Kut's Trump Approval Thread #1 (Starts Out at 100%)

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    You're a great American, sir. I've heard it's torture being captured by the Sheila brigade.

I'll take my chances. If I'm not back in a year.... wait another year.

macpherson1au1009.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e0A5vzGMQr8
    Sir Galahad in Castle Anthrax - Monty Python and the Holy Grail

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    We're fast approaching Day 100.

Any opinions on the administration so far, all?

I think he did well to get out some EOs that he pushed during the campaign. Certainly fell short on some of the larger issues, however. It looks like the "wall" is still not set in stone, though the WH remains confident it'll get done. Repeal/replace didn't happen, but there has been some movement recently with the Freedom Caucus re-evaluating it.

We're looking at a tax reform announcement this week (tomorrow, perhaps).

No real movement one way or the other with firearms/2A.

Talks of Russia have subsided. Flynn looks to be in some legal hot-water. China/NK situation may be in the works. Syria is a mess.

Here's Trump's "Contract with the American People" if you wish to refresh yourself, and determine what was actually doable in 100 days.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    We're fast approaching Day 100.

Any opinions on the administration so far, all?

I think he did well to get out some EOs that he pushed during the campaign. Certainly fell short on some of the larger issues, however. It looks like the "wall" is still not set in stone, though the WH remains confident it'll get done. Repeal/replace didn't happen, but there has been some movement recently with the Freedom Caucus re-evaluating it.

We're looking at a tax reform announcement this week (tomorrow, perhaps).

No real movement one way or the other with firearms/2A.

Talks of Russia have subsided. Flynn looks to be in some legal hot-water. China/NK situation may be in the works. Syria is a mess.

Here's Trump's "Contract with the American People" if you wish to refresh yourself, and determine what was actually doable in 100 days.

Hopefully, he hit a home run with Gorsuch...I'd give him a B-. I might be talked into a B with a good review but it's been 'OK'.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Hopefully, he hit a home run with Gorsuch...I'd give him a B-. I might be talked into a B with a good review but it's been 'OK'.

I think he has been fighting all sides in this 1st 100 days. He has so few in his corner.
    A solid B+ if for nothing more than effort.
    He steps in it on occasion but he is no politician. I can not ever remember a POTUS that has every breath, every step, every "Stool" analyzed so deeply.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    I think he has been fighting all sides in this 1st 100 days. He has so few in his corner.
    He steps in it on occasion but he is no politician. I can not ever remember a POTUS that has every breath, every step, every "Stool" analyzed so deeply.

No doubt about that. But repeal and replace was a big disappointment. From all accounts by the pundits, he did well with his SCOTUS pick. Some of the EOs scratched certain itches as he rolled back some...some of Obama's policies. But there's also been some equivications, wobbly knees, and back sliding on some positions and repeal and replace was the biggest.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    No doubt about that. But repeal and replace was a big disappointment. From all accounts by the pundits, he did well with his SCOTUS pick. Some of the EOs scratched certain itches as he rolled back some...some of Obama's policies. But there's also been some equivications, wobbly knees, and back sliding on some positions and repeal and replace was the biggest.

They jumped to fast on R&R and it is obvious there was other hands in that hot mess.
    The Donald is getting a dose of the beltway.

SheepDog4Life

Natural Gray Man
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 14, 2016
    Upstate SC
    I walked into the voting booth with full intentions of writing in Ronald Reagan as a protest vote. I couldn't do it... I voted Trump for one overriding reason: I knew that she would appoint another progressive "emperor" in a black robe to the SCOTUS. So, on that point alone, with what is known about Gorsuch, and the nuked fillibuster for future appointments, I'd grade an A+++++++++++++. :)

But as I've been more pleased with my vote as each day passed, I've also elevated my expectations of Trump. On foreign policy, his actions on Syria/Russia, NK/China and ISIS in Afghanistan and elsewhere (in other words, sensible RoE), what should be a solid B to B+ for any US President with a modicum of "peace through strength", seems like another A+ after Obama's couldn't be worse foreign policy (and Clinton's SoS stint indicated more of the same). Obama was Putin's b*tch... pwn'ed at every turn. I'd still like to see a more agressive stance (like a handful of anti-tank launchers) on Russia's Ukraine incursion, but compared to Obama/Clinton, the clouds have parted and the sun has started to peek through.

He get's high marks on illegal immigration enforcement... the rhetoric has changed the facts on border, BUT he has to keep a spine to get additional agents and SOME additional wall built. I don't believe a coast-to-coast wall is needed, nor wise, but there are some VERY big holes in the current wall that can have a very immediate impact on known coyote trails that cross at a mere cattle fence. Not to mention sending a message that encourages others not to attempt to the crossing. I would like to see him use Obama's playbook: for example, mandatory E-Verify for all federal contractors. Ditto for Universities receiving DHS certification for foreign students.

If the updated current budget does not include any new money for agents or some wall building, this grade falls to a C-.

On rushing poorly formed Executive Orders at the outset, I'd give a failing grade. That progressives will find friendly whack-a-doodles in federal courts is a given and was imminently foreseeable. Appears to be a lesson learned, though other early EO's are still getting whacked around.

I don't view the Obamacare repeal-and-replace failure as a failure. I do think allowing it to fail under it's own weight is the correct course. I think removing the individual mandate, especially in exchanges with few options, would be a popular move. Ditto reigning in the cost of the subsidies... 10-20 million people are receiving nearly free health insurance... they'll not be happy with anything else, until that tact is proven to fail.

Solid A on rolling back Obama's regulations and re-opening the US oil spigot.

tl;dr: Overall, probably a solid B (built in is assuming he's up the learning curve), though if grading of a curve vs Obama/Clinton, much higher. :)

Hawkeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2010
    Warsaw
    Waiting for Kut to update his evaluation. I know he was gone for several weeks, but hope he will update us near the mythic "100 Day" mark....

HubertGummer

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 7, 2016
    McCordsville

Exactly what I was thinking. He has had every Dem and 3/4s of the Repubs against him...of course the media is doing what they do best, slam him on his every idea, then slam him because he's getting nothing done.

I don't agree with every idea he has (reworked Obamacare), but it's not right to say he isn't trying to do anything.

HubertGummer

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 7, 2016
    McCordsville

I think it's a good thing he didn't get that done. It wasn't much better than Obamacare but if passed, the Repubs would have to take the heat on the inevitable failure. We need an actual replace, not just a modification. IMO.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom