Kut's Trump Approval Thread #1 (Starts Out at 100%)

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    these days it seems to be implied, if you speak out against Trump, you are automatically an Obama/HRC fan

Because it's just so easy to do. It takes very little brain-power, doesn't hinder them with any of that pesky independent thinking, frees them from having to be challenged on their beliefs...

No different from the hard-leftists calling the right "fascists." Why debate them on their ideas when you can just put a negative label on them and move on?

Someone thinks Trump did something bad? Call them an 'Obama-lover' and be satisfied at how little effort you had to exert!

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    That's just a brunch of crap. You just can't stand your party or someone in your party's actions being called into question. Heck it don't even matter that I find the opposition at times equally guilty. Don't like the message. Kill the messenger.

I don't think that's correct. It's fine to call out hypocrisy as long as the caller acknowledges that it only impugns the motives of the hypocrite and not what is revealed. It's fine to do both. For example, if the press goes to extraordinary lengths to catch Trump doing something wrong, but they did relatively nothing to seek out wrongdoing by Obama, that's being hypocritical because it's under the guise of being the watchdogs for the people. If they were really interested in that role, they'd have been watchdogs for the people when Obama and Harry Reid pulled all the parliamentary tricks to get Obamacare signed into law. The press would squeal like stuck pigs if Trump and the Republicans pulled the very same parliamentary tricks.

That claim of hypocrisy is valid. But. That doesn't invalidate whatever facts they uncovered about Trump's supposed wrongdoing. For you to accuse Bug with that kind of venom, I think should require a higher standard of knowledge about his views than what you've demonstrated.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Where is the fallacy? This has been the norm for a while in this country. ***** about the other side, but when the pendulum swings towards your team it is "well the other side did such and such" as an excuse. The R's did it with Bush/Clinton, then the D's with Obama/Bush, now the R's again with Trump/Obama.

Anytime a criticism of Trump is answered with an "Obama did such and such", it continues. If someone doesn't agree with a criticism, they should respond to the criticism not deflect with some nonsense about how horrible Obama was or Clinton would have been.

Tu quoque (Latin for, "you also") or the appeal to hypocrisy is an informal logical fallacy that intends to discredit the validity of the opponent's logical argument by asserting the opponent's failure to act consistently in accordance with its conclusion(s).

But you misunderstand what bothers me about the situation. To use an earlier example from elsewhere on INGO, if a person wishes to be critical of Trump's spending from the public coffers to weekend in Mar-a lago, then I would like them to also have been incensed when Michelle Obama stayed at a luxury hotel on an overseas trip that had been deemed to expensive for use by the vice president on an earlier trip by him to the same locale.

If this person has only just developed this sense of outrage since Trump is occupying the white house and was not also critical of profligate personal spending by the Obamas, the outrage seems a cheap masquerade not a deeply held belief and the person seems a hypocrite play-acting at moral outrage for political gain

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Maybe I missed it, but can you point to me where he defended or gave a pass to Obama/HRC?

Until it was taken to a more pointed level in a later post, it was meant to be a generic statement of pique composed using the general you and not the specific

If I quote The Stones that "You can't always get what you want" am I addressing only Fargo?

This particular predilection of mine far predates this particular airing, it's what got me on the honor roll (GP's ignore list)

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Until it was taken to a more pointed level in a later post, it was meant to be a generic statement of pique composed using the general you and not the specific

If I quote The Stones that "You can't always get what you want" am I addressing only Fargo?

This particular predilection of mine far predates this particular airing, it's what got me on the honor roll (GP's ignore list)

Quoted for everyone who ignores you just to be ornery.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Because it's just so easy to do. It takes very little brain-power, doesn't hinder them with any of that pesky independent thinking, frees them from having to be challenged on their beliefs...

No different from the hard-leftists calling the right "fascists." Why debate them on their ideas when you can just put a negative label on them and move on?

Someone thinks Trump did something bad? Call them an 'Obama-lover' and be satisfied at how little effort you had to exert!

"It's not a lie if you believe it"

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    I hate both parties. I have attacked, and defended both parties at times. Which of course mean people from both parties think I'm with the other party.

Seems to me, NONE of them really do more than pay any attention to the Federal Government authorized by the Constitution.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I hate both parties. I have attacked, and defended both parties at times. Which of course mean people from both parties think I'm with the other party.

Seems to me, NONE of them really do more than pay any attention to the Federal Government authorized by the Constitution.

:yesway:

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    Depends. Different screen sizes and color modulation can create problems. Some of those "dot" tests give me trouble and I don't think I have any trouble with natural colors.

Then again, why am I taking advice from a one-eyed fat man?

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    You know that means you can still see them both (likely as grey) you just can't differentiate the two colors, right?

It's not what being "red-green" color blind means.:)
    You see red as red and green as green just like anybody else.
    It just means you have trouble distinguishing different shades of red and different shades of green (other colors too).

Otherwise colorblind people would have trouble driving if they saw all traffic lights as grey. :dunno:

In some very rare cases of colorblindness you see all colors as grey.

Top Bottom