Lame Saturday Night Activities: How Bad Is It?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    I'm awake early to prepare for my midterm exam at 13:45 today. I will feel much better when it's complete (and I get a good score). We get to take a sheet of 8x11in paper with notes to the exams, so I am preparing mine right now (taking a break).

Final exam is 03/08/2019. The pace of the course is a little too fast for comfort, but it will be good to finished with the series of calculus courses in just four weeks. After that: differential equations and probably some statistics and data analysis coursework.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    I'm home from the multivariate calculus midterm!

I had time to check my work, but the facility where I take the proctored exams is stingy with scratch paper. I ran out of room to check my work, but I thought I had everything verified. When I submitted, I was expecting the sweet success of 100% and green checkmarks by each problem number. D'OH! 93.33%!!

I'm not sure what I missed, but it's not good that I didn't catch my errors (again). Very disappointing!

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    I indulged myself with a little mental rest and relaxation following my midterm by doing no homework or studying last Saturday or Sunday. Then for some reason, I extended my laziness through Monday and Tuesday, which was clearly a big mistake because it's past 1:00 and I am just now stopping to get some rest. I am still working on the homework due tonight at midnight and I have only completed one of the two quizzes also due tonight. Unfortunately I made an algebra error and earned my lowest score for the course so far (90%), which is not helping my average. UGH. I have one more section to study, complete the related homework problems, and then take the quiz over the last three sections. I am tired!

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    rhino hereby issues the following statement for the INGO record.

1. It is my opinion that given the transformations x = u/(u^2+v^2), y = - v/(u^2+v^2) and the grid {(u,v): (u = 0,1,2,3 and 2<= v <=4) or (v = 2,3,4 and 0<= u <=3)}, creating a sketch of the u-curves and v-curves is a significant challenge;
    2. On 02/20/2019, rhino was unable to overcome the challenge presented previously;
    3. rhino is not too proud to ask for help (he sent a message to the professor already); and
    4. rhino is tired. Of math.

That is all.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Done for the week with Module 06 of 08! Whew! Course average is currently 97.95%.

Next week is the last full week of new material. The following week is half new material and then I take the final exam on 03/08/2019.

That will conclude the full battery of Calculus I, Calculus II, and Calculus III (multivariate calculus).

I will probably do a statistics class over the summer session, then try to find the first Differential Equations course online for the fall 2019 semester.

But for now, I need to concentrate on finishing this class!

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Katie Pavelich subbing for Judge Janine. :rockwoot:

lGFcqJH.jpg

Yeah, "no life" here...

Squander

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   0
    Jun 27, 2014
    South Bend
    From calculus to this. I can't figure this thread out.[

QUOTE=bwframe;7839815]Katie Pavelich subbing for Judge Janine. :rockwoot:

lGFcqJH.jpg

Yeah, "no life" here...[/QUOTE]

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    I'm in the final stretch now . . .

• All reading, homework, and quizzes for new material are completed!
    • Remaining assignments for score include one last "review" homework set and the Final Exam itself.
    • I will also complete a "practice" final exam to . . . practice.

I learned that I don't want to do this in 8 weeks anymore, even if I have no other rigidly scheduled responsibilities. A 16-week span is a lot less stressful, although it will be nice to be finished so soon.

After the exam, I will decide if I want to take the remaining 8 weeks of the semester "off" or if I want to enroll at the last minute in an 8-week condensed statistics class. I am leaning toward doing the class, as I do not anticipate that it will be as demanding as the course I am in now.

maxwelhse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2018
    Michiana
    Editing YouTube videos of working on cars that are worth less than your shoes and contemplating starting a NOT rodding thread so we mere mortals can play too... :cool:

Sigblitz

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 25, 2018
    Indianapolis
    2 year old granddaughter here. Rally burgers (yuk). Posted at the TV watching Live TV. Taking in the infinite wisdom of INGO, like how do match up a bearing.

Haven

Network Warlord
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 6, 2016
    Camby Area
    I've been trying to figure out what is wrong with my Raspberry Pi and/or the touch screen. I think it is the touchscreen. Which means buying another touch screen to test with. If it is the screen, then I return it or try to get it replaced. I will then have a spare screen just in case. If it isn't the screen, then I am not sure since I replaced the Pi, the cables and power supply. Only one part left to replace. (I happen to have two Pis, I ordered spare cables and a second power supply for the second Pi).

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    I've been trying to figure out what is wrong with my Raspberry Pi and/or the touch screen. I think it is the touchscreen. Which means buying another touch screen to test with. If it is the screen, then I return it or try to get it replaced. I will then have a spare screen just in case. If it isn't the screen, then I am not sure since I replaced the Pi, the cables and power supply. Only one part left to replace. (I happen to have two Pis, I ordered spare cables and a second power supply for the second Pi).

I don't even know what that is! Sounds like a tablet of some kind?

Top Bottom