Not open for further replies.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    It says, "list your shooters". That means it's kinda like status updates. Only the updates are talking about those who've passed to the other side of the hammer.

Hat's off please. Moment of silence for the fallen.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    You're doing it wrong. It's a contraction for you all. Therefore the proper spelling is y'all. You're welcome. :)
    6 in 10 Missippians (spelt the way it's pronounced) would dissagree. I took a poll. The proper contraction of ya all, is ya'll, and is prounounced as yawl depending on how many syllables you want to squeeze out of the lone vowel.

Woobie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2014
    Losantville
    But if you're from Southern Kentucky or Northern Tennessee, it isn't y'all or ya'll at all. It's "youns." Usually pronounced as a single syllable or with the slightest suggestion of a second syllable. Never is it "you uns".

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    But if you're from Southern Kentucky or Northern Tennessee, it isn't y'all or ya'll at all. It's "youns." Usually pronounced as a single syllable or with the slightest suggestion of a second syllable. Never is it "you uns".
    I have noticed that a lot,of the folks from my area of KY have changed from youns to y'all. Odd.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Well, yous guys need to figure this out and get back on topic. Oh...and yous is the proper way to say it, not ya'll or y'all or whatever. :):

I'll just say this. If you're ever in Mississippi (pronounced mi-SSIP-pee), don't say "yous guys". They're gonna be able to tell you're not from around there anyway. But it's best not get them started with Yankee jokes.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom