Kut's Trump Approval Thread #1 (Starts Out at 100%)

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    I think it's a good thing he didn't get that done. It wasn't much better than Obamacare but if passed, the Repubs would have to take the heat on the enviable failure. We need an actual replace, not just a modification. IMO.

You're exactly right. I should have been more precise, I'm thinking. It's not that he didn't get that turd passed Ryan and the boys dumped out, it's that he did get a real repeal and market based bill passed.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    So, for my own purposes, Trump is now set at neutral for me. Figure a mathematical zero.

He's had some ups (SCOTUS pick) and downs (I'll decline to pick one), but by now the tires have been kicked, the engine is grooving, and the map should be on the dashboard.

Lots of challenges, domestic and abroad, that he'll need to address. My biggest concern: the people around him are not as good as he is used to having.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    When OP is locked post #5 will continue the scoring.

So it's now President Donald J. Trump. He gets a clean slate. He starts out with a 100% approval rating from me. However, as his presidency continues, I will rate his actions. It may go down, it may go up (if less than 100), but I will explain why he loses or gains points. I figure this is the best way to do this rather than post numerous individual threads about his presidency. Good natured debate is welcome, bad natured debate is not, and if pervasive without moderator intervention, I'll simply go back to my original plan and post a bunch of "Trump" threads.

Other member's ratings are welcome.

Anyways.

Trump Approval Rating: 87.7

1/22/2017- Announcement of not releasing taxes, even after completing audit -2
    1/23/2017 -Withdrawal from TPP (+0.5 since it never was enacted), reminding American funds from foreign interests (+1) = +1.5
    1/28/2017 -Immigration and Visa EO -4
    1/29/2017 -Removal of Chairman of Joint Chiefs and Director of National Intelligence as permanent members of the National Security Council and the addition of Chief Strategist, Steve Bannon, as permanent member to the body -1
    2/1/2017 -Announcement of Gorsuch as SCOTUS replacement +1
    2/1/2017 -Unannounced trip to visit family of first soldier KIA under his watch +0.2
    2/14/2017 - Resignation of incompetent National Security Advisor (M. Flynn) -1
    2/16/2017 - Request that Israel slow down on settlements +0.5
    2/22/2017 - Trump rescinds Trangender bathroom protections, and leaves it up to the individual states +1
    2/24/2017 - Exclusion of specific media outlets from the White House Press Room -2
    +4/5/2017 - Removal of Steve Bannon from National Security Council +1
    4/6/2017 - Missile attack on Syria -5
    4/29/2017 -Trump invites Philippines dictator Duterte to the White House -0.5
    General - ICE activity in the removal of illegals +2
    General - Has signed more EOs than any president since WW2 -1
    5/9/2017 - The firing of FBI Director James Comey (method/reason/effect) -3

Non-pointable embarrassments:
    -Twitter (on-going)
    -Angela Merkel non-Handshake
    - 2017 Presidential Voter Fraud (on-going)
    - Disbelief in Russian attempts to disrupt the 2016 Election (on-going)
    - Praise of Kim Jong Un (on-going)

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Whoa Nelly! If reports are to be believed, the president has really put himself in a pickle. And McMaster's 10 sec press conference denial, followed by his high-tailing it back to the White House doesn't give much comfort.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Whoa Nelly! If reports are to be believed, the president has really put himself in a pickle. And McMaster's 10 sec press conference denial, followed by his high-tailing it back to the White House doesn't give much comfort.

If it's true, that's probably gonna be a -2 or -3 depending on the details. But WAPO has made **** up before. I'd like to see it independently corroborated. So far we have several news sources reporting the same thing but are they just regurgitating the same story from WAPO? Is there just one source and all other sources got it from the one?

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Everything I'm reading says the WaPo story is bull****.

"I was in the room, it didn't happen": National Sec. Adviser H.R. McMaster comments on Washington Post story

But, the WH has been wrong about previous denials. We'll see, I guess. Granted, the President has the capability to de-classify anything he wants, if I recall correctly.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    If it's true, that's probably gonna be a -2 or -3 depending on the details. But WAPO has made **** up before. I'd like to see it independently corroborated. So far we have several news sources reporting the same thing but are they just regurgitating the same story from WAPO? Is there just one source and all other sources got it from the one?

I'm sure we'll get an investigation concerning this. And I imagine that it will be independent. From what I'm hearing, McMaster's denial doesn't really address the claim, and that it was a clever sidestep.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH

Boy, "un-named source" really gets around! He/she/it are in the middle of everything!

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis

I take it back... apparently this story evolved in the past 20 minutes. I just sat down and typed my post without looking slightly to the right at my feed of the updates scrolling past :P

I was going off of comments earlier today from Twitter-at-large calling WaPo's claims and credibility out... now it sounds like the denials are a bit shaky.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    I take it back... apparently this story evolved in the past 20 minutes. I just sat down and typed my post without looking slightly to the right at my feed of the updates scrolling past :P

I was going off of comments earlier today from Twitter-at-large calling WaPo's claims and credibility out... now it sounds like the denials are a bit shaky.

Oh, no problem. I would actually like to see conflicting sources, as all viewpoints should be observed before holding an opinion.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Now. What would be really funny. If the Russians released an audio recording of the entire meeting, and no such information was divulged.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Every. Single. Story. that comes up on the first page of a search about this is either the WaPo story link or refers back to the WaPo story (see: USA today, CNN, NPR, PMSNBC, Slate, Politico ad nauseam)

Single source with echo chamber effects and the usual un-named sources, who of course can't be verified as being in a position to know anything

So when people were leaking about Leftists it was a "... vast right wing conspiracy" while this is what ... patriotism? (Cue Samuel Johnson)

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Now. What would be really funny. If the Russians released an audio recording of the entire meeting, and no such information was divulged.

When Trump jokingly asked the Russians to release the missing Hiliary emails if they had them, that unleashed a ****storm

You're not "... with the Russians, too" are you (Cue Warren Zevon)

Top Bottom