• 85t5mcss

Master
    Rating - 95.2%
    20   1   0
    Mar 23, 2011
    Zionsville-NW Indy
    This thread is full of troll.

keep posting...... you're almost to 50.
    We have a winner! Well, a couple winners.

But, to answer the OP's insult (IF that is what it is)...
    Glocks-Functional, simple, accurate, functional, easy to handle, fit well, reliable, light weight......you get the idea

1911s-good design by a gun guru, functional, perform well, fit like a glove, fires no problem......only flaw are some rough edges on non-beavertail and maybe a little heavy if you are a lightweight or very slim.

If you were trolling, then TOO BAD, I like 1911s and Glocks, but also like quite a few others as well.

GMack_1

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 31, 2009
    Montgomery Co.
    beat a jam?

I my reading on this forum I have notice that the majority of subscribers are either Glock owners or 1911 shooters. While I have absolutely no problem with this I often wonder why. I have fired many handguns in my life and don't see anything special about them. I will start with the 1911: A revolutionary firearm 100 years ago. Soak the last 3 words there for minute... I have been to competitions were more than 1 1911 shooter is bleeding from trying to beat a jam out of a 1911.

Not sure what "beat a jam" out of a 1911 means? I've heard of tap-rack-bang. If it doesn't go bang then drop the mag, rack three times, re-insert mag, tap-rack-bang again. If it doesn't go bang throw weopon away and search for another one. Unless, you are shooting holes in paper. Then you are sure to get all kind of "expert" advice from the dudes shooting next to you.

For Glock haters out there, if you have one and absolutely hate it, PM me and I'll take it off your hands free of charge. Same goes for 1911 haters. Oh, by the way, for those of you poo-poo the .380 round I'm still in search for someone who will "take one for the team" to prove it's ineffectivness. No takers so far...

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    1911s are ugly.

Glocks are a work of art and one will be one of the first handguns I buy.

See how it can work the other way around? :):

I like both for different reasons, and you can own both so that's great.

I also have a thing for Beretta, Sig, Springfield, Cz, Smith & Wesson, Walther, Colt ... etc.You get the idea. ;)

So many guns, so little money. :(

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    The world is full of different guns because it's also full of different people. For me, I like 1911s and CZs. And Mosins. Almost forgot AKs, ARs and SKS's. I also like cheap high mileage BMWs and Fiats. I don't know why I like what I like, but I do know what I like. I don't know why I don't like what I don't like, but I do know that I don't like what I don't like.

God help us if we all liked the same thing. Think of how boring life would be if there was only one kind of gun in the counter at your gun shop. If a gun case were full of just 1911s, would they look as good as they do when they're sitting next to some Glocks? I think not :).

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    If a gun case were full of just 1911s, would they look as good as they do when they're sitting next to some Glocks? I think not :).

:n00b:

2851596050_75d22bf257.jpg

mcolford

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 8, 2010
    Well.... You asked for it.

You are being a d-bag. Just trying to start drama, and at the same time, trying to drive up your post count so you can be cool enough to buy and sell on here. Well, unfortunately for you, you missed "50 QUALITY Posts", and trying to start a petty debate is far from quality.

But not to be a post whore, I will chime in that I love my Glock. It does what I want it to do, a very easy to maintain design, shoots well, and isnt all flashy, which is what I prefer.

-MColford

Armed-N-Ready

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 25, 2009
    Ft. Wayne
    50 quality posts.

I think he's looking to have his counter reset. Pretty lame post trying to gets someone angry just for the sake of adding a post.

Lucion

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 30, 2009
    Avon
    I love to shoot all 3 of my 1911s and they behave well and have never needed a beating, my Glock has always treated me well and is my little buddy that goes with me everywhere.

And oh yea, what he says.

You are being a d-bag. Just trying to start drama, and at the same time, trying to drive up your post count so you can be cool enough to buy and sell on here. Well, unfortunately for you, you missed "50 QUALITY Posts", and trying to start a petty debate is far from quality.

-MColford

farmerdan

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 31, 2009
    I own glock's and 1911's and many other's. Why does it matter what everyone likes. As other's have said TROLL... Dan

Sailor

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 5, 2008
    Fort Wayne
    I believe the guys that teach classes and say that after millions of rounds the Glocks are the most reliable. I dont know jack. I defer to them and use the tool they recommend, regardless of how it feels in my hand.

Fordtough25

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.1%
    111   1   0
    Apr 14, 2010
    Jefferson County
    I my reading on this forum I have notice that the majority of subscribers are either Glock owners or 1911 shooters. While I have absolutely no problem with this I often wonder why. I have fired many handguns in my life and don't see anything special about them. I will start with the 1911: A revolutionary firearm 100 years ago. Soak the last 3 words there for minute... I have been to competitions were more than 1 1911 shooter is bleeding from trying to beat a jam out of a 1911.

I have a variety of pistols including several 1911's and Glocks, they all shoot great. I even get my old Walther P38 out every once in awhile and plink with it. :yesway:

Top Bottom