• ...and so much more!
  • ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    The D.C. Circuit Court has blocked enforcement of the Trump Administration's bump stock ban pending a hearing on one of the lawsuits filed against it. The stay is currently limited to those specifically named in the case but a broader stay is being requested, according to the gun rights group involved in the case

D2YDA1ZVAAA-6-M.jpg:small

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    From the other link: "As such, it blocks enforcement, set to take effect on March 26, only against Aposhian while his case is in the courts."

The D.C. Circuit Court has blocked enforcement of the Trump Administration's bump stock ban pending a hearing on one of the lawsuits filed against it. The stay is currently limited to those specifically named in the case but a broader stay is being requested, according to the gun rights group involved in the case

In my limited experience in this realm, the practical reality is that if one or 2 individual plaintiffs get a court to enter an injunction/stay, the enforcing authority suspends the active enforcement activity. (If someone wants to turn in a bumpstock after the injunction, they'll still take it, I suspect.)

To do otherwise just scales up the litigation for every attempted enforcement action. It is more practical to wait and see what happens with the litigation.

I'm not sure I've ever seen such a divergence across different federal courts on something like this, though.

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    130   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    Donate at least a dollar to FightATF.com or JoinFPF.org to become part of the Firearms Policy Foundation and gain protection under the DC Circuit’s administrative stay:

https://www.firearmspolicy.org/guedes-v-batfe

Worth a try...

More here:

https://secure.anedot.com/firearms-..._stock_ban_win_a_custom_fpc_m4_76?sc=sol_2019

Dont own a bumpstock but i pitched $10 their way. Wonder if atf will find a way to use those that donate amd join as a means of tracking bumpstocks if they do become illegal

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    Dont own a bumpstock but i pitched $10 their way. Wonder if atf will find a way to use those that donate amd join as a means of tracking bumpstocks if they do become illegal
    Why waste a golden opportunity right? Im sure they track everything. I also dont own one but ill proudly donate money to help stop this tyranny

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    130   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    Why waste a golden opportunity right? Im sure they track everything. I also dont own one but ill proudly donate money to help stop this tyranny

Thats why i chipped in. It isnt much but i figured every penny has to help and unlike some, will help fight for others rights that are being stripped away even though it doesn't affect me personally

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    U.S. Chief Justice John Roberts rejects bid to put hold on Trump administration ban on 'bump stock' gun attachments

Turned on the radio this morning just as the WIBC news was finishing saying "...instructions on how to cut them up yourself or turn them in"

sngehl01

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 21, 2018
    Elizabeth
    If there were tighter regulations on owning them, well, ok. I still don't like it, but a more thorough background check? Problem is a lot of these atrocities are performed by people who wouldn't have been flagged, so it would still happen.

Top Bottom