• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Oneofus1

SHOOTER
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 10, 2018
    Ft wayne
    Well I get your point somewhat but the difference here is that Ingo operates mainly as a community for members that wish to participate and not a market place for the masses that just flock here to pedal their wares.
    As an outsider I truly don't understand the trend im observing in the anti marketplace sentiment. If i had to guess, i would bet its more of a " this is a pain in the ass to deal with so lets just treat it like a step child". If INGO deleted that section of the forum all together im sure it wouldn't have much effect on the community. That is the route i would recommend given the vitriol it seems to create. Someone in a thread somewhere mentioned hiding it all together from non supporters. Probably the right choice for you guys,but i imagine somewhere someone sees the traffic it creates and that is why the trigger never got pulled on that, if it was me i would just embrace that lead generation and work on user experience. **** or get off the pot, a wise man once said.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    As an outsider I truly don't understand the trend im observing in the anti marketplace sentiment. If i had to guess, i would bet its more of a " this is a pain in the ass to deal with so lets just treat it like a step child". If INGO deleted that section of the forum all together im sure it wouldn't have much effect on the community. That is the route i would recommend given the vitriol it seems to create. Someone in a thread somewhere mentioned hiding it all together from non supporters. Probably the right choice for you guys,but i imagine somewhere someone sees the traffic it creates and that is why the trigger never got pulled on that, if it was me i would just embrace that lead generation and work on user experience. **** or get off the pot, a wise man once said.
    I beg to differ that it wouldn't have an effect on the community aspect. A lot of deals have been made there and a lot of members have made some lasting friendships with other members that they feel confident are here for more than just the classifieds. it's all part of it. I'm getting a vibe from your perspective that Ingo should just do away with the community and become primarily a market place like Armslist was and we've all seen what happened to them. No thanks.

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    As an outsider I truly don't understand the trend im observing in the anti marketplace sentiment.
    INGO was created to be and still is a community of gun owners. The marketplace was added as a perk for the said community to buy, sell and trade with each other. We want to keep it that way. We don't want this great place to turn into Arms List or GunBroker where any Joe or Jane can just wonder in, do there business and leave. We want to get to know each other and find out about them.

This post I've linked below was written several years ago. The member who wrote it is a good friend of mine that I meet here. We've been shooting together multiple times. I've go over and see him just to say hi as he lives near me. This is what INGO is about.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    The vitriol is created when new guys go on a sprint for the new shiny and cause a ruckus.
    I have filled this seat for a number of years and seen pretty much every excuse and argument put out by some really good debate team captains such as yourself. Its been an interesting read but you are causing the angst tonight due to how you came bull rushing in here and then turned the tables to put us on the defensive.
    The discussions again have been interesting, but the staff is growing weary of this.
    The classifieds are a huge draw. But we ask they be used by active posting/contributing members. That is stated very clearly. If you do not wish to contribute then drop a $20 and have at it just be civil in any correspondence/dealings with the member ship and trust me we have had issues there as well. The site support status does not give you special privileges just some added perks. Thats it. We still have rules and they have worked for us.

This is a business. That has to be understood. Many of our long term and even some newer members have stepped up to the support level just because its a nice thing to help keep the lights on.

With that said this conversation is done. I will not state it again. Please do not test me as when you post in earnest it is interesting.

Nuff said.

Oneofus1

SHOOTER
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 10, 2018
    Ft wayne
    I beg to differ that it wouldn't have an effect on the community aspect. A lot of deals have been made there and a lot of members have made some lasting friendships with other members that they feel confident are here for more than just the classifieds. it's all part of it. I'm getting a vibe from your perspective that Ingo should just do away with the community and become primarily a market place like Armslist was and we've all seen what happened to them. No thanks.
    yeah but do you see how you ride both sides of the fence with that sentiment? if you scroll through this thread people mock people going after " the shiny". You rush off to watch failed sprinters implode, and then talk about how its a great part of the community. and when i say " you" im not singling you out, it is an observable trend.

No i never implied going all in on one, or the other. I was just saying that there is a hole in the internet right now that isn't getting filled. meanwhile you make a game out of ****ing with people coming here to fill it. I actually agree with alot of you guys, most people just dont seem to have great reading comprehension. Im saying build the walls higher, but put the gates in the right place. People just seem to keep trying to lump me in with other " i hate 50" people.

the reality is a forum is a dated system for BST, its just not conducive, especially on mobile. If you ever checkout tacswap, thats what i would recommend format wise. I would actually keep it under the same roof but have it in its own section, where its single sign on but the bst isnt a sub section of community forum. it would be its own drop down from the title menu at top of page.

Oneofus1

SHOOTER
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 10, 2018
    Ft wayne
    The vitriol is created when new guys go on a sprint for the new shiny and cause a ruckus.
    I have filled this seat for a number of years and seen pretty much every excuse and argument put out by some really good debate team captains such as yourself. Its been an interesting read but you are causing the angst tonight due to how you came bull rushing in here and then turned the tables to put us on the defensive.
    The discussions again have been interesting, but the staff is growing weary of this.
    The classifieds are a huge draw. But we ask they be used by active posting/contributing members. That is stated very clearly. If you do not wish to contribute then drop a $20 and have at it just be civil in any correspondence/dealings with the member ship and trust me we have had issues there as well. The site support status does not give you special privileges just some added perks. Thats it. We still have rules and they have worked for us.

This is a business. That has to be understood. Many of our long term and even some newer members have stepped up to the support level just because its a nice thing to help keep the lights on.

With that said this conversation is done. I will not state it again. Please do not test me as when you post in earnest it is interesting.

Nuff said.
    i was having a conversation with several members in this " off topic thread" i was just clarifying my stance and they were educating me on their experience. we were having cordial discourse. If that makes you grow weary i apoligize. i personally just wouldn't read it if that were the case.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    i was having a conversation with several members in this " off topic thread" i was just clarifying my stance and they were educating me on their experience. we were having cordial discourse. If that makes you grow weary i apoligize. i personally just wouldn't read it if that were the case.
    Do you think for a second, I am reading this for amusement? I am following this because it has been reported and we do follow when this is the case. Thats why BigTanker is here. The entire staff has been involved and had some extensive discussions. What you don't see you do not know.
    Yes, it has been civil lately but do not even begin to tell me what to read. This is the angst my friend. Get off the high horse. Ingo will not be filling any interwebs holes. We are just fine as we are, and I ask we stop this particular discussion. Nothing more but then we all have to have the last word don't we.

You state you are an outsider......Hmmmmmmm

When a staff member asks we stop doing something it is with good reason. We are not NAZI troll troopers. So when we ask you stop, then please, stop. No come backs and no snark.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    I'm sure the mods here aren't too keen on the idea of have a separate huge marketplace sub section just to fill the interweb void to moderate along with everything else and I don't blame them one bit. There is a reason why they like to keep it somewhat more manageable just the way it is and even at that it's a lot of work. Ingo would implode. Some people just don't get that.

Last edited:

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I'm sure the mods here aren't too keen on the idea of have a separate huge marketplace sub section just to fill the interweb void to moderate along with everything else and I don't blame them one bit. There is a reason why they like to keep it somewhat more manageable just the way it is and even at that it's a lot of work. Some people just don't get that.
    Some people will argue a point just to do it and when you flood them with info and stats they push harder.
    I asked he stop with this line of discussion as it questions Ingo and our intentions.
    We will not be a huge marketplace as that would be a poison to ruin. And the staff would likely all bail out having to deal with the asshats it would draw.

I asked him 3 times to stop, and he just bounced threads still beating that same drum. He had to get the last word in telling me just stop reading it. OK my friend. He was locked from the thread and as I knew was coming, I got the standard last word I am right in this PM.
    VUPD's rule #1 people.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Some people will argue a point just to do it and when you flood them with info and stats they push harder.
    I asked he stop with this line of discussion as it questions Ingo and our intentions.
    We will not be a huge marketplace as that would be a poison to ruin. And the staff would likely all bail out having to deal with the asshats it would draw.

I asked him 3 times to stop, and he just bounced threads still beating that same drum. He had to get the last word in telling me just stop reading it. OK my friend. He was locked from the thread and as I knew was coming, I got the standard last word I am right in this PM.
    VUPD's rule #1 people.
    I hear you CM. I tried to get him to understand but he just wasn't having any. Ingo has prospered just the way it is for a long time when others have failed.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I hear you CM. I tried to get him to understand but he just wasn't having any. Ingo has prospered just the way it is for a long time when others have failed.
    He was basically PO'd that he did not get that scar he lusted after. Staff clipped his posts multiple times and should have set him off the playground for his arrogance. Kelly and BT both were involved.
    But we have vowed to be a kinder/gentler group and it works well for the most part.

Anyway, I tried. He would not. I set him off.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    I find this extremely amusing. There was a deal he thought was a good one, but didn't want to pay $20 to become a site supporter, which probably wouldn't affect the deal he was getting by much and so ****ed about it instead and got banned. What a dumba$$... :):

Oooops, evidently I found a couple words not caught by the filter... :dunno:

Hawkeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2010
    Warsaw
    You're so busy being offended you are getting confused. That WAS my first comment to you.

Shooters and runners are two totally different things.
    Why do you think I'm offended? I'm not offended. But I don't appreciate your condescension. Can you let it go? I guess not.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom