• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SSGSAD

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    Town of 900 miles
    I got carded twice within 15 minutes by the same waitress in BWW. I don't mind being asked for ID when I'm buying a beer, I get that, but when I explained to her she had just carded me when I got my first beer, she said, "it's company policy, we card everyone for every drink they order",:): I told her to forget it, and left. No thanks BWW, if your policies are that dumb, I'll go elsewhere.
    My friend and I, went to BWW, in Wash. Sq., East Side Indy., and the waitress, asked us for Id. We said yes, and reached for it, and she said, I don't need to see it, just have to know that you have it .....

Smokepole

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 21, 2011
    Southern Hamilton County
    Property rights trump every other right? Please explain that one.

You are "visiting" the "property" of another. It is "his" not "yours". He has his rules, you have your rules for your property. It is not your "right" to visit or trespass on his property. Or he yours. As long as one follows the rules of the owner all is well. Same for your property.

Your daughter tells you that she is going to get a tattoo. You tell her no. She tells you that it is her right to freedom of speech/expression under the 1a. You tell her that she doesn't have any such right under your roof. The 1a applies to the Gov't. She must obey your rules. Your roof your rules. Same for the property/establishment owner. Same for you and your property/your establishment.

Private businesses have the right to refuse service to anyone for any reason they deem fit. Remember seeing this sign "No shirt No shoes No service"? Once they advise you that you have violated policy/rules you must leave or you are guilty of trespass and they can have the LEO's remove you. As could you at your business.

IANAL, but that is the way it has been explained to me for decades.

So yes, because the establishment owner is a private business, not a government entity, his property rights trump your 2a rights. As your property rights trump your daughters 1a rights.

Smokepole

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 21, 2011
    Southern Hamilton County
    Originally Posted by griffin
    Buffalo Wild Wings - Midland: Lucas, Buffalo Wild Wings respects the right of individuals to carry firearms. One of our top priorities is the comfort, safety and enjoyment of our guests. Our independently owned and operated franchised restaurant in Midland, has elected to exercise their right to allow the carrying of firearms when legal under the state’s law. This position may vary in other locations.

That's a start!

That answers a question that I have had since the 3rd page of this thread. BWW is a Franchise. Most of the stores are independently owned and operated as told above. On the BWW signs that were posted previously, they said Buffalo Wild Wings INC. INC means it is a BWW corporate policy. the owners of the franchise stores have their own policies. The stores that are owned by BWW corp. will all be anti-gun. That is why the discrepancies between the different stores. Some of the Franchised stores may have the same policy depending on the Franchisee.

Top Bottom