• Status
    Not open for further replies.

AngryRooster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Outside the coup
    You can always make the user do the work for you. Classifieds locked by default. Once the user reaches their 50 posts they must send a message to the appropriate staff member asking for them to be reviewed. They already have to do something similar when they become a site supporter to bypass the rule anyway. The reviews take place on a certain day(s) of the week only. A nice warning message about the post quality before they submit. If the 50 posts are found lacking then they are deleted and the user must wait until the next round to submit again. New site supporter status bypasses all that just like normal.

It should greatly reduce the amount of runner reports. You would have a set schedule of when to review things instead of having to be on constant guard as well. It would force the runners to have patience and reduce the instant gratification urge.

Just a thought.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    You can always make the user do the work for you. Classifieds locked by default. Once the user reaches their 50 posts they must send a message to the appropriate staff member asking for them to be reviewed. They already have to do something similar when they become a site supporter to bypass the rule anyway. The reviews take place on a certain day(s) of the week only. A nice warning message about the post quality before they submit. If the 50 posts are found lacking then they are deleted and the user must wait until the next round to submit again. New site supporter status bypasses all that just like normal.

It should greatly reduce the amount of runner reports. You would have a set schedule of when to review things instead of having to be on constant guard as well. It would force the runners to have patience and reduce the instant gratification urge.

Just a thought.

We have a better idea. 10 days a member and 50 quality posts. And yes this will have to be watched just like now but there will be no more runs. Even 50 decent posts in 24 hours (yes it has been done) will no unlock the gates.

We are also cleaning out the non-active members. No skin in the game as in active posts or site support and no joy.
    Just a few things we are doing before we completely revamp the rules package if and when the new format happens.

1775usmarine

Sleeper
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    84   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    IN
    We have a better idea. 10 days a member and 50 quality posts. And yes this will have to be watched just like now but there will be no more runs. Even 50 decent posts in 24 hours (yes it has been done) will no unlock the gates.

We are also cleaning out the non-active members. No skin in the game as in active posts or site support and no joy.
    Just a few things we are doing before we completely revamp the rules package if and when the new format happens.

So the number of regiatered users goes from 45k to 5k.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    How about 100 minimum posts per year to be active, of course classified post would not count.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    How about 100 minimum posts per year to be active, of course classified post would not count.

We/I look at several things when something lands in front of us.
    -Number and kinds of infractions. At 5 it gets dicey. At 6 you are done. Respond in a childish manner and off the playground.
    -Active posting member or site supporter. Not setting any limits as this is impossible. We review as needed.
    -Old ads left unclosed.
    -There is a lot more to this but you get the drift.

Remember peoples we are volunteers. BT and I spend a lot of time in here. The other staffers are doing more.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Fenway drove off into the sunset in the Bugatti.

Staff car is now a 1964 Falcon 4 door with a 144CI straight 6 and 3 on the tree. And the clutch slips.

I think we had that car when I was a kid! The year would be about right... it was powder blue. I was only 4 or 5 years old, so I don't know what it had under the hood. :): It was one of Dad's old work cars (Marion County Health Department), and they got the opportunity to buy them when the fleet was being replaced.

I think that one was replaced by a Plymouth Belvedere with a push button transmission on the center of the steering wheel. It looked like this one:

1962_plymouth_belvedere-pic-2557520385255848225-1600x1200.jpeg

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I think we had that car when I was a kid! The year would be about right... it was powder blue. I was only 4 or 5 years old, so I don't know what it had under the hood. :): It was one of Dad's old work cars (Marion County Health Department), and they got the opportunity to buy them when the fleet was being replaced.

I think that one was replaced by a Plymouth Belvedere with a push button transmission on the center of the steering wheel. It looked like this one:

1962_plymouth_belvedere-pic-2557520385255848225-1600x1200.jpeg
    Actually, I guess the Falcon would've come after the Belvedere. D'oh!

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon

Out of curiosity, what defines active or non-active? Sometime back I used "had a post in the last 6 months" and it seemed like we had the 5K 1775usmarine mentioned.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom