• Status
    Not open for further replies.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Fair points, but (at least, under original management - I'm not sure where TexKev stands) the INGO classified have always been a... side project of sorts? i.e. never really the main focus/purpose of the site. The 50 post rule was primarily to keep volunteer moderation effort minimized, since most of the issues requiring moderation originated from those forum users who only used the classifieds section and weren't otherwise active in the main forum. I don't think the rule ever had anything to do with revenue generation/consideration. (The "site supporter" work-around was a thinly veiled effort to get "runners" to demonstrate that they wanted to have some "skin in the game" for the forum in general - not explicitly to generate revenue.)
    This is what I was trying to get him to understand but he was dead set on disregarding that argument and the rules that he did'nt like that have made Ingo prosper for many years when others have failed.

He instead insisted on just wanting Ingo to expand the marketplace here at the expense of the community aspect just to fill a void that he and others incurred when other avenues such as Armslist became untenable which in turn would increase the workload of the volunteer moderation team exponentially.

If that were to happen I can almost guarantee that Ingo would implode and the overworked mod staff would quit under the sheer weight of the increased volume.

He himself said that he only returned here after a long hiatus just to take a run at accessing the classifieds which tells me he didn't give a damn about the community.

Last edited:

Chewie

Old, Tired, Grumpy, Skeptical
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 28, 2012
    Martinsville
    What, didn't everyone have the lesbo gym teacher? I don't think we had any male gym teachers.

I had a male gym teacher! No neck, his shoulders sloped up to his ears. Built like a tank and all muscle. Football/wrestling coach that scared the snot out of anyone who pissed him off. Probably one of the nicest people you could meet as long as you didn't **** him off! I remember him well having been on both sides of the fence!

Jaybird1980

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016
    North Central
    I had a male gym teacher! No neck, his shoulders sloped up to his ears. Built like a tank and all muscle. Football/wrestling coach that scared the snot out of anyone who pissed him off. Probably one of the nicest people you could meet as long as you didn't **** him off! I remember him well having been on both sides of the fence!
    Did he wear the shorty shorts. I think those were required.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    This is what I was trying to get him to understand but he was dead set on disregarding that argument and the rules that he did'nt like that have made Ingo prosper for many years when others have failed.

He instead insisted on just wanting Ingo to expand the marketplace here at the expense of the community aspect just to fill a void that he and others incurred when other avenues such as Armslist became untenable which in turn would increase the workload of the volunteer moderation team exponentially.

If that were to happen I can almost guarantee that Ingo would implode and the overworked mod staff would quit under the sheer weight of the increased volume.

He himself said that he only returned here after a long hiatus just to take a run at accessing the classifieds which tells me he didn't give a damn about the community.
    The people that his idea would bring into our little haven would be flippers rippers and bitchers. None I want to spend my last little bit of time here dealing with,

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    The people that his idea would bring into our little haven would be flippers rippers and bitchers. None I want to spend my last little bit of time here dealing with,
    I don't blame you and the mod staff one bit. Could you imagine having to moderate an expanded marketplace and having to constantly deal with those kind of gate crashers on top of moderating the existing forum? I certainly can't. It's absurd to even contemplate such a thing.

The Ingo community would suffer big time and become untenable, and we all would lose everything we've worked for as contributing members to get to where Ingo is today.

ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    In the country, hopefully.
    Yep! And white socks (with the stripes on top) with black tennis shoes. Funny but the color of the stripes on his socks never matched! I think it was so he could tell the right foot from the left one! LOL.
    My male gym teacher was pretty normal looking past being extra hairy, but he also kept a condom rolled up in those white striped socks of his, everyday.

ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    In the country, hopefully.

you gots gooder words. My worker bee self didn't stand a chance of convincing him with my lowly buzz.
    Also keep in mind that just before he got kicked perma-style he said he would see us in 30 days after his PM suspension was over. Zero sincerity.

Reactions: KG1

Hawkeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2010
    Warsaw
    What, didn't everyone have the lesbo gym teacher? I don't think we had any male gym teachers.
    We had a fairly attractive female Girls PE teacher and Girls sports coach. She moved on a few years after I graduated for banging a guy a couple years younger than me when he was a senior. Small towns - its hard to keep that sort of thing quiet...

Lpherr

In a blue bubble
    He kept his sock rolled down around it. I don't know what he was hoping for. IIRC correctly a biology teacher may have had a fling with him. He never got in trouble for harassing any kids. Well, at least sexually.
    Also small town drama.
    In Jr. High, we had two Social Studies teachers, Male and Female.
    There was a small storage room behind where their desks were, and they get the class started, with reading, homework, or whatever, and then disappear into the storage room, until a few minutes before the bell rang.
    No one ever got the courage to go look through the small window in the door.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    In Jr. High, we had two Social Studies teachers, Male and Female.
    There was a small storage room behind where their desks were, and they get the class started, with reading, homework, or whatever, and then disappear into the storage room, until a few minutes before the bell rang.
    No one ever got the courage to go look through the small window in the door.
    I'm sure they were just grading papers in there.

Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana

I watched all but the bitter end, you have to admit it was an interesting conversation.
    He would have been an interesting member.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    I watched all but the bitter end, you have to admit it was an interesting conversation.
    He would have been an interesting member.
    Yeah that's why I said he probably would have been an asset to the community if he chose to do so but he chose the arrogant asshat route instead and ultimately got bounced for it.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom