• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    I understand your wanting to carry, but even in Alaska, gun carry in establishments serving alcohol is prohibited. And quite frankly I can see why. I have seen some of the people around with ccp and them mixing weapons and booze in a crowded place with kids is not what is a recipe for succes. Further more restraints have the right to make these decisions and they aren't trampling your 2a rights. They never said you couldn't own a gun, they just would rather not have them in their establishment. I honestly don't get why this is such a big deal. You can't carry in a post office but still frequent that establishment no?

Not sure what a CCP is, carrying in a bar in INDIANA is not illegal, if you think carrying in a place that serves alcohol is bad, in a family place with kids, (must be that 5 year old girl thing again) is bad then perhaps you should rethink YOUR decision to carry a firearm.

Soapbox mode off.:twocents:
    Too many instances of nutjobs going off and killing people in places where "you shouldn't carry guns" to think a No Guns sign is going to protect me.

The victims of the Aurora shooting, both real and perceived are now suing the theater chain for not providing adequate security to prevent the shooting. So should all business' go to a complete strip search/lockdown etc to prevent a mass murder? Are you willing to assume that a sign is going to protect you? Do you want to cower under a table hoping that the swat team storms the building and kills the bad guy before he kills you?

Not dissing cops but when they arrive they don't storm in and ride to the rescue, they assess the situation fully, weigh their options and then act accordingly. A lot of people have died waiting to be rescued.

Don't take this wrong new guy but it just gets so damned old hearing about all these places and situations that "you shouldn't have a gun in there". These are exactly the places that the bad guys target, how many times have you heard of some psycho attacking a police station, gun store, etc?

Ted

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2012
    They do, actually. You have no "right" to be on their property, therefore you have no "right to life" on their property. You do have the right to seek existence elsewhere.

Property rights trump every other right? Please explain that one.

JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    Yep. I carry in BWW in Moore, Oklahoma all the time, never seen a sign.

I've only been to one.
    The zillion big screen TVs were all blasting on different channels (each trying to be louder than the others), the waitstaff was snippy, the table tops were grody and there were crumbs/chunks and sauce smears on the seats and stuff.
    Yick.

But yeah... I carried there. :)

GBuck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jul 18, 2011
    Franklin
    Property rights trump every other right? Please explain that one.
    Are you taking lessons from Hornadyl? You're getting very good at putting words in people's mouths.

I wouldn't say they trump every other one. They do trump his right to carry a gun on their property, however.

He is only allowed on that property with the permission of the property owner or their agent. Therefore, he can be required to be unarmed, or not be allowed on the property.

Ted

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2012
    Are you taking lessons from Hornadyl? You're getting very good at putting words in people's mouths.

I wouldn't say they trump every other one. They do trump his right to carry a gun on their property, however.

He is only allowed on that property with the permission of the property owner or their agent. Therefore, he can be required to be unarmed, or not be allowed on the property.

This is the relevant part of what you stated......

.......You have no "right" to be on their property, therefore you have no "right to life" on their property.......

Hence, I didn't put anything in your mouth........much less any words. However, if you so desire, we can meet after lunch. :naughty:

:laugh:

And no, I'm not taking lessons from that [STRIKE]piece of[/STRIKE]......errrrr.........individual.

CarmelHP

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    Carmel
    Think thats bad? I went to Chilis a couple months back and ordered a drink. I presented ID and was told the manager also has to come check my ID because I am under 25 years old. :n00b:

Someone please explain the logic behind that.

Maybe Joe the manager likes to ogle young men.

Miketodd

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    I was at a BDubs in Richmond,KY and SAW THE SIGN!! The Manager came over to say good evening and I inquired about the sign. He sighed and said "It is a corporate thing. I have my CCW and they won't let me carry, even though I am here some nights until after 0300, I am here by myself sometimes that late and I am usually getting the deposit together.". We chatted for a few minutes about the carry laws between IN and KY and also some general gun chat. Turns out he gave my father and I (who were both CCing :rockwoot:) 10% off of our bill.

IndyBeerman

Was a real life Beerman.....
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Plainfield
    Why all the hate for Bw3? Most LGS have the same sign basically. I don't see everyone jumping on the boycott bandwagon.

Don't throw LGS's into this, I see the reason why LGS's want it that way.

It's because of all the idiot gun owners that just have to pull out their firearm to show it off and coonfinger it, the chance AD's increase greatly.

IndyBeerman

Was a real life Beerman.....
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Plainfield
    SNIP...

You cannot have someone arrested just because you have a no trespassing sign and they disobey it. Then again, IANAL and have never been in the situation. That's just my experience from working security. They must be trespassed before they can be cited.

Ahhh, IANAL, but I think I hate to break the news to you, but that sign that says:
    Property-Protection-Signs---Outdoor-79411S05STDNRA-ba.jpg

Specifically informs you of no trespassing, the same as if you have been verbally warned.

The only difference is that a person can dispute being verbally told that they was trespassing, the sign displays the warning.

Top Bottom