Kut's Trump Approval Thread #1 (Starts Out at 100%)

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SheepDog4Life

Natural Gray Man
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 14, 2016
    Upstate SC
    Actually, he ran daddy's legacy down to negative numbers. Bankrupt, until his sisters bailed him out. I saw an article in Fortune or Forbes that said he could have invested in the S&P index and been further ahead after all this time.

What is Trump really worth? No one knows. He values his name at 2 Billion. Is he honest in saying he's worth billions? Real estate developers and used car salesmen are generally pretty untrustworthy.

Ummm... just his golf course holdings are worth billions... and generate $100's millions of annual income.

https://online.wsj.com/public/resources/documents/TrumpFinancialDisclosure20150722.pdf

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Damn Trump is such a loose canon. What a frigging idiot.

You know it might reflect better on you if you quit calling the President a "frigging idiot" and made your case....Kut and I agree that ANYONE who gets to be President of these United States is not an "idiot".....While I disagreed with Obama on many fronts I refused to doubt his intellect nor call him names...

There are good people on here that support Trump...I am not one of them..I mean I support Trump but I am not "good people".....

Just something you should consider...I disagree with Bernie Sanders but I would never call him a "frigging idiot" because that would reflect bad on me...Not Bernie...It would show that all I have is slurs and name calling....It would really reflect bad on me if I did that.....

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    I believe they are making the case that in 20 years she'll be as qualified to be POTUS as Trump is. Was. Whatever.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    You are criticizing Trump for not starting out penniless. Chelsea is the epitome of a silver spoon baby, not Trump

You brought up his family bailing him out of bankruptcy. Do you think Chelsea would even be allowed to fail

What does Trump's personal wealth/net worth have to do with the job he is doing? If he really is worth 10 billion, does that mean he would/should be doing a better job? Is his mediocre performance more understandable if he's worth a mere 2 billion? If you wish to succumb to class envy, at least be consistent

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    You are criticizing Trump for not starting out penniless. Chelsea is the epitome of a silver spoon baby, not Trump

Actually, it was a response to the commenter who said "He has gotten further in life than any of us have". Quantitatively, that isn't the case. Qualitatively, I'd put him in the lower quartile of humanity.

You brought up his family bailing him out of bankruptcy. Do you think Chelsea would even be allowed to fail

What does Trump's personal wealth/net worth have to do with the job he is doing? If he really is worth 10 billion, does that mean he would/should be doing a better job? Is his mediocre performance more understandable if he's worth a mere 2 billion? If you wish to succumb to class envy, at least be consistent

Again, Chelsea isn't running for anything right now. False equivalency. You can compare and contrast Trump with anything you desire. Right now, he's the president and the evaluation should be on the job he's doing for the country, not what some over-privileged horse-faced woman is doing for brunch.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Actually, he ran daddy's legacy down to negative numbers. Bankrupt, until his sisters bailed him out. I saw an article in Fortune or Forbes that said he could have invested in the S&P index and been further ahead after all this time.

What is Trump really worth? No one knows. He values his name at 2 Billion. Is he honest in saying he's worth billions? Real estate developers and used car salesmen are generally pretty untrustworthy.

Ah, yes! Obviously, I was mistaken

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    I can't type very fast, you have to give me more time if you really want an answer :)
    If my wit is anything, it is quick. :)

After the early rounds of Trumps-success-is-his-resume repartee, I bored of it. Especially after he won, I care FAR less about his qualifications than I do about how he is actually doing.

I'm still kinda neutral on his overall contribution to leading the country.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    If my wit is anything, it is quick. :)

After the early rounds of Trumps-success-is-his-resume repartee, I bored of it. Especially after he won, I care FAR less about his qualifications than I do about how he is actually doing.

I'm still kinda neutral on his overall contribution to leading the country.

I'm not exactly having a Colter moment, yet. But the map that leads us from where we are now to good, effective government seems pretty hard to visualize

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    I'm not exactly having a Colter moment, yet. But the map that leads us from where we are now to good, effective government seems pretty hard to visualize
    See? People say consensus is hard to find here on INGO. And yet, there it is. :D

SheepDog4Life

Natural Gray Man
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 14, 2016
    Upstate SC
    Assets less DEBT equal net worth. You really don't know what his obligations are. We haven't seen a tax return so we don't know what his income is.

His financial disclosure lists BOTH ASSETS and LIABILITIES (loans, debt). Tax returns, at least the ones I'm familiar with, list neither, only income. Have you actually looked at the almost 100 page financial disclosure?

Do golf courses generate huge amounts of profit? Not in my experience.

I have no experience with golf clubs with a $200,000 membership fee (Mar A Lago), nor with courses that charge $450 greens fees (Trump National Dural). Do you?

Fargo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    In a state of acute Pork-i-docis
    He's gotten far further in life than any of us has.
    Depends on the metrics you use. I personally don't see the ability to leverage large amounts of money into larger amounts of money to be a metric I care much about. I also don't see the ability to leverage tv fame into political success to be a positive whether you are Trump/Ventura/Arnold/Franken, or anyone else.

I consider myself way ahead of Trump in a large number of metrics that actually matter to me. Things like honesty, marital fidelity, actually parenting my kids, how I treat people, etc. YMMV.

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    His financial disclosure lists BOTH ASSETS and LIABILITIES (loans, debt). Tax returns, at least the ones I'm familiar with, list neither, only income. Have you actually looked at the almost 100 page financial disclosure?

Please summarize the information into a balance sheet and profit and loss statement. We BOTH know that isn't possible with the info provided. You are offering the sleeves out of your vest.

I have no experience with golf clubs with a $200,000 membership fee (Mar A Lago), nor with courses that charge $450 greens fees (Trump National Dural). Do you?

A $200k membership is nothing. It's the ongoing assessments that keep a club running. I'm very familiar with one club that was on the PGA tour. Corporate memberships and member assessments kept it running. Revenues associated with the tournament defrayed most, but not all of the costs. The PGA and the players did pretty well, however.

You'd be better off owning a McDonalds franchise than most golf clubs.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    You'd be better off owning a McDonalds franchise than most golf clubs.
    The first owner of a golf club goes bankrupt.

The second owner goes crazy.

The third owner makes money.

It'll be interesting to see how Trump's golf resorts do after his name loses its value. Which it will, at some point.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    RedMurph
    Top Bottom