• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana
    And you didn't even mention that it's so loud (at least in the one near Greenwood) you can't begin to carry on a conversation.

It's the Evil Triumvirate in Greenwood. BWW, Gander Mountain, and WalMart in the same location! :nailbite:

I've been to 1 location, 3 times. The family section didn't seem too loud but there were no decent games on so that might have had something to do with it. Seems like most people are all about small talk and if that is the conversation, I'd much rather it be loud. I don't have the patience for all that.

greyhound47

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Apr 3, 2009
    Fort Wayne, Indiana
    Oh the humanity!!!! A company making rules they want people to follow on their property!!! The food isn't all that good, it is over priced, the service is usually bad...those are better reasons to NOT eat there than them thinking their rights are more important than your rights while you're on their property.

:rolleyes:Hopefully, you are being pugnacious for effect. IF you believe 2A IS A RIGHT then no one has the right to keep you from doing it. I agree that there are better reasons to not go there but if enough people stop spending they will rethink their stance.

pudly

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    Undisclosed
    :rolleyes:Hopefully, you are being pugnacious for effect. IF you believe 2A IS A RIGHT then no one has the right to keep you from doing it. I agree that there are better reasons to not go there but if enough people stop spending they will rethink their stance.

Actually, the 2A is irrelevant on others private property if they say no guns allowed. They have rights as well- property rights. You can be justifiably arrested if you don't respect their rights. The 2A is supposed to be a block against government restrictions- no more, no less. You can request that BW3 change their policy, but they are under no obligation to change their policy or allow your trespass.

the1kidd03

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    somewhere
    Never heard of such a policy at BWW. We frequent there fairly often and some associates of mine schedule OC meetings at them almost monthly.:dunno:

DocEd

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 25, 2012
    Evansville
    I understand your wanting to carry, but even in Alaska, gun carry in establishments serving alcohol is prohibited. And quite frankly I can see why. I have seen some of the people around with ccp and them mixing weapons and booze in a crowded place with kids is not what is a recipe for succes. Further more restraints have the right to make these decisions and they aren't trampling your 2a rights. They never said you couldn't own a gun, they just would rather not have them in their establishment. I honestly don't get why this is such a big deal. You can't carry in a post office but still frequent that establishment no?

atvdave

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 23, 2012
    SW Indiana
    Never heard of such a policy at BWW. We frequent there fairly often and some associates of mine schedule OC meetings at them almost monthly.:dunno:

So maybe it's best if they do email the corporate office instead of the local one. I really don't know if my local one has a sign or not, and I've been going there for about 10 years..

Rookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    Kokomo
    I understand your wanting to carry, but even in Alaska, gun carry in establishments serving alcohol is prohibited. And quite frankly I can see why. I have seen some of the people around with ccp and them mixing weapons and booze in a crowded place with kids is not what is a recipe for succes. Further more restraints have the right to make these decisions and they aren't trampling your 2a rights. They never said you couldn't own a gun, they just would rather not have them in their establishment. I honestly don't get why this is such a big deal. You can't carry in a post office but still frequent that establishment no?

This ain't Alaska.

greyhound47

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Apr 3, 2009
    Fort Wayne, Indiana
    Actually, the 2A is irrelevant on others private property if they say no guns allowed. They have rights as well- property rights. You can be justifiably arrested if you don't respect their rights. The 2A is supposed to be a block against government restrictions- no more, no less. You can request that BW3 change their policy, but they are under no obligation to change their policy or allow your trespass.

AGAIN, I am talking about a business making the choice to alienate LAWFULLY CARRYING, NON-ALCOHOL CONSUMING citizens. I understand it is their right. However, would you argue the same way if a business had a sign saying no black people, Jews, or the elderly? Would you argue their right to post and enforce what they want then? What is the difference to you?

greyhound47

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Apr 3, 2009
    Fort Wayne, Indiana

Not my pic but a pic from Clarksville, IN BWW's.
    BWWgunban.jpg

pudly

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    Undisclosed
    AGAIN, I am talking about a business making the choice to alienate LAWFULLY CARRYING, NON-ALCOHOL CONSUMING citizens. I understand it is their right. However, would you argue the same way if a business had a sign saying no black people, Jews, or the elderly? Would you argue their right to post and enforce what they want then? What is the difference to you?

Your straw men are irrelevant to the discussion. We are talking about gun carrying, not discrimination against other groups. But feel free to OC where you are not welcome with that attitude and refuse to leave to "strike a blow for the 2A". You won't be accomplishing anything positive, but you will have made your point.

HavokCycle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 10, 2012
    Zionsville
    However, would you argue the same way if a business had a sign saying no black people, Jews, or the elderly? Would you argue their right to post and enforce what they want then? What is the difference to you?

quite frankly, while your argument is sound, it boils down to this - private property. period. they can choose to serve or not to serve black people, martians, people with weird eyebrows, or someone CCing. stop trying to be a special interest group. dont give them your money, its that simple.

greyhound47

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Apr 3, 2009
    Fort Wayne, Indiana
    Your straw men are irrelevant to the discussion. We are talking about gun carrying, not discrimination against other groups. But feel free to OC where you are not welcome with that attitude and refuse to leave to "strike a blow for the 2A". You won't be accomplishing anything positive, but you will have made your point.

#1 I do NOT OC. Never said I did.
    #2 If someone draws a parallel, that to you is a "straw man"? We as gun carriers are a "group" and we are being discriminated against.
    #3 I did not refuse to leave. As a matter of fact, no one ever saw my gun or said a word to me. I brought it up to BWW's because they are discriminating against 2a people.

greyhound47

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Apr 3, 2009
    Fort Wayne, Indiana
    quite frankly, while your argument is sound, it boils down to this - private property. period. they can choose to serve or not to serve black people, martians, people with weird eyebrows, or someone CCing. stop trying to be a special interest group. dont give them your money, its that simple.

I agree entirely. However, it is called raising awareness, not trying to be a special interest group. I could give a good rats ass about BWW's but I am tired of being made out to be "dangerous" because I choose to lawfully carry.

pudly

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    Undisclosed
    #1 I do NOT OC. Never said I did.
    #2 If someone draws a parallel that to you is a "straw man"? We as gun carriers are a "group" and we are being discriminated against.
    #3 I did not refuse to leave. As a matter of fact, no one ever saw my gun or said a word to me. I brought it up to BWW's because they are discriminating against 2a people.

And I didn't say that you OCed. You apparently didn't notice but I was responding to your slap at sepe for saying that BW3 both has the right to discriminate and you may want to think about not patronizing them for other reasons as well. He's right on both points.

greyhound47

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Apr 3, 2009
    Fort Wayne, Indiana
    :dunno:Can't debate with people who don't read. You all realize you're on a GUN WEBSITE, right? :) If you choose to live as a sheep so you can blend in and possibly not attract the attention of the other sheep, have at it. I, for one, am plain old tired of being made out to be dangerous when all I am doing is exercising a RIGHT and I am lawful. That's all.

Top Bottom