• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Oneofus1

SHOOTER
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 10, 2018
    Ft wayne
    Seriously you were going out of your way to screw with them and cause them more work.

Did you seriously think they were just going to let it be?

They're volunteers man, they don't want to put up more crap.
    preface - THIS IS NOT A COMPLAINT

Jaybird , legit did you read what i was saying tho? I was making a case against what i was doing the whole time. I am a business consultant and I immediately identified a glaring hole. I wasn't upset about the " cash grab" like you mentioned in one of your other posts. I was laying out how to increase new supporters and decrease overhead by eliminating ineffective systems. The whole " you arent the first and wont be the last" is an incredibly inaccurate statement in this situation. When has a runner ever been promoting closing the race lol. If you want to get serious about making the marketplace safer there are a lot of ways to do that Tacswap, and texasguntrader both use credit card verification, it is either required (TGT) or gives you badges (TS). Of course those aren't one size fits all solutions but is a single step in the direction, where " the sprint" really doesn't even lift the foot.

ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    In the country, hopefully.
    preface - THIS IS NOT A COMPLAINT

Jaybird , legit did you read what i was saying tho? I was making a case against what i was doing the whole time. I am a business consultant and I immediately identified a glaring hole. I wasn't upset about the " cash grab" like you mentioned in one of your other posts. I was laying out how to increase new supporters and decrease overhead by eliminating ineffective systems. The whole " you arent the first and wont be the last" is an incredibly inaccurate statement in this situation. When has a runner ever been promoting closing the race lol. If you want to get serious about making the marketplace safer there are a lot of ways to do that Tacswap, and texasguntrader both use credit card verification, it is either required (TGT) or gives you badges (TS). Of course those aren't one size fits all solutions but is a single step in the direction, where " the sprint" really doesn't even lift the foot.
    If you’re a legit business consultant, you can proposition them through the correct channels.

Somewhere along the line you asked how we can trust, or how this system allows for vetting, or something along those lines. I will just say, you can choose to trust, or not. I generally choose to trust, here, making a few deals, just like I do in my work. Close to a million dollars goes through on handshakes, no formal contracts, just an estimate from me, no money up front until the work is done. So it comes natural to me to just send someone money and they then send me the thing. I feel strongly this is how the world should work and I put my money where my mouth is, and I think more people should act this way.
    The rules that you are so against are what helps this system work.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    If you’re a legit business consultant, you can proposition them through the correct channels.

Somewhere along the line you asked how we can trust, or how this system allows for vetting, or something along those lines. I will just say, you can choose to trust, or not. I generally choose to trust, here, making a few deals, just like I do in my work. Close to a million dollars goes through on handshakes, no formal contracts, just an estimate from me, no money up front until the work is done. So it comes natural to me to just send someone money and they then send me the thing. I feel strongly this is how the world should work and I put my money where my mouth is, and I think more people should act this way.
    I think he's going under the pretense from a business perspective that the 50 post rule doesn't really increase revenue. Either way you look at it there will still be restrictions on accessing the classifieds even if you get rid of the 50 post rule that someone will bitch about.

Last edited:

Oneofus1

SHOOTER
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 10, 2018
    Ft wayne

We need to talk about the potential liability of your business dealings, you make me nervous ;). As for what you are referencing, I would go back and check but it was deleted lol. However, I think you were insinuating that the current system was some kind of safeguard to the community. Its amazing I haven't done more here but i have a few 100 maybe 500 or so total feedback across several forums and marketplaces, by no means a big shot but i have seen enough to understand your position perfectly, and i admit ive sent WAY too much money to complete strangers and just hoped it worked out, i have also had people ship to me first before i even pay, but that is more of a brotherhood thing where once you get above a certain threshold in higher tier items the trash people filter out and you are among people similar to yourself. So trust can go a long way but there is a strong vetting process in those situations... My point being, that phenomenon does not scale well, it isnt going to work for everyone so " trust" or post count alone is in no way going to protect the masses.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    We need to talk about the potential liability of your business dealings, you make me nervous ;). As for what you are referencing, I would go back and check but it was deleted lol. However, I think you were insinuating that the current system was some kind of safeguard to the community. Its amazing I haven't done more here but i have a few 100 maybe 500 or so total feedback across several forums and marketplaces, by no means a big shot but i have seen enough to understand your position perfectly, and i admit ive sent WAY too much money to complete strangers and just hoped it worked out, i have also had people ship to me first before i even pay, but that is more of a brotherhood thing where once you get above a certain threshold in higher tier items the trash people filter out and you are among people similar to yourself. So trust can go a long way but there is a strong vetting process in those situations... My point being, that phenomenon does not scale well, it isnt going to work for everyone so " trust" or post count alone is in no way going to protect the masses.
    Well the thing is that the 50 post rule has done pretty well for quite a few years along with long standing members ability to spot a hinky new member with questionable motives. You yourself have seen the way that a new member is scrutinized when an obvious attempt has been made to make a run for the classifieds. Word gets around fast.

Last edited:

Oneofus1

SHOOTER
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 10, 2018
    Ft wayne
    Well the thing is that the 50 post rule has done pretty well for quite a few years along with long standing members ability to spot a hinky new member with questionable motives.
    Yea but i think you are going to see an influx of users. I mentioned it earlier, but Armslist is dead. It is actually what brought me back here. I think Facebook is going to axe alot of the BST stuff any day now. its already a fear of the mods over there, you cant even post any text, just a picture and no one can comment. Plus its big tech Facebook, so what an absolute disaster that is. Alot of people have been going back to city/regional forums to sell stuff because ebay wont accept anything, and Gun broker requires a blood sample to sell on there. So you may be right, that system may have worked perfect for INGO since it was started, but what happens if the site 3x its population in the next 18 months? I know you guys like watching sprinters get hit by trucks but you have to admit, while keeping out some **** birds, it could be improved. That was my only point really. ill be back in 30 days when i get the PRIVILEGE to private message people :)

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Yea but i think you are going to see an influx of users. I mentioned it earlier, but Armslist is dead. It is actually what brought me back here. I think Facebook is going to axe alot of the BST stuff any day now. its already a fear of the mods over there, you cant even post any text, just a picture and no one can comment. Plus its big tech Facebook, so what an absolute disaster that is. Alot of people have been going back to city/regional forums to sell stuff because ebay wont accept anything, and Gun broker requires a blood sample to sell on there. So you may be right, that system may have worked perfect for INGO since it was started, but what happens if the site 3x its population in the next 18 months? I know you guys like watching sprinters get hit by trucks but you have to admit, while keeping out some **** birds, it could be improved. That was my only point really. ill be back in 30 days when i get the PRIVILEGE to private message people :)
    Well I get your point somewhat but the difference here is that Ingo operates mainly as a community for members that wish to participate and not a market place for the masses that just flock here to pedal their wares. Ingo has always taken great pride in the community aspect and the relationships that are formed here. That's why alot of us are so protective of it.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom