Lame Saturday Night Activities: How Bad Is It?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    I've been trying to figure out what is wrong with my Raspberry Pi and/or the touch screen. I think it is the touchscreen. Which means buying another touch screen to test with. If it is the screen, then I return it or try to get it replaced. I will then have a spare screen just in case. If it isn't the screen, then I am not sure since I replaced the Pi, the cables and power supply. Only one part left to replace. (I happen to have two Pis, I ordered spare cables and a second power supply for the second Pi).

Raspberry Pi? Is it connected to a video camera?

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    My Saturday night consists of trying to get my kids to bed and reading countless INGO threads.

That sounds like the best one tonight.

My activity is just coming to an end.
    16 hours at work, where it seems like everything wanted to break, and do so in an unusual manner.
    The best I could say, it was 75 degrees on the cast floor, instead of the summer temps over 130.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    It sounds delicious. I could eat a slice of raspberry pi.

I heard of "Raspberry Pi" for the first time on Wednesday at the Avon HS Robotics Team Open House. It was in their competition robot and connected to the on-board camera. What it does? I dunno. These kids will start Skynet.

zer0day

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 1, 2019
    Munster
    Watching reruns of American Greed on CNBC. Searching Amazon/eBay for deals on DVI to HDMI cables. Drinking cans of PBR. And like others, I'm INGO'ing.
    10 years ago I never thought I'd be sitting here doing this. But 10 years ago I was smoking pot like it was legal so I wasn't thinking 10 years ahead, I was thinking about snacks.

Jeepfanatic

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 25, 2018
    Plainfield
    Wife worked 7-7 yesterday. She got home, ate dinner, put the girls to bed and made it another 45 minutes before going to bed. It's funny/sad how much having a 2.5 year old with an internal alarm clock set for 0515 really affects your schedule.

Haven

Network Warlord
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 6, 2016
    Camby Area
    I heard of "Raspberry Pi" for the first time on Wednesday at the Avon HS Robotics Team Open House. It was in their competition robot and connected to the on-board camera. What it does? I dunno. These kids will start Skynet.

No, I don't have a camera on mine.

The Raspberry Pi is a microcomputer. The one I was messing with is going to control my network (switches, router, wifi access point). The other one will be used as a Linux Workstation for messing around with things.

The touch screen is mainly because I didn't want to put a full sized monitor in my network closet. I have a small one I could put in there if I had to though.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Multivariate Calculus is now in the bag. I missed one on the final exam (one of the simpler problems, don't know what happened), but after the professor made some adjustments (curve/rescaling) my final exam score was well over 100% and my semester score was a littler over 100% as well. More importantly, I relearned some important stuff and my understanding of vector calculus is better now than it was when I was an engineering student in the 1980s, when it was critically important knowledge. I'm reading the classic DIV, GRAD, CURL, and All That by HM Schey and it's making a lot more sense to me now than it did in the late 1980s and early 1990s.

Statistics starts 03/18/2019.

Now I start shopping for online data analysis degree and certificate programs.

JeepHammer

SHOOTER
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 2, 2018
    SW Indiana
    I'm doing calculus homework.
    On a Saturday night.
    At age 53.

Lame.

I ground wheat into flower for the wife for fresh bread & biscuits on Sunday morning, then I broke out pear butter to see how it turned out in last falls' canning, and watched some episodes of a Canada comedy series called 'Corner Gas'.
    Next to 'Red Green', the show 'Corner Gas' is the best thing to come out of Canada TV.

Not exactly a roaring night in my 20s, but at just shy of 60 it was a rockin' night with my best girl!

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    ARGH! Found out today that my tuition waiver only covers 6 credit hours. Multivariate Calculus was 4 hrs, and the Statistics class is 3 hrs. I had to fork over some cash I was not expecting to fork and at a not-so-great time given my lack of full time employment.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Haven't reported here in a while (been busy).

I decided to take Statistics for the second half of the semester. It's a lot of work compressing 16 weeks of assignments into 8 weeks. Today I had to take a day off from my temp job to take the midterm exam in about an hour. I'm losing a full day of pay plus losing a weekly attendance bonus, but this needs to be done and in the long term is worth more than a day of a temp job.

So far I have completed:

ACCT101 - Accounting 101
    MATH211 - Calculus I
    MATH212 - Calculus II
    MATH261 - Multivariate Calculus

And now I am about half way through MATH200 - Statistics.

Top Bottom