• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    To paraphrase Lincoln on Grant, we should find out his brand of beer and send a case to the rest of the judges.

Last edited:

Hawkeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2010
    Warsaw
    Are you kidding? If Kavanaugh gets the nod everyone knows that he will take over the court and roll back everything all by himself in the first week that he takes his seat. Then he'll sit back and drink beer until he blacks out.

Don’t forget - he will also spend time pressing himself up against the female justices and invading their personal spaces!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Don’t forget - he will also spend time pressing himself up against the female justices and invading their personal spaces!

He'll probably be trying to hand them red solo cups full of spiked punch too.

OakRiver

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2014
    IN
    It's been a long time since I read it... I remember the USAF Lt and a couple Marines watching the Soviets unload equipment in (pronounced N-Yardvick) harbor. They were on top of what was known as Dead Man's Hill. My 2nd time there we (accompanied remote 2-year tour with the family in base housing) lived across the street from Dead Man's Hill. When you saw kids sled down it, you knew why they called it Dead Man's Hill.

While the equipment was being unloaded an Icelander got shot by a Soviet, the Lt remarked that they wouldn't mess with us anymore. Clancy captured a lot in a couple paragraphs right there.
    That was truly one of his gifts as a story teller; being about to convey so much without bogging the reader down in mountains of text.

I re-read it just a couple of years ago, and while some of the tech is outdated (ship to ship transmissions at 20,000 bits of data per second!!!), the story telling still holds up.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
    If you sub in some more modern elements (like Humvees and M240s instead of Jeeps and M60s in Clear & Present Danger) the story telling really holds up well

Ziggidy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 7, 2018
    Hendricks County
    I am thinking that when Kavanaugh gets in his rightful position, the attacks will continue. I am fearful that there are many wackos working in DC and there may be a good chance someone on the "inside" will say he did something when no one was looking or nearby. If I was him, I would not walk down halls alone or be seen at any time alone......they will be out there looking for any opportunity to say - "We told you so".

Getting him confirmed may be easier than keeping him safe there.......

Ziggidy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 7, 2018
    Hendricks County
    Do you think RBG wears a one-piece swimsuit under her robes?

Under her robe is where she houses her Intel 8008 processor that keeps her going. When you see her nodding off she's actually doing a reboot; which really does not help.

We need her swapped out for a much newer version!

Ziggidy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 7, 2018
    Hendricks County

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    When are they voting? I'm going to turn blue and pass out if I have to keep holding my breath.

Ziggidy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 7, 2018
    Hendricks County
    Spot on. I expect it may become a 2-3 hour ****-show with position statements rather than a simple yes/no.

The libs need to get all their protesters in place. You know, get there early...get your assignments......and get in place. A little pep talk just before the cameras are turned on. Ok, everyone.....3, .......2, ......1 - ROLL IT - ACTION!

Top Bottom