• What is your view on marijuana?

• Total voters

redneckmedic

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Greenfield
    i dont thing thats being a language nazi. that clears things up. and may help the case.
    what exactly is a narcotic then?

In a U.S. legal context, the term "narcotic" specifically refers to opium, opium derivatives, and their semi-synthetic or fully synthetic substitutes, as well as cocaine and coca leaves.

Here is a long list
    http://www.incb.org/pdf/e/list/46thedition.pdf

Heroin
    vicodin
    demerol
    darvocet
    percocet
    morphine
    codine

I probably butchered the spelling up on most of those, but you get the idea.

Fletch

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 19, 2008
    Oklahoma
    Legalize it. All of it. Every drug should be legal and available over the counter. Let Consumer Reports tell us what they're good for. Disband the FDA and the DEA and let them find real jobs doing something productive for a change.

rich8483

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 30, 2009
    Crown Point - Lake County
    Legalize it. All of it. Every drug should be legal and available over the counter. Let Consumer Reports tell us what they're good for. Disband the FDA and the DEA and let them find real jobs doing something productive for a change.
    i dont agree. i think a lot of the harder drugs should stay illegal unless their "misuse" is STRONGLY regulated. by that i mean no hallucinogenic drugs while driveing/working/gun range/etc. the problem is, i think with some drugs, you loose your self control and are not capable of being rational and responsible making it impossible to regulate like that.

as far as prescription drugs. i like that a pharmacy can tell me if it will interact/or is safe to take but the need for a prescription does get annoying.
    sometimes youll get sick and know what you need already from a past experience but still need to go pay a doctor to write you a script.

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake

Let history tell the story... Pre Prohibition, ETOH was one of the highest crimes. Post Prohibition, to reduce crime... its now related to 90% of vehical related death, and 80% of isolated trauma. Not to mention 100% Fetal Alcohol Syndrome. And all white folks dancing.

Not saying that legalizing pot would make it a record buster, however I remember a bunch of buddies that had no problem smoking and driving in H.S. and college, imagine if it was legalized... only a speculation.

EXCELLENT point. I think it should be just as legal is alcohol is, but it should also have the same repercussions when you get behind the wheel while you are intoxicated.

Wow...Of all of the great points you've made on this board, this is one of my favorites.

I'd rather surround myself with "stoners" than "drunks" ANY DAY.

I'd rather not surround myself with either.

DodgebyDave

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    Superwoman syndrome fuels pill-pop culture

Overwhelmed overachievers turn to prescription drugs for an edge
    What was the topic? Medical Mary? Lots of paranoid, delusional, no basis in reality opinion up in here about the evil evil mary.

What was it mom said? There was a group of fellas out there trying to get me hooked up on druggggggggggzzzzzzzzzzz so they would make a lot of money and I would be a hooked sheeple.

Mah Momma warned me about them fellas.

Superwoman syndrome fuels pill-popping - Behavior- msnbc.com

Popping a couple of pain pills helped Laurie J. Besden study night after night. They helped her pass the Pennsylvania bar exam. They helped her get more done in a day than many of her colleagues. Then they helped her land in jail.
    :rockwoot:

Start of a secret addiction
    After graduating from the Dickinson School of Law at Pennsylvania State University in 1999, Laurie Besden felt overwhelmed by the pressure to pass the bar. So she stole a box of Vicoprofen, which contains the narcotic painkiller hydrocodone, from her ex-boyfriend's father's house and popped two pills. She had heard the medication could offer a burst of energy and ability to focus."I had energy to study for 12 hours and then clean the house like a superwoman," recalls the 35-year-old from Plymouth Meeting, Pa. Eventually, her two-a-day habit grew to 20 a day.
    "and they go running for the shelter of their mother's little helper"

"Side effects may include heart attack, stroke, and death. Please consult your physician before taking........"

Yeah, momma warned me about those fellas

God makes grass, man makes everything else, WHO DO YOU TRUST?

Keep parroting what you are told sheeple.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I8DReBotGTo"]YouTube - Smuggler's Blues = Glen Frey 1985 ( from Miami Vice TV Show )[/ame]

'Presidential Secrets'--Former CIA Operative Chip Tatum Speaks

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xhOzIQ1-CmQ"]YouTube - Allen West: Define the Enemy: What it takes to win in Afghanistan[/ame]

Pay particular attention to what Lt Col. West says starting at 6:36

I'll **** in a cup right after the politicians **** in cups on nationwide TV

Last edited:

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    It seems the majority of participants believe it should be decriminalized.

Assuming it was legalized for everyone, would you go shooting while high?

Eddie

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 28, 2009
    North of Terre Haute
    I've always felt that we go too far to make "things" illegal when what we are really worried about is behavior. By that I mean that we aren't really concerned that someone has marijuana in their pocket, we are concerned about what they might do after they ingest it. We let people possess alcohol and punish them for what they do when they drink if they misbehave. Why not treat other drugs the same way? In other words why not stop chasing our tails trying to catch everyone who is lighting up and just come down hard on the people who misbehave when using drugs. Those who could control themselves would have nothing to fear.

ATF Consumer

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 23, 2008
    South Side Indy
    EXCELLENT point. I think it should be just as legal is alcohol is, but it should also have the same repercussions when you get behind the wheel while you are intoxicated.

I disagree to a point here...they should provide repercussions for your reckless or irresponsible driving, not because you may be intoxicated.
    The whole premise that being intoxicated is breaking some kind of moral law is an outrage...like being charged with public intoxication is bad. :rolleyes: All that is is big brother taking away rights from you from owning your own body.

Again, all I am suggesting is they should enforce against the action, not the substance...and that goes for all drugs.
    I don't care that some drugs may cause people to lose control, when that happens, there should be stiff consequences for those actions that cause harm or injury to others or their property. Let us all have control of our own bodies, then we may actually feel like the constitution is being supported here.

Fletch

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 19, 2008
    Oklahoma
    It seems the majority of participants believe it should be decriminalized.

Assuming it was legalized for everyone, would you go shooting while high?

Don't assume by my advocacy of legalization that I have ever or would ever use such drugs. I've had alcohol and some pretty wild prescription pain pills after surgeries, but I'm not really interested in getting high. My main point of interest is in the morality of telling other people -- at gunpoint -- what they may or may not ingest for whatever reason they may have for ingesting it.

Drug prohibition fails the gun-to-mom's-head test, and fails it miserably. That's why I'm against it.

JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    Don't assume by my advocacy of legalization that I have ever or would ever use such drugs.

Exactly. I neither partake, nor advocate that others do so. But I advocate their CHOICE to do what they want for themselves...as well as to take any consequences that are bound to that action.
    I'm not in the market to buy or use, but I'm not willing to put a gun to your head in the name of the State and tell you that YOU can't either.

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    Don't assume by my advocacy of legalization that I have ever or would ever use such drugs. I've had alcohol and some pretty wild prescription pain pills after surgeries, but I'm not really interested in getting high. My main point of interest is in the morality of telling other people -- at gunpoint -- what they may or may not ingest for whatever reason they may have for ingesting it.

Drug prohibition fails the gun-to-mom's-head test, and fails it miserably. That's why I'm against it.
    I crossed the line of intent with that question, as it is not relative to my OP. I'm not assuming anything about you. I respect the fact that there are folks who don't like to "lose control" of themselves, in however form they characterize it. By the tone of your post, it sounds like you are morally against the use of such devices, as well as the .gov telling you you cannot use if your choose. You're not alone. There are many who feel the same way.

It is not my intent to argue the effects of marijuana on a person, as it is impossible to explain to someone who has never used it. It affects each user differently. I have seen people smoke marijuana for the first time and have no effect at all, and I have seen people smoke marijuana and pass out shortly after. There are a lot of in betweens, too.

There will be the usual arguments of it not being healthy, causing laziness, changes in cognition, or it's bad for whatever other reason. But there are equal counter-arguments that it is an effective sedation, it stimulates appetite, decreases nausea, lowers blood pressure, etc etc etc...

Fletch

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 19, 2008
    Oklahoma
    I crossed the line of intent with that question, as it is not relative to my OP. I'm not assuming anything about you.

I understood that was probably the case. My statement was also more general, like yours... more for the audience at hand than the participants.

Top Bottom