• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    I can't help but wonder what all is encoded in “The Justice Department will work tirelessly to protect and advance reproductive freedom."

:tinfoil:
    It means they will add rape to the list of other crimes they only prosecute when committed by conservatives

If you're raped by a progressive, it is just 'reproductive freedom'

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    People that like to kill babies be mad…
    View attachment 207964
    Only ~14% of the US population live in rural areas. Trump got ~75 million votes in 2020. This "person" is bad at math.

But anyway, rural people tend to tote guns. I looked up "the south's middle finger to America" THAT **** is talking about us! Bitch, please. But Indiana is a middle finger? :faint:

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I am asking honestly. Certainly not trying to play a gotcha game.

That said, your response sounds pretty darn close to the argument that pro-life folks often make. If a baby or child can be raised by someone other than the mother, than why the need for abortion on demand? (And I'm not trying to misrepresent that you're advocating for that.)

ETA: Why does the left viscerally hate and even vandalize pregnancy crisis centers that advocate for adoption over abortion?

Based on your last few responses, it would seem your position is much closer to the conservative position that it is to the leftist position that abortion is justified for any reason up until the moment the baby is born, and in some cases, after.
    Probably for the same reason far right wing extremists bomb abortion clinics. They have a worldview driven opinion that justifies the violence.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I wholeheartedly agree.

That said, the gent made his own user name. Even if it might be a good description of himself, it doesn't lend to good discourse among gun owners, right?

How many of his lefty friends in congress voted NO on the gun control bill last week?

Just sayin', if you come in looking for a fight, you'll likely get one. ;)

I don't see anything in his demeanor that would suggest he came here for a fight.

JEBland

INGO's least subtle Alphabet agency taskforce spy
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Oct 24, 2020
    South of you
    BodilyAutonomy.jpg

This was posted on the registry of faces earlier.

My reply of
    It's not a red herring. In fact, the post's argument is strawmanning the issue.

The argument isn't about attaching strings and treating women as a marionette to use her body. An abortion is a deliberately decided action - when and in what circumstances is that action justified? "My body, my choice," is a great slogan, but it's not actually a reasoned argument.

When is an abortion taking a human life? To answer that, we have to know when human life begins. Zygotes are living biological objects, but they're not humans. Classifying a fertilized egg as a human life is pretty tenuous, too. Calling a 7 month, 8 month fetus a human life is not nearly as dicey to call human. So, where's the line? Where is it exactly? That might be subjective, but it being subjective doesn't make it nonsense. And that subjectivity is the point of the legislative branches.

How do we classify a platypus? A tomato? There is in fact subjectivity to that until we set down definitions to remove ambiguities.
    was met with a reply that it's a post about bodily autonomy and not a political point.

cg21

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    May 5, 2012
    I will say I am VERY glad that these people are taking this position they are making my argument very easy….. my body my choice / medical freedom. Let’s apply this across the board and revisit the vaccine and mask issues. AND they are strongly advocating for the constitution and all the rights within it…. So let’s focus on the amendments and rights that are actually written down! Let’s start with the first amendment (conservative censorship) and then we can move to the second. (Disarming law abiding Americans)

I like where this is headed. Thanks liberals you are fighting for the same side as me now.

Bugzilla

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 14, 2021
    DeMotte
    There are far more important problems facing the nation than under what circumstances murder of the unborn should be allowed as national policy

22 states allowed some form of access to abortion prior to Roe and the decision is returned to the states, abortion is not outlawed. It is unlikely abortion will not be available. The decision to sanction murder of the unborn was forced upon those in disagreement for 50 years. That is also not how you achieve consensus
    I also believe much of the political upheaval is that the abortion industry (PP) was/is a money spigot back to the liberal politicians. One of their back door money sources is about to take a big hit.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    The idea of State's rights is fine. I think that's the right level to address this issue. How many pro-life activists are willing to leave it there? I think the next step for them is to push for a national law banning it in every state. I think we're headed straight for civil war at this point anyway, and that would probably push it to get started much quicker.

ljk

Master
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    May 21, 2013
    Well, how many are go getting?

These babies have to go somewhere, but where?

While you lit up the fireworks and bring out the champagne, this is the reality the entire society has to face.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Well, how many are go getting?

These babies have to go somewhere, but where?

While you lit up the fireworks and bring out the champagne, this is the reality the entire society has to face.
    Well, you know they have these contraceptive methods these days for those engaging in "wanted" sex. Been having sex since I was 17 (I'm 62 now) and have never gotten anyone pregnant. Crazy, right?

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    DJLouis
    Top Bottom