Kut's Trump Approval Thread #1 (Starts Out at 100%)

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    It's the MIGHTY Quinn. Not the Almighty. Based on Anthony of the same name in The Savage Innocents.

Dude it is f'd up how much of the same stuff we are in to...One of the greatest documentaries EVER..And I believe one of CSN's (Maybe Crosby???) dad was a cinematographer on that film....I remember hearing that when Southern Cross came out one of them said "I got my love of sailing from my dad who sailed with and was cinematographer on the documentary "The Mighty Quinn."

[video=youtube;liIQLIx2Onw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=liIQLIx2Onw[/video]

Fargo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    In a state of acute Pork-i-docis
    Dude it is f'd up how much of the same stuff we are in to...Greatest documentary EVER..And I believe one of CSN's (Maybe Crosby???) dad was a cinematographer on that film....I remember hearing that when Southern Cross came out one of them said "I got my love of sailing from my dad who sailed with and was cinematographer on the documentary "The Mighty Quinn."

I knew that song as "Quinn the Eskimo". I thought it was about a drug dealer, but apparently not.

Dddrees

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2016
    Central
    It's the MIGHTY Quinn. Not the Almighty. Based on Anthony of the same name in The Savage Innocents.

1968_19.jpg

Ah, and I initially thought it came from a Zappa song. Oh well, I thought it sounded pretty good anyway.

Dddrees

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2016
    Central
    Dude it is f'd up how much of the same stuff we are in to...One of the greatest documentaries EVER..And I believe one of CSN's (Maybe Crosby???) dad was a cinematographer on that film....I remember hearing that when Southern Cross came out one of them said "I got my love of sailing from my dad who sailed with and was cinematographer on the documentary "The Mighty Quinn."

Oh yeah, that's where that came from. LOL

Thank you sir.

Dddrees

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2016
    Central
    Dunno what that means, but if you think I'm a Trump guy you obviously haven't followed my posts on the matter.

I BLAME the Republican establishment for Trumps candidacy and I BLAME the MSM for enabling his success within the primary. The only group that even comes close to having helped him as much is the Dems for nominating an even less trustworthy shell of a candidate because it was her "turn".

Sorry, I guess it just seems that there are so many here that want to act like he can do no wrong.

Last edited:

Fargo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Sorry, I guess it just seems that there are so many here that believe he can do no wrong.
    Remember when the feline grabbing tape came out to show what a doodyhead he was? Remember how the election went after?

The MSM still hasn't figured out that Trump wasn't elected because he was a nice guy or a good person. He was elected in a large part because most of the country was sick of the Obama's foreign policy blunders making us look like Vladimir Putin's female canine pet and because the alternative the Democrats put forth was utterly repugnant.

Attacking him as mean/shrewd/offensive/aggressive/etc. is stupid. Even focusing on his lack of truthfulness is ineffective. He was elected in a large part to be our strongman.

The Russian fixation is a prime example of what the MSM doesn't understand. He was elected because he was perceived to understand and be equal to Vlad, of course they are going to get along in many ways.

The only effective way to attack him IMHO is to attack the substance of his political actions, not to show how mean/coarse/shrewd/untruthful he is. The only way he can be undone in the short term is if he shows himself to be weak.

Dddrees

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2016
    Central
    Remember when the feline grabbing tape came out to show what a doodyhead he was? Remember how the election went after?

The MSM still hasn't figured out that Trump wasn't elected because he was a nice guy or a good person. He was elected in a large part because most of the country was sick of the Obama's foreign policy blunders making us look like Vladimir Putin's female canine pet and because the alternative the Democrats put forth was utterly repugnant.

Attacking him as mean/shrewd/offensive/aggressive/etc. is stupid. Even focusing on his lack of truthfulness is ineffective. He was elected in a large part to be our strongman.

The Russian fixation is a prime example of what the MSM doesn't understand. He was elected because he was perceived to understand and be equal to Vlad, of course they are going to get along in many ways.

The only effective way to attack him IMHO is to attack the substance of his political actions, not to show how mean/coarse/shrewd/untruthful he is. The only way he can be undone in the short term is if he shows himself to be weak.

You may very well be right.

He certainly is the most over the top, spoiled rotten, vain, and extremely childish individual I can think of. Heck, even most foreign leaders are starting to curry favor by catering to these weaknesses.

Dddrees

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2016
    Central
    After the various ceremonies that Trump has attended overseas North Korea might be wise to do the same thing as well. Heck Trumpy just might find a new ice cream eating and golfing buddy if little Kim kisses his butt enough. Oh Trumpy, your so great.

I can see it now as the Tweet will surely be there. Lil Kim called me great, I think we can work with NK. So what we lose Alaska, he called me great.

Kinda reminds me of a Mash episode where as long as you lavish Margret (Trump) with cheap baubles and false flattery Trumpy will do anything you want. LOL

Last edited:

Dr.Midnight

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jul 24, 2011
    Monroe County
    After the various ceremonies that Trump has attended overseas North Korea might be wise to do the same thing as well. Heck Trumpy just might find a new ice cream eating and golfing buddy if little Kim kisses his butt enough. Oh Trumpy, your so great.

I can see it now as the Tweet will surely be there. Lil Kim called me great, I think we can work with NK. So what we lose Alaska, he called me great.

Kinda reminds me of a Mash episode where as long as you lavish Margret (Trump) with cheap baubles and false flattery Trumpy will do anything you want. LOL

95BnaU4.gif

Dddrees

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2016
    Central
    Yeah really, its amazing what lengths leaders in foreign countries are willing to go to flatter this simple minded and vain little man.

Fargo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Yeah really, its amazing what lengths leaders in foreign countries are willing to go to flatter this simple minded and vain little man.
    Barry, for whatever reason, was pretty explicit that other countries should not kiss our butt, and if anything the opposite.

For better or worse, that didn't sit well with the electorate of the lone current superpower. Hence, we elected a guy who not only demands global butt kissing, but also that the rest of the world pay for the privilege.

Assailing him for it makes no sense, it is part of why he was elected.

Dddrees

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2016
    Central
    Barry, for whatever reason, was pretty explicit that other countries should not kiss our butt, and if anything the opposite.

For better or worse, that didn't sit well with the electorate of the lone current superpower. Hence, we elected a guy who not only demands global butt kissing, but also that the rest of the world pay for the privilege.

Assailing him for it makes no sense, it is part of why he was elected.

Maybe that's true, but in the long run there will be a number of times when this actually does us more harm than good. I can't help that his followers fall for this crap. Doesn't mean I have to turn a blind eye.

Fargo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Maybe that's true, but in the long run there will be a number of times when this actually does us more harm than good. I can't help that his followers fall for this crap. Doesn't mean I have to turn a blind eye.

The government we create is nothing more than a reflection of "we the people", my beef is more with us than with the guy we elected.

IMHO Trump is in office because of the catastrophe much of the left was during the Obama years coupled with the worst facets of the right showing through.

Impeaching him, or whatever it is you and Alpo etc. want, does nothing to fix the deep flaws in our society. Trump is a symptom, not a cause.

Dddrees

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2016
    Central
    The government we create is nothing more than a reflection of "we the people", my beef is more with us than with the guy we elected.

IMHO Trump is in office because of the catastrophe much of the left was during the Obama years coupled with the worst facets of the right showing through.

Impeaching him, or whatever it is you and Alpo etc. want, does nothing to fix the deep flaws in our society. Trump is a symptom, not a cause.

Oh, I agree that for a guy like him to win there really are some troubling things going on this just can't be fixed if he goes away. However it is my belief that he does more damage the longer he's there. After all look at the Sh** Storm he"s been able to create in just the short period he's been there. Just can't see it getting any better as long as he's there.

Fargo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Oh, I agree that for a guy like him to win there really are some troubling things going on this just can't be fixed if he goes away. However it is my belief that he does more damage the longer he's there. After all look at the Sh** Storm he"s been able to create in just the short period he's been there. Just can't see it getting any better as long as he's there.
    I never liked Obama as a president, but I also never felt that he should have been impeached.

I don't like Trump as a president, but I also don't feel that he should be impeached, at least not based upon what is known today.

Impeachment does incredible violence to our country's political system and to what our elections mean. Most of the calls for impeachment now are basically calls for repudiation of our current constitutional system.

We elected a guy who we knew was not honest and had tons of bad attributes because there were certain things about him that we wanted. Now we're supposed to impeach him because of those attributes?

BigBoxaJunk

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 9, 2013
    East-ish

I completely agree with the first point, but I've determined that it's unproductive to have a beef with anyone over the fact. You might as well be mad at a tornado for wrecking your house..........and you'd have the exact amount of power to change the tornado that you have to change we the people.

I prefer to look at the presidents as fictional characters in a TV docu-drama.

Dddrees

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2016
    Central
    I never liked Obama as a president, but I also never felt that he should have been impeached.

I don't like Trump as a president, but I also don't feel that he should be impeached, at least not based upon what is known today.

Impeachment does incredible violence to our country's political system and to what our elections mean. Most of the calls for impeachment now are basically calls for repudiation of our current constitutional system.

We elected a guy who we knew was not honest and had tons of bad attributes because there were certain things about him that we wanted. Now we're supposed to impeach him because of those attributes?

We would have impeached Nixon. The country survived, and if you ask me after a time we actually became better and stronger because of it.

So if the evidence exists and we don't know whether it does or not at this point, I say yes impeach him if it becomes evident it rises to that level. Unfortunately impeachment is largely political so those factors will have to be in place as well. So enough people are going to have to agree that even if the evidence exist they won't tolerate whatever cr** he actually did or continues to do.

Time will tell.

Dddrees

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2016
    Central
    I completely agree with the first point, but I've determined that it's unproductive to have a beef with anyone over the fact. You might as well be mad at a tornado for wrecking your house..........and you'd have the exact amount of power to change the tornado that you have to change we the people.

I prefer to look at the presidents as fictional characters in a TV docu-drama.

Unfortunately your not that far off, I mean he is a reality TV star. Also unfortunately if enough people look away we can continue to go down this same path, I mean that is part of the reason we are here. Caring enough or not caring enough does actually have an impact on where we currently find ourselves.

Top Bottom