Not open for further replies.

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    honestly man im just mad that i missed a scar17 for 2400 bucks, im legit salty. the funniest part is i really do think the sprint is a bad thing and ineffective. the only reason im still going is they keep deleting my possts, im well over 150 by now. I just hate that " im a school techer, i enforce for the sake of enforcing" mindset

I saw a scar17 for $1,950.

Send me a PM and I'll get you the details.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Alas, what a shocking blow to the community. He had so many words of wisdom to share and the courage to do so. He must have really loved us to grace us with his presence here. I am really surprised we have survived as long as we have without him here.
    Stop it Expat. You're getting me all choked up here. It's either that or I'm chocking on this damn blueberry muffin.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    I saw this implosion coming... just after my bedtime. Getting snarky with CM in a PM is a self-inflicted hammering.

The Internet is not for everyone.
    This never turns out well. That guy named slim chance left the building early this morning leaving none.

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    Someone made a nice little overnight run around the board with what looks to be a number of one liners and stopped right at 50. Says they joined in 2018 though.
    Someone necros a 4-year-old account to make a classifieds run on Easter, and nobody makes a resurrection day joke?!? INGO, I am disappoint.

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    Idk i like my idea, dont reveal the shiny until they’re proven. I forgot to renew my site supporter for like a week. What if a shiny popped up before I realized it :runaway:

Also i kinds hope the seller refuses to sell to him lol
    Thanks for the reminder! Mine had lapsed, too. Fixed now.

Jaybird1980

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016
    North Central
    preface - THIS IS NOT A COMPLAINT

Jaybird , legit did you read what i was saying tho? I was making a case against what i was doing the whole time. I am a business consultant and I immediately identified a glaring hole. I wasn't upset about the " cash grab" like you mentioned in one of your other posts. I was laying out how to increase new supporters and decrease overhead by eliminating ineffective systems. The whole " you arent the first and wont be the last" is an incredibly inaccurate statement in this situation. When has a runner ever been promoting closing the race lol. If you want to get serious about making the marketplace safer there are a lot of ways to do that Tacswap, and texasguntrader both use credit card verification, it is either required (TGT) or gives you badges (TS). Of course those aren't one size fits all solutions but is a single step in the direction, where " the sprint" really doesn't even lift the foot.
    Well I see that he didn't take anyone's advice. :ugh:

Geez some people just don't get it. Just because there's a hole left where you get to sling your stuff for free, doesn't mean INGO has to fill this void and become a :poop: hole. No one is entitled to a free place to sell or buy your stuff, someone has to pay for it.

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    preface - THIS IS NOT A COMPLAINT

Jaybird , legit did you read what i was saying tho? I was making a case against what i was doing the whole time. I am a business consultant and I immediately identified a glaring hole. I wasn't upset about the " cash grab" like you mentioned in one of your other posts. I was laying out how to increase new supporters and decrease overhead by eliminating ineffective systems. The whole " you arent the first and wont be the last" is an incredibly inaccurate statement in this situation. When has a runner ever been promoting closing the race lol. If you want to get serious about making the marketplace safer there are a lot of ways to do that Tacswap, and texasguntrader both use credit card verification, it is either required (TGT) or gives you badges (TS). Of course those aren't one size fits all solutions but is a single step in the direction, where " the sprint" really doesn't even lift the foot.
    Fair points, but (at least, under original management - I'm not sure where TexKev stands) the INGO classified have always been a... side project of sorts? i.e. never really the main focus/purpose of the site. The 50 post rule was primarily to keep volunteer moderation effort minimized, since most of the issues requiring moderation originated from those forum users who only used the classifieds section and weren't otherwise active in the main forum. I don't think the rule ever had anything to do with revenue generation/consideration. (The "site supporter" work-around was a thinly veiled effort to get "runners" to demonstrate that they wanted to have some "skin in the game" for the forum in general - not explicitly to generate revenue.)

jsx1043

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Apr 9, 2008
    Napghanistan
    Looks like he'll have some time to create his gigantic marketplace to fill the void left by Armslist now. He'll need A LOT of time to moderate it.
    True story. If he’s as good of a “business consultant” as he thinks he is, he’ll start a business right up and make a killing. Rather, I suspect he falls under the category of “Those who can’t do, teach. Those who can’t teach, teach gym.”

“Consultants” are the gym teachers of the business world.

(And no hate on teachers, I used to be one.)

Jaybird1980

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016
    North Central
    True story. If he’s as good of a “business consultant” as he thinks he is, he’ll start a business right up and make a killing. Rather, I suspect he falls under the category of “Those who can’t do, teach. Those who can’t teach, teach gym.”

“Consultants” are the gym teachers of the business world.

(And no hate on teachers, I used to be one.)
    Used to be one? Couldn't hack it?

What time is Gym?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom