• What is your view on marijuana?

• Total voters

techno.m3

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 17, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    I somehow misread the poll options and voted wrong.

I'm strongly in favor of complete legalization. I saw an interesting quote yesterday on campus. "Herb is the healing of a country, alcohol is the destruction of it."

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    And if I were going to buy it, why in the world would I buy swank? :dunno:

Going rate for dirt weed was about $50 an oz. They did say you can own up to six plants. depending on how you grow them, you can easily gain a full pound from each plant. ;) I hear you can still buy the seeds online.

God I wish they would just legalize it. I can still taste it's beautiful taste.... It's been 6 years too long.

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Bloomington
    In my opinion everything that is illegal, is illegal for a reason. Now there are laws that i dont agree with, like the seatbelt law, because i hate wearing a seat belt. BUT it is a proven and researched fact that seatbelts SAVE lives.

The same goes for marijuana. If it had the same effect on the human body as tobacco did then it wouldnt be illegal! Now i have never smoked marijuana personally, but i have seen people when they are under the influence of marijuana and i could immediately tell they were impared.

Now alcohol is obviosly illegal, and one could argue that you can get way more "messed up" or impared from alcohol....BUT there is a way to detect how much alcohol a person has consumed. And therefore, there is a legal limit when it comes to comsuming alcohol. With marijuana there is not, no one can prove you have smoked any marijuana at all without a urine test, and even then it is unclear how much that person consumed or how impared they were. I truly believe that if there were a similar test to the breathalizer, for marijuana, that could detect how impared the person was or how much they consumed....then marijuana would be legal. BUT its not, and i dont believe it ever will be.

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    In my opinion everything that is illegal, is illegal for a reason. Now there are laws that i dont agree with, like the seatbelt law, because i hate wearing a seat belt. BUT it is a proven and researched fact that seatbelts SAVE lives.

Ok, well lets spin it this way. Having no guns in the world has proven that no one will get shot and killed. Ever. So it should be ok to ban guns right? Government has no business making laws "for our own good". Period.

BTW, Pot is much safer than Alcohol. Also, Period.

XDinmyXJ

Sharpshooter
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 30, 2009
    Columbus, IN

Agreed, I watched a show on marijuana on the history channel the other day. back in the 30's when they made it illegal they were putting out videos and movies depicting the people who smoked it as murderous psychos. Its not the case at all. The only thing I have seen a stoner murder is a bag of doritos!

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Agreed, I watched a show on marijuana on the history channel the other day. back in the 30's when they made it illegal they were putting out videos and movies depicting the people who smoked it as murderous psychos. Its not the case at all. The only thing I have seen a stoner murder is a bag of doritos!

I watched one murder a bush before. He was so stoned he fell off a porch wall into it and split the bush in half... :dunno: :):

Seriously, you have more control over your actions while you're stoned than you do when you're drunk. Proven fact. No one can ever claim insanity just from being stoned.

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Bloomington
    Ok, well lets spin it this way. Having no guns in the world has proven that no one will get shot and killed. Ever. So it should be ok to ban guns right? Government has no business making laws "for our own good". Period.
    I believe this is right for the most part...but in the big picture the government does need to make certain laws for our own good. Im not saying the government should have total control or even most of the control over the people. But there is a line where i think government should step in, especially when it comes to one person not having enough sense to prevent themselves from unintentionally hurting or killing another person because of their imparement.

No arguement here...I have seen people do things that are unexplainable when consuming alcohol, but when it comes to marijuana i havent really ever seen anything terrible...but i havent been around it hardly at all either

and i KNOW that there have been atleast 10x more deaths related to alcohol than marijuana

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    I believe this is right for the most part...but in the big picture the government does need to make certain laws for our own good. Im not saying the government should have total control or even most of the control over the people. But there is a line where i think government should step in, especially when it comes to one person not having enough sense to prevent themselves from unintentionally hurting or killing another person because of their imparement.

We'll just have to agree to disagree on this one. Government has NO right to make laws for our own good. Seat belt laws, smoking laws, pot laws, drinking laws, whatever. For the most part, people can police themselves and those that make stupid decisions will have to live with it for the rest of their lives. Real criminals, murderers, armed robbers, rapists, shouldn't go to jail either. Bring back Public Hanging and Beheading.

As for Marijuana deaths, I've never heard of anyone overdosing on pot, and only very very rarely hearing about anyone getting violent or dangerous on pot. :dunno: Can't say that about alcohol.

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Bloomington
    Well thats what makes America so great. Anyone can think or believe any way they want. Shoot, if we were all the same it would probably be scary.

I totally agree with you that alcohol is and can be more dangerous/hazardous than marijuana. I think i heard somewhere that it is physically impossible to die of an overdose of marijuana, a doctor said that you would die of smoke inhalation before you could actually smoke enough pot to kill you.

But nonetheless....I respect your point of view, and it really is a good argument. It has been argued now for almost 80 years!

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Well thats what makes America so great. Anyone can think or believe any way they want. Shoot, if we were all the same it would probably be scary.

I totally agree with you that alcohol is and can be more dangerous/hazardous than marijuana. I think i heard somewhere that it is physically impossible to die of an overdose of marijuana, a doctor said that you would die of smoke inhalation before you could actually smoke enough pot to kill you.

But nonetheless....I respect your point of view, and it really is a good argument. It has been argued now for almost 80 years!

It's awesome that we see eye to eye on this. Most people who've never tried it refuse to believe me when I talk about it and I lived it!

As far as overdosing, it is possible, but I couldn't possibly see anyone ever doing it. According to a professor at the University of Illinois who's specific charge was to study Cannabis for the government concluded that a person in their 20's weighing around 170lbs would have to smoke 1 pound in one sitting to overdose.

Think about this. One pound. The average smoker will get high off one or two joints. Chronic smokers get high off of 3-4-5 joints. I can tell you from experience that after 33 blunts in one sitting, it's physically impossible to smoke anymore. That's between 3 people sitting in a basement. You just get so high that not only does it become a waste, but your body just says stop. No More.

Never in my life have I seen anyone come close to smoke a half pound in one sitting to themselves let alone a full pound. It's just not possible. Ok, well, anything is possible, but that would have to be one crazy s.o.b. and he would have to train his body to be able to achieve that. :n00b:

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008
    NE Indiana
    There have been several writeups about K2 and mephedrone in the news lately. Both are currently legal but states are taking steps to make them illegal. Both are supposed to simulate the high of MJ.

Top Bottom