Kut's Trump Approval Thread #1 (Starts Out at 100%)

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    So the excuse is that the Democrats set up Trump Jr, because they knew he was stupid? Lol.... I'm going to have a shot of snapps for that one (and it seems plausible, lol). Prost!

Kut (loves the stupidly defense)

It doesn't seem to me that they're using it as an excuse. Seems to me they're using it to say you don't really care, and that the only reason you do care is that it's Trump. (Rhetorically "you", of course)

Warrior1354

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 25, 2017
    Carthage
    All you need to know is Trump had two scoops of ice cream and he's a racist for putting the hat back on a Marines head who happen too be black. Those two things alone call for his immediate impeachment!

I'm for one am about getting to the real issues affecting this country and not wanting to listen to the people that hug their tear-stained pillows every night.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    So the excuse is that the Democrats set up Trump Jr, because they knew he was stupid? Lol.... I'm going to have a shot of snapps for that one (and it seems plausible, lol). Prost!

Shouldn't that be stupidity defense?

I'm just sayin' ............ :popcorn:

Dddrees

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2016
    Central
    I can see how anyone in active duty or retired would have extreme difficulty saluting a Commander in Chief lacking integrity and of low character. I'll grant you that. However, life offers us choices and choose we must.

With the choice of having this clown at the top, but with him giving Mattis fairly free reign to accomplish his mission with field officers and NCOs actually able to make decisions without consulting a lawyer first...

Versus 4/8 more years of top-down micro-management to the nth degree, charged with completing the mission with both hands tied behind their backs and a microscope up their rectum...

I guess I have no choice but to hold my nose and choose the clown.

Wish there was another choice... but there wasn't. Such is life sometimes... no good choices.

Agreed! (just to say something different, lol)

Yep, integrity has always been a sticking point for me.

Dddrees

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2016
    Central
    All you need to know is Trump had two scoops of ice cream and he's a racist for putting the hat back on a Marines head who happen too be black. Those two things alone call for his immediate impeachment!

I'm for one am about getting to the real issues affecting this country and not wanting to listen to the people that hug their tear-stained pillows every night.

Unfortunately a Sh** Show won and a Sh** Show is what we got.

Indy-Mike

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jul 5, 2013
    Carmel
    None. There were none.

We had, as Jamil has repeatedly highlighted, a binary choice between two deeply flawed candidates. Many justified voting for a horrendous candidate by voting in accordance to party allegiance. Others justified their decision by selecting "the lesser of two evils".

One thing we heard a lot in conservative circles was talk about holding Trump accountable for his negatives. That talk all but disappeared from the conversation following the election. The very same people who screamed that the sky is falling every time Obama played golf or made a stinging wisecrack seem to find the same behaviors from Trump simply delightful.

It's hypocritical coming from side of the discussion that claims to value small government, distributed powers, and checks and balances...and it just reeks of government by Cult of Personality.

To me, Trump carries the appearance of would-be oligarch, not a populist reformer. Like Obama before him, he has a flair for saying exactly what his base wants to hear, exactly when they need to hear it.

What we have is exactly what we voter for: Evil, lesser as it may be. Trump is approaching 200 days is office with Republican control of both houses of congress, and has accomplished nothing notable but get Gorsich to the bench. Even there my excitement is tempered. As an atheist I have some reservations with how his ideology might influence his decision-making. Still, in most respect he is a far better choice than any HRC would be likely to nominate.

Let's face it: a choice between HRC and Trump is frightening because the president wields too much power. We have allowed the executive to amass far more influence than that office was ever intended to access. Handing over the presidency to evil, even a lesser one, would be less fearsome if the office didn't seemingly bestow a crown upon the head of its occupant.

It was infuriating to watch Obama supporters obsfuscate and define away his wrongs. It is even more infuriating to watch conservatives do the very same thing...we claim to hold ourselves to a higher standard. It's nice to hear, but I'd like to see that ideal in action a little more than I do.

I'm going with the tried and true.....

what he said!

Last edited:

jrockne

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2012
    My apologies for only following this thread for the last 30 pages or so, but can someone please explain why the updates seem to have stopped? Surely these last two months have been worthy of a move in one direction or another.

SheepDog4Life

Natural Gray Man
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 14, 2016
    Upstate SC

I don't buy the conspiracy theory (that it was a DNC setup) as both the lawyer and lobbyist had been going around Washington DC for years lobbying on the Magintsky Act/Russian adoptions... so what about the dozens, if not hundreds, of other government officials and legislators that these two met with over the years? Are they also suspected of colluding with Russia, or is this a just a case of #ButButBecauseTrump?

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    None. There were none.

We had, as Jamil has repeatedly highlighted, a binary choice between two deeply flawed candidates. Many justified voting for a horrendous candidate by voting in accordance to party allegiance. Others justified their decision by selecting "the lesser of two evils".

One thing we heard a lot in conservative circles was talk about holding Trump accountable for his negatives. That talk all but disappeared from the conversation following the election. The very same people who screamed that the sky is falling every time Obama played golf or made a stinging wisecrack seem to find the same behaviors from Trump simply delightful.

It's hypocritical coming from side of the discussion that claims to value small government, distributed powers, and checks and balances...and it just reeks of government by Cult of Personality.

To me, Trump carries the appearance of would-be oligarch, not a populist reformer. Like Obama before him, he has a flair for saying exactly what his base wants to hear, exactly when they need to hear it.

What we have is exactly what we voter for: Evil, lesser as it may be. Trump is approaching 200 days is office with Republican control of both houses of congress, and has accomplished nothing notable but get Gorsich to the bench. Even there my excitement is tempered. As an atheist I have some reservations with how his ideology might influence his decision-making. Still, in most respect he is a far better choice than any HRC would be likely to nominate.

Let's face it: a choice between HRC and Trump is frightening because the president wields too much power. We have allowed the executive to amass far more influence than that office was ever intended to access. Handing over the presidency to evil, even a lesser one, would be less fearsome if the office didn't seemingly bestow a crown upon the head of its occupant.

It was infuriating to watch Obama supporters obsfuscate and define away his wrongs. It is even more infuriating to watch conservatives do the very same thing...we claim to hold ourselves to a higher standard. It's nice to hear, but I'd like to see that ideal in action a little more than I do.

"You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to PaulF again."

Well said.

Very well said.

OK, if we're going to get into a bidding war...EXTREMELY WELL SAID! :):

Lol, your post wasn't up when I was typing.

Well, I hope y'all repped him because I couldn't. Something about having to spread rep. Which is ironic since rep now isn't cumulative, because in real life I have a really hard time trying to spread zero around.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    My apologies for only following this thread for the last 30 pages or so, but can someone please explain why the updates seem to have stopped? Surely these last two months have been worthy of a move in one direction or another.

I think Kut still updates, but it's in a specific post. After so many posts though you can't go back and edit the OP. So maybe Kut will post a link to the post where he tabulates.

This thread kinda inspired some others to make their own tallies. For awhile I tallied min in my signature area. But it's just too much to try to keep track of it all and be consistent so I just stopped. To be consistent I'd have to pay attention to everything trump says or does. I just don't have the attention span for that.

Brad69

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 16, 2016
    Perry county
    Warrick Indiana Alcoa

They are restarting the Smelter and recalling 275 jobs.

The local news had an interview were the employees gave thanks to the President.

The Chinese aluminum flood has stopped so your beer cans can be made out of US materials.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011

Im jet setting, bro. In Berlin now (4:54pm). There are some things I need to go a look back at, sure, but this is a thread on the President's political actions, and policy. Dumb unproven accusations aren't accounted for in scoring.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Steve44
    Top Bottom