• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Redskinsfan

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 25, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    Picture #1: Why is her finger on the trigger and the hammer isn't even cocked?! Also, she would have better stability if she allowed her right knee to rest on the ground. Lastly, her support hand is improperly placed on her shooting hand. If she is going to shoot a 1911, she should to it properly!

Picture #2: Again with the trigger and improper ready stance! :rolleyes:

No one could disagree the 1911 is the better looking gun in these photographs! :gotpics:

Finally a positive contribution to this thread. I am referring to the pictures and not just Que's remarks about same. Actually mostly the pictures.

Terry

JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    Picture #1: Why is her finger on the trigger and the hammer isn't even cocked?!

Probably because neither the model, nor the photographer knew anything about guns and were just attempting to take a cool/sexy/badass picture (that actually comes across dorky looking to those who understand the functions).
    Picture #2: Again with the trigger and improper ready stance!
    Probably because neither the model, nor the photographer knew anything about guns and were just attempting to take a cool/sexy/badass picture (that actually comes across dorky looking to those who understand the functions).

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    How can one be mad if they own a Glock or a 1911?

Most of the world have neither the funds nor the legal right to own either. Sometimes we get so flushed with our freedoms that we have to look for things to be mad about. This is one of those times.

Besides, if you have a Smith and Wesson revolver why would you want either?;)

INyooper

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 19, 2009
    North Central IN
    One of the things that occurred to me while reading this thread (and recalling others like it) is that they are often based on the assertion that the choice is an either/or decision. In reality, and assuming I could afford to do so, my "firearms want" list (which does include a variety of S&W revolvers, among others :D) is much, much, longer than my "firearms I can afford" list.

Because I have limited funds (I do like to eat once in a while, have a nice warm place to lay my head, and a variety of other "nicessitates"), I really can't afford "one of each." Without considering these sorts of things, and seeing that I do own two Glocks, some would take it that I don't care for other pistols. Actually, nothing could be further from the truth.

If anyone would like to test my claim, feel free to donate, give, even "long-term-loan" me any firearm you're willing to part with. You'll get no complaint from me. :D

EvilBlackGun

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   1
    Apr 11, 2011
    Mid-eastern
    Gunners buy what they like.

The top seller, by an overall figure of 7,ØØØ,ØØØ "sold", not given away to LEO and military in slightly over 26-yrs. is Glock. 1911 is next - that is, nearly 5,ØØØ,ØØØ personally bought and put into use, but the years is "over 100" so it's a long, long way from matching the Glock record. Now you may parse in any of the other guns, and many of them are really GREAT guns, but not in the popularity race. Gunners buy what they like. I own 4 Glocks, and also 7 "something elses." Gunners buy what they like. You cannot p0ss off 1911 owners or Glock owners; we just don't care whether you have any opinion. Buy what you like. EBG

WILSON

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Dec 26, 2008
    Top, left-hand corne
    I my reading on this forum I have notice that the majority of subscribers are either Glock owners or 1911 shooters. While I have absolutely no problem with this I often wonder why. I have fired many handguns in my life and don't see anything special about them. I will start with the 1911: A revolutionary firearm 100 years ago. Soak the last 3 words there for minute... I have been to competitions were more than 1 1911 shooter is bleeding from trying to beat a jam out of a 1911.

Now I will move on to the glocks. I hate them. It has nothing to due with the way they function. I just hate them, they are ugly and feel like a toy your hand. I know everyone will say "LEO's carry them because they are the best" I say to you stop and think about that statement( I mean I know some cops and I am not trusting their opinion on this subject). I DO NOT think these are poor firearms or that people that choose these are dumb. I just want to know What is all the Hype?. After shooting a number of both I'll stick with the SIG and the Wheel guns. Let harsh words begin!!!

picture.php

Also, EVERYONE knows that Glocks are made of ceramic and cannot be detected by metal detectors! :xmad:

;)

Fullmag

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Sep 4, 2011
    Why start this thread? To stir the pot and step back and watch? Any gun has highs and lows, along with opinions to go with it.

wrigleycub

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 29, 2010
    West side of Indy
    I know everyone will say "LEO's carry them because they are the best" I say to you stop and think about that statement( I mean I know some cops and I am not trusting their opinion on this subject).

Actually, cops are paid by governments which equals all of their equipment is provided by lowest bidder. Governmental equipment committee's decide what they like in a firearm, belt, boots, truck, car etc.......etc...... They then put out the specs they like in said piece of equipment or whatever. Then the bidding starts.......Glock can just afford to provide all the likable features at the cheapest rate.

On a side note i'm not on either side of this argument....to me guns are like motorcycles, beer, and well uhhhhhuuuummmm that other thing guys like a lot. Like them all, haven't found one I didn't like!

garyindiane

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 13, 2011
    Bright, Dearborn County
    Yeah I agree with the OP

I hate completly reliable, light weight polymer guns

And I hate 100 year old designs. That were so good they have basically remained unchanged for 100 years.

My firearms are tools. They proform the task I assign them very well.
    I dont need a pretty Hammer. I need one that will put a nail into wood every time.

Maybe I should get rid of my rubber tires on my car because they are ugly, or my 200 yard hunting muzzleloader because it's a old design.

There is a reason why 1911's and Glocks are so popular. Dispite the reasons you listed they are the most popular. That alone should tell you that your logic is wrong.

I cant believe I added to this madness...
    Have a good day sir and troll on

-Gary

Top Bottom