• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • thompal

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 27, 2008
    Beech Grove
    The training of the officers? They didn't look disiplined or well trained to me. Maybe not C4 but why not a flash bang. You don't need explosives to make a door. We have seen one tape and one fact we can see is that was anything but a stack. Music going on in the background? They really took this as a seriuos threat. **** poor trainig and leadership is the problem. Police shouldn't just follow orders blindly, I think they should be held accountable for their actions even if they were just following orders.

At the risk of violating Godwin's Law, I will point out that the "just following orders" excuse was used before, and didn't work then. I'm not sure why people think it should be allowed now.

UncleMike

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    NE area of IN
    i'll make sure i rub myself down with honey and wear my chaps for you. but it wont warrant itself because i dont even freakin speed anymore. but if i find out your stalking me i'll make sure I file a formal complaint since you obviously have it out for me and patriot pride. just sayin
    What in the Hell makes you think you're important enough for LEO's to stalk you?? :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
    I'll look up the number for Paranoids Anonymous and PM it to you. :rolleyes:

PatriotPride

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 18, 2010
    Valley Forge, PA
    na, j706 cant even read what I say to him because im on his ignore list, and i guess I "silenced" the other guy :):

My guess is that I embarassed him so I too have been moved to his "ignore" list. Works for me. As far as the "other" guy, he's probably frantically working on his IP address so he won't get booted again. :):

PointFiveO

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2011
    St. Joseph County
    Actually I told a forum Moderator that I wouldn't waste bandwidth with arguing with a couple of trolls. You do know what a troll is right? If so you must surely know that you are engaging in it right now.

thompal

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 27, 2008
    Beech Grove
    If I knew for sure that it was the cops I would set down my weapon, or not grab it in the first place(that would be the safest thing, clearly). If I thought it was a home invasion I would be defending myself and my family.

Here's where your logic falls down. "Knowing it was the police."

There have been MANY instances over the years were cops either did not identify themselves at all, or did so in such a way as it is entirely unreasonable to expect that the people inside heard or understood it. If the police, while staging outside the door, say "police" is it reasonable to expect that those inside are close enough to the door to hear it, don't have on headphones listening to music, aren't in the bathroom taking a shower, aren't watching TV, talking to a family member in another room, or aren't asleep?

If you, as a homeowner, ARE EXPECTING the police, perhaps because you are a criminal, then it could be argued that you, as a criminal, should now that those breaking down your door in the middle of the night, are police.

If, however, you are a law abiding citizen, minding your own business, is it logical for your first thought upon hearing someone kick in your door, to first assume that it is the police and that you should immediately disarm yourself?

So, by your logic, as a homeowner, you should never be prepared to defend your family from home invasion because it is presumably the police breaking into your house, or possibly you should wait for an intruder to provide positive ID that they are, indeed, a criminal, before arming yourself.

I would say that, not logically expecting it to be the police, a lawful homeowner should respond with force to a home invasion, while a criminal should disarm, since he can logically expect it to be the police.

This would leave us with a situation where the police would only be greeted by people with firearms when breaking into law abiding citizens' homes, because criminals would reasonably expect it to the police entering to serve a warrant.

j706

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   1
    Dec 4, 2008
    Lizton
    Here's where your logic falls down. "Knowing it was the police."

There have been MANY instances over the years were cops either did not identify themselves at all, or did so in such a way as it is entirely unreasonable to expect that the people inside heard or understood it. If the police, while staging outside the door, say "police" is it reasonable to expect that those inside are close enough to the door to hear it, don't have on headphones listening to music, aren't in the bathroom taking a shower, aren't watching TV, talking to a family member in another room, or aren't asleep?

If you, as a homeowner, ARE EXPECTING the police, perhaps because you are a criminal, then it could be argued that you, as a criminal, should now that those breaking down your door in the middle of the night, are police.

If, however, you are a law abiding citizen, minding your own business, is it logical for your first thought upon hearing someone kick in your door, to first assume that it is the police and that you should immediately disarm yourself?

So, by your logic, as a homeowner, you should never be prepared to defend your family from home invasion because it is presumably the police breaking into your house, or possibly you should wait for an intruder to provide positive ID that they are, indeed, a criminal, before arming yourself.

I would say that, not logically expecting it to be the police, a lawful homeowner should respond with force to a home invasion, while a criminal should disarm, since he can logically expect it to be the police.

This would leave us with a situation where the police would only be greeted by people with firearms when breaking into law abiding citizens' homes, because criminals would reasonably expect it to the police entering to serve a warrant.

The guy has five felony arrests based on probable cause. That is a criminal in my book. And the raid was not done in the middle of the night. I think our guy knew or at least should have known he was going to get a visit sooner or later.

j706

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   1
    Dec 4, 2008
    Lizton
    It seems to me that it'd be a bit...hard to explain why you took your police cruiser outside your regular jurisdiction and decided to issue a citation to/arrest a person say 2 hours north. Does your Department not have limits on where you can drive your cruiser? To use one of your arguments---just because you CAN do something...doesn't mean that you should. :twocents:

Anyway---kinda a pointless threadjack. I do enjoy watching the peeing contest though, so carry on. :popcorn:
    Hate to break it to you but I actually have two take home cruisers. With one I have state wide use and a fuel card. The other is county and connecting county unlimited use.

And just because I can does not mean I will. Actually I write very few tickets because I know people are going through tough times. With that in mind I don't have the heart to write them except for serious violations.

PatriotPride

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 18, 2010
    Valley Forge, PA
    Hate to break it to you but I actually have two take home cruisers. With one I have state wide use and a fuel card. The other is county and connecting county unlimited use.

And just because I can does not mean I will. Actually I write very few tickets because I know people are going through tough times. With that in mind I don't have the heart to write them except for serious violations.

I'm glad my tax dollars aren't being peed away in such spectacular fashion. 2 take-home vehicles and a gas card? I wonder if the taxpayers in your area are aware of the misuse of their money. :n00b:

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    If it's that offensive I'll be banned.

In and of itself, it wasn't. Taken as a whole and especially when the man asked you very politely to change it, I think it's offensive. Take a couple of days off to think about it. When you come back, please try being civil. It's possible to disagree without being disagreeable.

Thanks.

Blessings,
    Bill

PatriotPride

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 18, 2010
    Valley Forge, PA
    The guy has five felony arrests based on probable cause. That is a criminal in my book. And the raid was not done in the middle of the night. I think our guy knew or at least should have known he was going to get a visit sooner or later.

Arrests do not equal convictions. Therefore, unless he has been found guilty by a jury of his peers, he is not a criminal. Again, I ask, how many of his arrests resulted in convictions? :n00b:

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    OK, maybe my other post wasn't clear. This one will be. The insults stop now. The rudeness stops now. Be civil or be gone. Focus on the discussion, not the person.

Thank you.

:mods:

AZ Hunter

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 20, 2010
    Tucson, AZ
    What's amazing to me is I leave for an hour, come back and the thread gets further and further off topic. Im just sitting here enjoying my midwest popcorn in the southwest and just scratch my head. I believe majority believe SWAT being cleared was gonna happen either way right??

Top Bottom