

In the future, when your children and grandchildren have their natural rights to defense suppressed, are stripped of their labor and property to fund the burden of out of control debt, and are suffering under an out of control administrative state, they may ask you why you voted for such things.

Then you can explain that you voted for a "lesser of two evils" because that's the only way you could vote.

I wonder if they will thank you.

cbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    129   0   0
    Feb 17, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    Don’t forget what he said about red flag orders. Something along the lines of we get the guns first and then worry about due process. **** that!

[video=youtube_share;yxgybgEKHHI]http://youtu.be/yxgybgEKHHI[/video]

The lesser of two evils is still evil. If I could have 10 seconds with Trump I tell him what a ****ing ******* I think he is for this bump stock bull****. What a **********. I fully expect him to cave next time something horrific happens here.

Clay Pigeon

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Aug 3, 2016
    Summitville
    In the future, when your children and grandchildren have their natural rights to defense suppressed, are stripped of their labor and property to fund the burden of out of control debt, and are suffering under an out of control administrative state, they may ask you why you voted for such things.

Then you can explain that you voted for a "lesser of two evils" because that's the only way you could vote.

I wonder if they will thank you.

So your one of the ones that voted for Perot then.

AmmoManAaron

Master
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Feb 20, 2015
    I-get-around
    Isn't there something in the constitution besides the 2nd amendment that bans confiscation without reparations? So they destroy 60,000 stocks that were legal yesterday but illegal today, supervised by ATF and get nothing out of it except maybe a tax write off?

The gov'ts position now is that they were always illegal machineguns and therefore the "takings clause" does not apply...even though the BATFE said TWICE that they were not machineguns. Yes, the gov't really is that insane. And people wonder why some of us are saying that the very idea of rule of law is at stake in this case.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Just in... US Supreme Court has refused to hear a second appeal of bump stock ban, ending the Supreme Court's involvement, and leaving the ban in effect.

Thanks for taking away another slice of ever-diminishing cake.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    Just in... US Supreme Court has refused to hear a second appeal of bump stock ban, ending the Supreme Court's involvement, and leaving the ban in effect.

Thanks for taking away another slice of ever-diminishing cake.
    Thats just for the emergency stays. Now the lawsuit commences in the lower courts, no doubt making it to the supreme court eventually. Never give up

Top Bottom