• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • HavokCycle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 10, 2012
    Zionsville
    :dunno:Can't debate with people who don't read. You all realize you're on a GUN WEBSITE, right? :) If you choose to live as a sheep so you can blend in and possibly not attract the attention of the other sheep, have at it. I, for one, am plain old tired of being made out to be dangerous when all I am doing is exercising a RIGHT and I am lawful. That's all.

you have a RIGHT to carry a firearm.
    you have a PRIVILEGE to be on someone elses property. they can set the rules as they see fit. i can set a rule that no one can come into my house whilst wearing pants.

either take off your pants, or dont visit. its that ****ing simple.

wtfd661

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Dec 27, 2008
    North East Indiana
    The only way to change their mind is to bring it to their attention. I think the letter was well written and appropriate.

This^^

Not sure what some people's issue with the OP finding a problem with a business rule and writing a letter addressing it. If I do business with a company and find something I don't like then I either bring it to the attention of the owner/manager or do business else where. I don't think that really is interfering with the owner's private property or his rules, just informing him that I disagree and will do business else where. As far as posting it here to inform other gun owners seems like that might be appropriate for this group.

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove
    I understand your wanting to carry, but even in Alaska, gun carry in establishments serving alcohol is prohibited. And quite frankly I can see why. I have seen some of the people around with ccp and them mixing weapons and booze in a crowded place with kids is not what is a recipe for succes. Further more restraints have the right to make these decisions and they aren't trampling your 2a rights. They never said you couldn't own a gun, they just would rather not have them in their establishment. I honestly don't get why this is such a big deal. You can't carry in a post office but still frequent that establishment no?

Exactly! Over a year ago Ohio changed their laws to actually ALLOW Licensed carry into establishments that serve alcohol! There have been THOUSANDS of new shootings.. uhm, no..
    ok, HUNDREDS...wait, what? no?
    OK, I know.. DOZENS.. uhm, no not that either..
    SEVERAL? Oh, no? Hmm

OK, nevermind then..

:n00b:

castle134

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2012
    Went last night to one cc'ed the whole time I was there so no worries about them finding out. But I didn't see no such sign at the one I was at. Only place I'd seen one was a Hooters me and my friends just turned around.

greyhound47

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Apr 3, 2009
    Fort Wayne, Indiana
    What a relief to see some people here understand. I am not trying to pick a fight, just inform a business that they will lose business and to inform my fellow firearms owners. That's it. Nothing is simple on this site!:dunno:

PistolBob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 6, 2010
    Midwest US
    Not my pic but a pic from Clarksville, IN BWW's.
    BWWgunban.jpg

Every BWW I have been in that was in Cincy or Ohio for that matter, has the same sign prominently posted....but from reading the posts here, as long as you haven't seen it personally, then it doesn't exist.

HavokCycle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 10, 2012
    Zionsville
    Every BWW I have been in that was in Cincy or Ohio for that matter, has the same sign prominently posted....but from reading the posts here, as long as you haven't seen it personally, then it doesn't exist.
    ohio is more strict with their gun laws than Indiana is. I haven't lived in cinci for a few years now so I don't remember myself, i used to frequent the one in Milford off 275.

pokersamurai

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Dec 30, 2008
    LaPorte
    Oh the humanity!!!! A company making rules they want people to follow on their property!!! The food isn't all that good, it is over priced, the service is usually bad...those are better reasons to NOT eat there than them thinking their rights are more important than your rights while you're on their property.

Actually, the 2A is irrelevant on others private property if they say no guns allowed. They have rights as well- property rights. You can be justifiably arrested if you don't respect their rights. The 2A is supposed to be a block against government restrictions- no more, no less. You can request that BW3 change their policy, but they are under no obligation to change their policy or allow your trespass.

The right to life (which in my mind includes self-defense) is recognized in the Declaration of Independence as an inalienable human right and no individual's "property rights" are able to take that away.

I conceal carry everyday. When I have to enter businesses that have "no gun" signs posted, I do what I always do, I carry anyways. Them posting a sign (which has no legal bearing) that says they don't like my right to self-defense doesn't matter in the least to me.

Their "property rights" will never trump my human rights.

Raskolnikov

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 24, 2012
    Indianapolis
    I've never seen one of these signs in Indianapolis, but I rarely eat at BWW. This will be considered the next time that I have a craving for wings. ;) The best way to fight a bad business policy is with your wallet.

Bunnykid68

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Cave of Caerbannog
    The right to life (which in my mind includes self-defense) is recognized in the Declaration of Independence as an inalienable human right and no individual's "property rights" are able to take that away.

I conceal carry everyday. When I have to enter businesses that have "no gun" signs posted, I do what I always do, I carry anyways. Them posting a sign (which has no legal bearing) that says they don't like my right to self-defense doesn't matter in the least to me.

Their "property rights" will never trump my human rights.
    Well, unless they tell you to leave

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    Sure, they could ask me to leave if they knew I was carrying, but that's why I conceal carry. That way they don't see any "scarey" guns in their business, and I still have the ability to protect myself. Win-win.

There is a better solution ...

no-guns-no-money-sign.jpg

Go somewhere else where you and your gun are actually welcome. :dunno:

pokersamurai

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Dec 30, 2008
    LaPorte
    There is a better solution ...

no-guns-no-money-sign.jpg

Go somewhere else where you and your gun are actually welcome. :dunno:

That is really neat. I may have to get some of those cards and start handing them out. :D

Although, now that I out of college, the only places that I frequent regularly that have "no gun" signs are my local movie theater and library.

Top Bottom