• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Fishersjohn48

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Feb 19, 2009
    Fishers
    I really don't think the guy is just trying to get his post count up. Been a member for a few months and posts every once in a while. That being said he did stir up a hornets nest that is best left alone. The debate, nay argument will continue forever.

MilitaryArms

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2008
    I believe the guys that teach classes and say that after millions of rounds the Glocks are the most reliable. I dont know jack. I defer to them and use the tool they recommend, regardless of how it feels in my hand.
    Glocks didn't get to where they are in terms of being in as many holsters as they are by accident. They're boringly reliable and shoot well for a lot of people. They have become the standard by which polymer striker fired pistols are measured... not to mention it's probably the most copied gun in the last 10+ years.

wintram

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Jun 9, 2011
    My God! Talk about a bunch of crybabies. Just because I asked "what's the hype". To all the people who used reason or humor and attempted to answer thanks. For all the whiners: reset the count I really don't care. I have nothing to sell and if I want to buy I can else where that really had no bearing on this post. I simple provoke a conversion if you were offended get over it. If saying a glock is ugly really upsets you, You might need to seek a mental health professional because you have issues. As far as the you tube vid do a search for a glock or 1911 jam and you will get the same results. I find it funny that some of the people on this thread are saying a 1911 is flawless then in another thread try and help someone else with a FTF for a 1911. I say reset if you want I didnt call anyone names or berate them for having an opinion

MilitaryArms

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2008
    You mean calling others on the forum "crybabies" isn't name calling?

Here I thought being called a crybaby was in fact name calling... although I'll admit it's been about 38 years since I was in grade school and actually heard someone call someone else a "crybaby" so I might have a wire crossed.

Cam

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 7, 2008
    Tipton County
    My God! Talk about a bunch of crybabies. Just because I asked "what's the hype". To all the people who used reason or humor and attempted to answer thanks. For all the whiners: reset the count I really don't care. I have nothing to sell and if I want to buy I can else where that really had no bearing on this post. I simple provoke a conversion if you were offended get over it. If saying a glock is ugly really upsets you, You might need to seek a mental health professional because you have issues. As far as the you tube vid do a search for a glock or 1911 jam and you will get the same results. I find it funny that some of the people on this thread are saying a 1911 is flawless then in another thread try and help someone else with a FTF for a 1911. I say reset if you want I didnt call anyone names or berate them for having an opinion

"crybabies, whiners, etc"

Nope, no name calling there. Nana nana boo boo...

This thread is full is lose.

wintram

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Jun 9, 2011
    You mean calling others on the forum "crybabies" isn't name calling?

Here I thought being called a crybaby was in fact name calling... although I'll admit it's been about 38 years since I was in grade school and actually heard someone call someone else a "crybaby" so I might have a wire crossed.
    Seriously? Okay. I didn't do any name calling until I was called names. I though crybabies was more PC than whiny a@# Bi%#@$&

MilitaryArms

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2008
    Seriously? Okay. I didn't do any name calling until I was called names. I though crybabies was more PC than whiny a@# Bi%#@$&
    Oh, so now we're applying more school yard logic to the discussion I see...

We have the good old "two wrongs make a right" argument being trotted out.

digging-a-hole.jpg

I think it's perhaps time for the old "I'm taking my ball and going home" routine.

:D

duffman0286

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 3, 2011
    Wayne Co
    well if you post count was a bit higher maybe that would help your cause alittle.... but your comments dont bother me i own both glock and a springfield 1911 i love them both my glock is more of a carry weapon doesnt get the same red carpet treatment as my others ( glocks are reliable right out of the box and we often put them to work with or with out a break in period) at least the gen 3 down are....

personal im very unbiased when it come to one firearm to another glock are fun, 1911 are classic, love my high power, i think makrovs are cool, love playing with my browning highpower, and my nagant revoler is so ulgy i had to have one there all great in my eyes and the other ones are great pieces of history....

however on your sig note id never buy one unless it was a east german model to me its not a real sig made anywhere else

minx

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    SW Indiana
    I own neither a 1911 or a glock. I got my eye on a M&P, and that Springfield DX maybe DXm. Need to try them out. So a read this thread to figure out, am I missing something. I have not seen any light here.

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg

You are absolutely right that the Glock is an ugly gun. However, to criticize the 1911 is almost sacrilegious. Besides 1911's don't have FTFs, they just refuse to accept casings that have been shot through a Glock! Check the video and you will see that the shooter used reloads that were shot out of one of those monstrosities and the 1911 was offended that its shooter would subject it to such a low state of use. No need to apologize, I can sense your sorrow and all is well, now.

MilitaryArms

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2008
    Cops carry Glock ...Why , Because Glock was the LOW BIDDER .....

:ingo:

You base this opinion on what evidence? I know many departments don't issue firearms but instead have a list of approved weapons and the officer picks and buys what he/she wants. These lists often times have a mix of firearms that are approved and not all of them are Glocks. Even given this fact, Glock is the most common weapon carried.

Glock didn't become so hugely popular because it under cut the competition on price, it earned the respect of working men and women.

Glock also dominates in the civilian training world. Places like Saurez Int and Tactical Response are loaded with instructors and students using the Glock.

dice dealer

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 8, 2008
    Harrison county
    You base this opinion on what evidence? I know many departments don't issue firearms but instead have a list of approved weapons and the officer picks and buys what he/she wants. These lists often times have a mix of firearms that are approved and not all of them are Glocks. Even given this fact, Glock is the most common weapon carried.

Glock didn't become so hugely popular because it under cut the competition on price, it earned the respect of working men and women.

Glock also dominates in the civilian training world. Places like Saurez Int and Tactical Response are loaded with instructors and students using the Glock.

I sell Glocks for a living :D

Top Bottom