License, registration.....and religious status?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    Taking this incident the the level of a lawsuit is beyond ridiculous, apparently the ACLU is feeling rather insignificant these days and is scraping the bottom of the barrel for attention and funding.

This trooper has been sued before for the same thing. The ACLU is just doing its job. Since ISP won't do theirs.

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    The woman was pulled over because she broke the law.

The officer gave her a warning.

Sounds like the policeman shared his personal beliefs after.

Sounds like he was exercising his right to free speech.

Surely one doesn't loose their rights depending on who the employer is?

Actually, yes. An officer acting under the color of law does have restricted free speech rights. The government has responsibilities and authority.....not rights.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    This trooper has been sued before for the same thing. The ACLU is just doing its job. Since ISP won't do theirs.

If that's the case he should be fired. It should be pretty clear after being told once that it was inappropriate; do it again and you're gone. Sounds like he made a decision to put his faith above his profession. I admire his dedication but forgive not what he's done.

The lawsuit is still ridiculous and I sincerely hope she gets nothing but a bill from the lawyers.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    Actually, yes. An officer acting under the color of law does have restricted free speech rights.

True and any LEO in the country should be more than aware.

The government has responsibilities and authority.....not rights.

You can't consider an LEO as nothing more than "the government". LEO's still have many of the same rights afforded to every citizen of the country whether on or off duty. Can't paint this category with a broad brush like that.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Yes. I was stunned, but I have met some.

Sometime, I would like to have a real, FTF conversation with you. These arguments over the internet devolve too quickly and it ends up like a dog chasing its tail. I think these conversations would be/are much better in person. And, guess what, not all of us Christians have that "Experience" that your friends all had/have.

I really hope that we can meet up sometime, for a cheeseburger and some shooting or something. Let me know!

I'll buy.

Maybe we can get Indyucky in on this, too...might be the first time in history where people of disparate religious beliefs showed up someplace with a bunch of guns without the intent to shoot each other!

I'm in....

For a believer I can still be kind of rough around the edges and do not fit into the mold as well as I should...Lord knows I am a work in progress as my humor is dark, my language salty, and my love of two glasses of bourbon on the rocks of an evening (for medicinal purposes of course:)) puts me in an awkward spot with some of my fellow believers....

To me you are proof that "the word of God is written on the hearts of men".....I believe that and the fact that you may not believe that affects me not, nor changes my opinion of you..I appreciate that you allow me that same courtesy...Bless you for that....

I'd be up for that...at least the eating and shooting part. :D. Let the discussion wind it's way...

PaulF

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 4, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Yes. I was stunned, but I have met some.

Sometime, I would like to have a real, FTF conversation with you. These arguments over the internet devolve too quickly and it ends up like a dog chasing its tail. I think these conversations would be/are much better in person. And, guess what, not all of us Christians have that "Experience" that your friends all had/have.

I really hope that we can meet up sometime, for a cheeseburger and some shooting or something. Let me know!

I'm in....

For a believer I can still be kind of rough around the edges and do not fit into the mold as well as I should...Lord knows I am a work in progress as my humor is dark, my language salty, and my love of two glasses of bourbon on the rocks of an evening (for medicinal purposes of course:)) puts me in an awkward spot with some of my fellow believers....

To me you are proof that "the word of God is written on the hearts of men".....I believe that and the fact that you may not believe that affects me not, nor changes my opinion of you..I appreciate that you allow me that same courtesy...Bless you for that....

I'd be up for that...at least the eating and shooting part. :D. Let the discussion wind it's way...

PM's sent...Let's see if we can get an INGO Interfaith Eat 'N Shoot off the ground here!

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Time for a Coke break.

The young lady that opens that song (along with the "Me and My RC" girl on the motorcycle) were among my earliest memories that all girls may not, in fact, actually have cooties.....She reminded me of a blonde Susan Dey aka Laurie Partridge.....

images

"I'll get off this bike some day but heck I'm only 22"

I remember thinking..."Yeah 22's kind of old but I like her..." LOL....

Last edited:

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Well, the guy has been in trouble for doing this before. I imagine he was warned to stop doing it.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Well, the guy has been in trouble for doing this before. I imagine he was warned to stop doing it.

Yes, I imagine so. As much as I appreciate the impulse to share, that is not the time or place and certainly not what the ISP is paying him to do.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell

Yes, I imagine so. As much as I appreciate the impulse to share, that is not the time or place and certainly not what the ISP is paying him to do.

As long as everyone else, no matter what cause, charity, or plight they wish to tell us, sell us, or warn us of, is held to the same standard...

searpinski

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    Indianapolis
    I don't know your first name, but there is no doubt you would be welcome in my home.

You and I understand each other better, I think, than we sometimes let on.

It is hard to explain the saturation of the Christian message from the perspective of a non-believer...it is everywhere, and in many ways incredibly uncomfortable. We are constantly reminded that something we cannot see, or feel, or measure, or interact with in any way waits to torture us forever. Every day. Everywhere we look.

It's maddening, honestly. I don't mean that to be condescending, I don't know how else to explain it...If something were to change my mind, please believe me: I will know where to find you.

Christians have every right to broadcast their message, and I support that right. They need to understand that a broadcast message can have a dark side...you want your message to be easy to access, but not suffocate and oppress. The very universality that sounds appealing to the broadcaster can sound appaling to the listener.

Great post, completely agree. Well thought out and well put. Thank you!

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    As long as everyone else, no matter what cause, charity, or plight they wish to tell us, sell us, or warn us of, is held to the same standard...

They should be held to the same standard.

Now if we can get the fire department to stop holding their boots out as I drive by.

Not meaning to hijack the thread. They're great causes, but seriously I'd much rather donate to FoP organizations and Firefighters' charities through their web sites and not at busy intersections.

level.eleven

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    I have to admit an ACLU lawsuit is a bit over the top. Just file a complaint.

Ehh, I don't know. In the court documents it states that members of the cops church approached her after the event and said Officer Joe had added her name to the prayer list because she has been naughty.

And, he refused to stop doing this after told so by management.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Ehh, I don't know. In the court documents it states that members of the cops church approached her after the event and said Officer Joe had added her name to the prayer list because she has been naughty.

And, he refused to stop doing this after told so by management.

Well, he's fired now. What more is necessary? Does the woman need to see a public lynching?

Top Bottom