• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • UncleMike

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    NE area of IN
    change the patches and boom, whats the difference? besides the skill level? certain police teams are paramilitary units if ive ever seen one. they intentionaly skirt the law by claiming to be police when by their actions and looks its clear they think they are the military and the guardians of freedom, :laugh::laugh::laugh:
    The difference is that The Military is under the direct control of The President of The United States.
    Posse Comitatus was promulgated to prevent the POTUS, who is Commander In Chief of the Military, from taking control of the Civilian Police Authority and enforcing Martial Law.
    It's part of the "Checks and Balances" enacted in our Governmental system to ensure that a Military dictatorship isn't allowed to take over.

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    The difference is that The Military is under the direct control of The President of The United States.
    Posse Comitatus was promulgated to prevent the POTUS, who is Commander In Chief of the Military, from taking control of the Civilian Police Authority and enforcing Martial Law.
    It's part of the "Checks and Balances" enacted in our Governmental system to ensure that a Military dictatorship isn't allowed to take over.

so are the cops anymore too. police state

they are making sure that the people cannot exercise their right to change things if they see fit. we are slowly being made impotent and the cops are helping lead the way.

FCSD 23-18

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 22, 2011
    If you believe me wrong, make your point. Making comments regarding the functioning of my brain is hardly the way to convince me or anyone else. I am far from a cop-hating nutjob: I respect those who do their job which is to defend my rights and the rights of other citizens and to uphold the Constitution. These men did neither, and I explained my reasoning why I see it that way.

Yelling "Police! We have a warrant!" is not a sufficient reason to prepare to not defend myself and let in many people who are both heavily armed and impossible to identify due to their bulky, dark-colored and intimidating clothing. Again, my fear is not unfounded as you can see by the links I provided before. He should have done exactly what he did: prepare to defend himself, but wait to identify his targets before opening up. Once he had seen proof that they were police and that they did indeed have a warrant, he most certainly should have dropped his weapon and gone peacefully. But not before.

I am willing to have someone prove me wrong, and to admit that wrong. I will not, however, admit that I was wrong based on a comment lacking any manner of logic or reasoning and which was intended merely to make me appear foolish without the need for those wonderful facts that make an argument actually worthwhile. I have seen other posts from you that were intelligent and I thus deduce that you are capable of giving me a well thought out response. I ask that you give me the respect I gave you and any other responder when I made my own intelligent, well thought out response.

If you are willing to be proven wron please read my prior post on this thread, Im not writing it all out agian.

j706

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   1
    Dec 4, 2008
    Lizton
    So Ranger, because you have nothing else to say to me you are having every one of your friends post negative feedback for me? That's very mature of you. Pick fights, lose them, then just have all of your buddies hit negative feedback. Silencing those who you disagree with, hmmm that sounds very familiar.

That is how they operate. Visit the ignore section and you won't have to read their trash. My ignore list is getting large.

FCSD 23-18

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 22, 2011
    Good night guys, I had a good time debating this with you. Stay safe and we will do it agian sometime I am sure. God bless.

thompal

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 27, 2008
    Beech Grove
    You're a cop entering the house on a raid...you know the suspect is an Iraq war veterain Marine. You bust through the door with your firearm at the ready position. Next thing you see is Jose coming around the corner with his rifle in hand at the low-ready position(hypothetically speaking since many doubt he ever pointed the rifle at the cops).

What is your move? Do you check to see if the safety is on/off? Do you hope he doesn't raise the weapon and shoot you in the blink of an eye...because he will before you can even get a shot back(action beats re-action). You might kill him shooting back, but he might already have killed you as well. Do you shout for him to drop the weapon, because as you're saying drop...you might be catching bullets in the teeth.

So armchair quarterbacks, what say you? :popcorn:

I say that since the the DHS has been telling cops for a couple of years that veterans are dangerous terrorists or militia members, and since the cops involved believe themselves to be a part of an elite military force, the ingrained reaction would be to shoot the citizen, whether they are armed or not. After all, they may have a handgun behind them. They may even have a hand grenade in their butt cheeks, and are simply waiting to be proned by the police before performing the butt-clench of death on them.

PatriotPride

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 18, 2010
    Valley Forge, PA

And we can see how well that's working, can't we? :rolleyes: Seems to me that it's about damn time someone started holding police officers accountable.

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    That is how they operate. Visit the ignore section and you won't have to read their trash. My ignore list is getting large.

J706 ignore list:

* constitution .... CHECK
    * declaration of independence .... CHECK
    * bill of rights .... CHECK
    * non criminal citizens .... CHECK
    * E5RANGER ..... CHECK, CHECK, CHECK, & CHECKED again

I can only guess.

PatriotPride

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 18, 2010
    Valley Forge, PA
    If you are willing to be proven wron please read my prior post on this thread, Im not writing it all out agian.

Wow. Such condescension...the man asks you, POLITELY I might add, for you to make your point and to conduct yourself like an adult, and THIS is the reply you give? Shame one me for actually thinking you'd react differently. :n00b::noway:

PatriotPride

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 18, 2010
    Valley Forge, PA
    Got a news flash for ya bud.
    Police Officers in Indiana can enforce any State Statute anywhere in the State. :)

EPIC FAIL. I HAVE a news flash for you, "BUD". Guess it's a good thing that I am no longer an Indiana resident, as is clearly stated underneath my avatar. You do, of course, know where Valley Forge is, don't you? :n00b:

:laugh::laugh::laugh: All in good fun...let that be a lesson on situational awareness :):

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    EPIC FAIL. I HAVE a news flash for you, "BUD". Guess it's a good thing that I am no longer an Indiana resident, as is clearly stated underneath my avatar. You do, of course, know where Valley Forge is, don't you?

:laugh::laugh::laugh: All in good fun...let that be a lesson on situational awareness :):
    I think their jurisdiction extends to Valley Forge now,atleast on the internet it does :n00b:

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 5, 2011
    EPIC FAIL. I HAVE a news flash for you, "BUD". Guess it's a good thing that I am no longer an Indiana resident, as is clearly stated underneath my avatar. You do, of course, know where Valley Forge is, don't you? :n00b:

Granted, I thought that it was merely a patriotic reference rather than an actual place of residence, so he might have said the same even if he had read it. Good point about that situational awareness, though.

Top Bottom