• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    You base this opinion on what evidence? I know many departments don't issue firearms but instead have a list of approved weapons and the officer picks and buys what he/she wants. These lists often times have a mix of firearms that are approved and not all of them are Glocks. Even given this fact, Glock is the most common weapon carried.

Glock didn't become so hugely popular because it under cut the competition on price, it earned the respect of working men and women.

Glock also dominates in the civilian training world. Places like Saurez Int and Tactical Response are loaded with instructors and students using the Glock.

Agree.
    If police departments took the low bidder they would all cary Hi Point guns. :rolleyes:

Glocks are also used by many military, special forces, police units, and protective services all around the world.
    It's not just in the US.

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    The warning pretty much means "let it go and get back to the topic", not "keep provoking each other".

k thx

Smoov

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 27, 2011
    Illinois
    Too each their own IMO. Buy and shoot what you like and want or like I tell my fiance NEED. I personally think the glocks hk's and m&p's look ugly. But hey, from what I've read those and the xd line are the top plastic guns out there. I have an xd9sc and xdm9. I first went with reliability. Plenty of options. Then the caliber that's the cheapest. Then what I thought looked nice. My xdm is my batman gun.

When I decided I wanted a 1911 it was when I came across the EMP. But read so many issues with it. Read a lot of great things about it. I ended up going with the xd9sc. It was between that or glock. About a month ago I heard about STI and for the American built ones is $1,000 and up. More I read more I came across problems with the type of bullet you should use. Same with kimbers and Springfield 1911's. First thought was that these nice 1911's are double the price of plastic and more issues. But I understand why a 1911. I'm actually ordering a STI Trojan 1911 next week. Just think everyone should own a 1911. Especially in this year of 100 years. Wouldn't mind a STI high powered 1911/2011 on the 100 year anniversary in year 2011. But $2,500 I just can't do.

My uncle which was the Sheriff for over 12 years until he retired said he would only use a wheel gun.

So too each their own.

Oh, Ford all the way lol.

CampingJosh

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 16, 2010
    I don't like Glocks. They don't fit my preferences, so I don't own (or want) any.
    Doesn't mean they are bad guns. They're just not for me.

I like the 1911 much better, but it is not my favorite handgun, either.

686 Shooter

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Feb 20, 2010
    Huntington County
    Out of the hundreds of guns that I have owned in my lifetime, I like S&W 686 revolvers the best. I am not saying they are the best, I'm saying, I like them best. I have never had one fail me, never had one jam, and never sold one. I have owned S&Ws, Colts, Sigs, Walthers, Lugers, Glocks, Rugers, Etc., I like them all, I just prefer S&W. I think Glock makes a nice handgun, but they are not my "thing". I think some of the ugliest auto-loaders made were also pretty reliable, and that would be Ruger. I don't think this debate is going to get settled on this forum, and really, why should it? My opinion is, It's your money, you worked for it, buy whatever kind of gun you want, no matter how ugly it is, carry it however you want, and know deep down in your heart, you really wished you would have bought a S&W revolver.

INyooper

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 19, 2009
    North Central IN
    Hmmm ...yes, I see ... :rolleyes:

Sorta like walking into a biker bar and yelling out "Harleys and Indians suck!" I'm sure that, too, would encourage some interesting "conversationizing."

Really, in the grand scheme of firearms, life, and bacon flavored popcorn, does it really matter that much? :dunno:

Riflemen14

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 15, 2010
    Wells County
    Just wanted to add my :twocents:

1911babe02.jpg

glockgirl2.jpg

All of them are beautiful, right :rockwoot:

Pyroponce

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 31, 2011
    South Bend
    This topic sounds like fun! Let me try to **** off some fan boys.

Glocks are just so reliable that it's boring. I mean really! What's the point if your life isn't on the line because your Glock functions so perfectly, rain or shine. Plus they're ugly as sin!

As for the revered 1911, well, it was definitely the best a hundred years ago. But everyone knows that the only reason that it was kept as standard issue until 1985 is because the military bought eleventy billion of them during WWII, and so it was merely cost effective to keep breaking down for repair parts for another four decades. Not so special now, hmm?

ETA: That was hard to say, since I really like them both. I just like being the devil's advocate :D

rbrthenderson

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 12, 2010
    The Moon
    I own both and I'm mad at myself for taking the time to read through 8 pages of this thread.

I agree!

I own both types and love both types. And speaking to the whole "Glocks are ugly" thing. Guns are tools. I don't care what it looks like, I care how it functions. The 5000+ rounds I've fired through my G17 made in 1988 without a single failure shows me how it functions. Who knows how many were fired through it before I got it.

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    Just wanted to add my :twocents:

1911babe02.jpg

glockgirl2.jpg

All of them are beautiful, right :rockwoot:

Picture #1: Why is her finger on the trigger and the hammer isn't even cocked?! Also, she would have better stability if she allowed her right knee to rest on the ground. Lastly, her support hand is improperly placed on her shooting hand. If she is going to shoot a 1911, she should to it properly!

Picture #2: Again with the trigger and improper ready stance! :rolleyes:

No one could disagree the 1911 is the better looking gun in these photographs! :gotpics:

Top Bottom