• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    There is a very small percentage of the general population who have any idea who any of those people are. It's like talking about hockey players.

Hockey is a great sport. I look forward to the Olympics every 4 years so I can watch it.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Acosta continues:

With a single speech, Sen. Collins, announcing her support for Kavanaugh, has paved the way for a much more conservative Supreme Court for the next generation. Abortion rights, gay rights, climate change, and health care reform could well be impacted for decades to come.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Acosta continues:

This should be an epiphiny for Acosta. The court was never intended to be the means for advancing agendas. If you can't win the electorate and you lose the court, you're screwed.

(Not that I'm convinced the court will roll back much, if any of his sacred cows once Kavanaugh gets the nod).

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    Acosta continues:

With a single speech, Sen. Collins, announcing her support for Kavanaugh, has paved the way for a much more conservative Supreme Court for the next generation. Abortion rights, gay rights, climate change, and health care reform could well be impacted for decades to come.

I pray to God he is right.

K_W

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 14, 2008
    Indy / Carmel

Kavanaugh is hardly a "conservative" as Collins noted he was almost lock step with Garland (93% consensus). Kavanaugh should have sailed through confirmation.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    This should be an epiphiny for Acosta. The court was never intended to be the means for advancing agendas. If you can't win the electorate and you lose the court, you're screwed.

(Not that I'm convinced the court will roll back much, if any of his sacred cows once Kavanaugh gets the nod).
    Are you kidding? If Kavanaugh gets the nod everyone knows that he will take over the court and roll back everything all by himself in the first week that he takes his seat. Then he'll sit back and drink beer until he blacks out.

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    Are you kidding? If Kavanaugh gets the nod everyone knows that he will take over the court and roll back everything all by himself in the first week that he takes his seat. Then he'll sit back and drink beer until he blacks out.

I agree.

Kavanaugh will be Chief Justice by the end of the term.

oze

Mow Ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 26, 2018
    Fort Wayne
    I still have room in my heart for Mama Pitbull.
    6b8dcc54070ee91949eb8fe366af438a.jpg

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell

SHHHHHHHHHH!

Ix-nay o-na eating-la he-tay egret-say ut-oay he'ta ag-bay.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    How long before he is trying to get in RBG’s knickers?

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    The left has been reading its own press release.

Kavanaugh will not wholesale do away with cases that have been aroun for decades. Roe is here to stay. Even the very recent Obergefell isn’t going anywhere.

What he will likely be is a key vote on allowing more rational abortion regulation and restrictions by states. He will also be important when cases like the inevitable Masterpiece Cake and its like wind their way back to court. Live and let live will be the order of the day on gay rights. He will be good on gun rights because that is already a matter of positive precedent for our side. Also, government overreach on healthcare may have a harder time.

Top Bottom