• Status
    Not open for further replies.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    And an Evangelical Atheist...I wish I could find a preacher with the kind of passion lowe0 has....You can start a thread about the price of bread going up and count on lowe0 to come out and start preaching the Dawkins Doctrine with a passion not seen since Joseph Smith took a look see in his hat...I may disagree but I admire his zealotry.....

I must admit I am not a sufficiently learned connoisseur of the many flavors of millennial condescension. They all seem alike to me

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    For one thing independent thinkers don't say things like "Yeah what so and so said" Hey...wait a minute...

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    No, they get older and migrate here after discovering that IMPD doesn't care about their social agendas, and that CPD has to pretend to care.

So the official position of your department is to "fake empathy towards trust-fund dumpster divers"?

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    That 'splains it just fine!

Not really. The Urban Dictionary definition explains it pretty well, except they spell it 'sedity'. And it's pronounced suh-ditty with the emphasis on the second syllable. Learnt it from an ex who used to use it.

Last edited:

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    ???????

Why is the "What will her answers be?" Thread closed?
    Yeah!! I was about to reply to Que's "it's ok to ban the AR" comment with this:
    We can ban the Phased Plasma Rifle in the 40 Watt Range too. The AR was still being invented in 1956.

Spear Dane

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 4, 2015
    Kokomo area
    I'm curious also. I was about to comment on the fact that now days the LA SWAT team would fast rope onto the Koreans and take them down while leaving the rioters be.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    You're doing it wrong. It's a contraction for you all. Therefore the proper spelling is y'all. You're welcome. :)

Uh no. In my area of the world "ya" is often used in place of you, so "ya all," fits nicely with our spelling of "ya'll," in which the apostrophe replaces the "a" in all. Don't try to apply grammatical rules to Southern vernacular, it has too many oddities to be coherent. There was actually a study done, years back that explored why people in LA, or the wiregrass, used our form rather than the one you mentioned.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    I'm curious also. I was about to comment on the fact that now days the LA SWAT team would fast rope onto the Koreans and take them down while leaving the rioters be.

Let's dissect the Koreans on rooftop. I waffle a bit on using deadly force to protect property. And during a riot I'd be more inclined to support using deadly force in defense of property. Here's my issue. These Koreans are on the rooftops of their businesses. Are they they for show to defend their property, or do they have the intent of employing deadly force to defend their property.....again from a rooftop.
    If you're on a rooftop, you aren't going to be very effective engaging people actively trying to gain entrance into your place of business. However, you could be very effective if you engaged prior to the active attempt at entry..... but if you did, then LAPD SWAT probably should fast rope down and take them out.
    Does anybody know what went down at that particular location? Hopefully nothing.

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    Let's dissect the Koreans on rooftop. I waffle a bit on using deadly force to protect property. And during a riot I'd be more inclined to support using deadly force in defense of property. Here's my issue. These Koreans are on the rooftops of their businesses. Are they they for show to defend their property, or do they have the intent of employing deadly force to defend their property.....again from a rooftop.
    If you're on a rooftop, you aren't going to be very effective engaging people actively trying to gain entrance into your place of business. However, you could be very effective if you engaged prior to the active attempt at entry..... but if you did, then LAPD SWAT probably should fast rope down and take them out.
    Does anybody know what went down at that particular location? Hopefully nothing.

The National Guard talked them down with promising to protect their stores. After the store owners left, the Guard left and a couple of their businesses got looted and I think one got burned out. Most the pictures you see I believe were from one of the stores that made it.

This is what we heard from locals after the riots. Never saw it on the news. (of course)

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    The National Guard talked them down with promising to protect their stores. After the store owners left, the Guard left and a couple of their businesses got looted and I think one got burned out. Most the pictures you see I believe were from one of the stores that made it.

This is what we heard from locals after the riots. Never saw it on the news. (of course)

Ah good info thanks. Somebody rep him. I don't like him enough to do it myself.

Woobie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2014
    Losantville

I tend to cut a lot of slack to the otherwise docile for what they do when pushed by the malevolent.

Got him for ya

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom