• What is your view on marijuana?

• Total voters

2ADMNLOVER

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    May 13, 2009
    West side Indy
    Just so its said... you (in general) might be quite surprised at the folks that are very well respected professionals in our community that smoke pot on a regular bases, and even their peers don't know. I'm talking about people I know, not just making a generalization. MD's, attorney's, Public Safety, and large business owners.

Exactly ! Plenty of smokers that aren't the typical un-motivated "stoner" types .

Yes sir, That is a fact.

I agree with legalizing it.
    But i disagree with whomever said to tax the crap out of it. Ya see thats the problem. It cant be taxed cause you COULD (if legal) plant it right next to your tomatoes in your garden, therefor the gov doesnt get thier cut, if its kept illegal the gov still makes money off of it :twocents:

And this .

Most folks aren't aware that it grows wild all over Indiana already .

Personally I don't give a rip what anyone does on their time , but show up for work sober .

Glock22

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Mar 22, 2009
    Bedford
    It should never be legalized,I work in an underground mine and I need to count on those around me.I've seen too many thing's to take a chance on somebody using that crap and getting everybody killed.If it was legal It would be no time before we would see it everywhere like work.I can't believe most of you would support pot being legalized.

Thumper

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2009
    South Indy
    Exactly ! Plenty of smokers that aren't the typical un-motivated "stoner" types .

And this .

Most folks aren't aware that it grows wild all over Indiana already .

Personally I don't give a rip what anyone does on their time , but show up for work sober .
    Makes INGO look bad for even beiing tied to such a thing.Sorry

Fletch

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 19, 2008
    Oklahoma
    It should never be legalized,I work in an underground mine and I need to count on those around me.I've seen too many thing's to take a chance on somebody using that crap and getting everybody killed.If it was legal It would be no time before we would see it everywhere like work.I can't believe most of you would support pot being legalized.

Based on this argument, I would expect you to support re-banning alcohol... is that your position?

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009

Based on this argument, I would expect you to support re-banning alcohol... is that your position?

Or how about your job requires everyone to get a minimum of 8 hours of uninterrupted sleep each night. No kids crying, no telephones ringing, nothing...if you don't get 8 full hours, you cannot come to work.

samot

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 9, 2009
    Your mamas house
    I can't believe most of you would support pot being legalized.
    I cant believe you wouldnt....
    Do you have an ocasional drink of an evening or a few beers after work??? Cause there isnt any difference ...
    How many people you heard of dying of marijuana poisoning??? 0
    Bet ya cant say that about alcohol.....:twocents:

Glock22

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Mar 22, 2009
    Bedford
    If it was I know several people that their life would greatly improve.Like a 6 year old girl,a 8 year old boy that could eat better for one and not see their Mom worry about money because ''Dad'' blew it all on alcohol.You know there's alot of people living like this.

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    If it was I know several people that their life would greatly improve.Like a 6 year old girl,a 8 year old boy that could eat better for one and not see their Mom worry about money because ''Dad'' blew it all on alcohol.You know there's alot of people living like this.
    But as we stated before, it is not because of the pot or alcohol...it is because of the person choosing to not be responsible. Your argument is the same as saying guns kill people.

Glock22

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Mar 22, 2009
    Bedford
    But as we stated before, it is not because of the pot or alcohol...it is because of the person choosing to not be responsible. Your argument is the same as saying guns kill people.
    A person choosing to be responsible applies to alot of things.I just think it would be a bad idea to legalize pot.

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    A person choosing to be responsible applies to alot of things.I just think it would be a bad idea to legalize pot.

The problem is that your whole argument is the same argument that people always bring up when they want something banned. With that kind of thinking caffeine, sugar, salt, MSG, Red Meat, Food dye, cell phones, gas and diesel powered vehicles, and many many other things should be illegal.

I'm sorry, but your argument holds no water.

rich8483

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 30, 2009
    Crown Point - Lake County
    Yes sir, That is a fact.

I agree with legalizing it.
    But i disagree with whomever said to tax the crap out of it. Ya see thats the problem. It cant be taxed cause you COULD (if legal) plant it right next to your tomatoes in your garden, therefor the gov doesnt get thier cut, if its kept illegal the gov still makes money off of it :twocents:
    eh, people can make their own beer or wine too and it still works. i plan on planting grapes along all my fence lines this spring for wine. some people will grow their own but others will be too lazy or not have enough room, or be in states where the weather does not lend itself to the growing of pot.

im not saying tax the crap out of it, im just saying that it would work.

RachelMarie

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 9, 2009
    well hang on, there is a difference between drunks and people who have a few drinks now and again with dinner and of course stoners and people who have a joint or two now and then.

when they become stoners or drunks, they have become irresponsible. that is thier fault of course, not the substances fault.

I see this point. Anything over occasional, is irresponsible. I guess it boils down to what "now and then" means to you.

Poll added.

voted

thats pretty much what i was gonna say. Marajuana is the lesser of 2 evils
    :yesway:

Just so its said... you (in general) might be quite surprised at the folks that are very well respected professionals in our community that smoke pot on a regular bases, and even their peers don't know. I'm talking about people I know, not just making a generalization. MD's, attorney's, Public Safety, and large business owners.

People have no clue hoe true this statement is.

Honey, Benadryl makes people loopy too. Should that be banned as well? Or how about this...People who work in dangerous eviroments should have to be tested randomly! What's so hard about that?

---------------------------------------------------------------
    I'm not a smoker anymore but used to be. I used to do a lot of things I'm not exactly proud of. Someone smoking pot is not going to make me not be their friend as long as they know I don't and they don't bring it to my house or around my family. It is what it is folks. It's a plant. Period.

rich8483

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 30, 2009
    Crown Point - Lake County
    that person would be drinking whats called moonshine if it were illegal. people that have problems like that arent responsible enough to care it its legel. he probably drives drunk. thats already illegal. i dont know him, but he might show up to work hungover too.

look, alcohol is legal in my house too and i dont have any of those problems.

2ADMNLOVER

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    May 13, 2009
    West side Indy
    Makes INGO look bad for even beiing tied to such a thing.Sorry

How so ? I don't see Fenway / INGO endorsing it do you ?

We talk about everything else don't we , but we're not supposed to talk about pot ?

What with over 8,000 members , you don't think we have any smokers here ? PAALEASE !

Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Oct 3, 2008
    On a hill in Perry C

And what makes you so sure they don't use it now? Just because something is illegal doesn't mean squat.

groovatron

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Oct 9, 2009
    calumet township
    Let history tell the story... Pre Prohibition, ETOH was one of the highest crimes. Post Prohibition, to reduce crime... its now related to 90% of vehical related death, and 80% of isolated trauma. Not to mention 100% Fetal Alcohol Syndrome. And all white folks dancing.

Not saying that legalizing pot would make it a record buster, however I remember a bunch of buddies that had no problem smoking and driving in H.S. and college, imagine if it was legalized... only a speculation.

This arguement is no different than gun law arguements. Stupid people are going to get baked out of their mind and drive around regardless of whether it's illegal or not........Just like stupid people are going to carry around handguns and commit crimes regardless of whether it's illegal or not. Making laws to prevent stupid people from doing stupid things only hurts the law-abiding citizen in the end................and the stupidity goes on....:twocents:

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 29, 2009
    But none of this changes its current illegality.
    So maybe a better question would have been, for the apparent pot-lovin' majority here on INGO - How would one go about petitioning State officials to de-criminalize it?

Top Bottom