• ...and so much more!
  • MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    I respect you for having given this subject a lot of thought :D

I mean, c'mon. I doubt there would be too many lining up for Kagan.

140704171142-scotus-women-story-top.jpg

thunderchicken

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    Indianapolis

But but aren't the Dems the ones who said they couldn't make a decision on Kav without an FBI investigation? And isn't it the same FBI that investigated Hillary to their satisfaction...but now because the top dogs at the FBI have changed now apparently its a corrupt govt organization and the fix is in. Yep just shows yet again this was just another tactic in trying to force their way on the American people in hope of gaining control.

Ziggidy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 7, 2018
    Hendricks County
    Fox News has been reporting that the vote is going to happen around 4:52 PM. The reason it is so specific is because that is when the 30 hour window runs out.

Is it possible the dems could force a delay and cost them the vote?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    It also appears that he's a liar too... at least according to his Yale roommate. If once chooses to believe he is telling the truth, then Kavanaugh lied under oath. I know some are completely ok with a potential USSC justice lying, as long as they think he's on their side, but thats not uncommon. Moral beliefs often are contingent.
    Everyone is a liar about something. Kavenaugh likely lied to minimize the embarrassing shenanigans of his youth. His past is likely worse than he claims but it’s probably better than Democrats claim. Saying "boofing" means flatulence isn’t a slippery slope to lying about trying to rape Ford. I’ve heard a lot of otherwise logically thinking people claim that and that is a sign of bias. Sam Harris, for example.

You scrutinize any SCOTUS justice or police officer about some potentially embarrassing truths about his past and he’s likely not going to be completely straightforward. Claiming “boofing” means flatulence is the kind of “lie” that disqualifies one from public service is petty and reeks of partisan bias. All the lefty doogooders whining about this should start considering the skeletons in their own closets, and think about how they might react to that. And maybe they don’t have skeletons. Maybe they managed to escape their youth without doing really stupid things. But then it’s a failure of imagination, to believe they’d be completely straightforward.

Now. If you say that having an integral role in concocting the PATRIOT act is disqualifying for a SCOTUS justice, I’m right there with you. We don’t need yet another PATRIOT act loving ********** on the bench. But given a choice between that and a freedom hating **********, it’s a least evils thing. I’d rather have neither.

Last edited:

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    Everyone is a liar about something. Kavenaugh likely lied to minimalize the embarrassing shinaannivans of his youth. His past is likely worse than he claims but it’s probably better than Democrats claim. Saying boofing means flatulence isn’t a slippery slope to lying about trying to rape Ford. I’ve sen a lot of otherwise logically thinking people claim that and that is a sign of bias. Sam Harris, for example.

You scrutenize any SCOTUS justice or police officer about some potentially embarrassing truths about his past and he’s likely not going to be completely straightforward. Claiming “boofing” means flatulence is the kind of “lie” that disqualifies one from public service is petty and reeks of partisan bias. All the lefty doogooders whining about this should start considering the skeletons in their own closets, and think about how they might react to that. And maybe they don’t have skeletons. Maybe they managed to escape their youth without doing really stupid things. But then it’s a failure of imagination, to believe they’d be completely straightforward.

Now. If you say that having an integral role in concocting the PATRIOT act is disqualifying for a SCOTUS justice, I’m right there with you. We don’t need yet another PATRIOT act loving ********** on the bench. But given a choice between that and a feedom hating **********, it’s a least evils thing. I’d rather have neither.
    Hammernail.gif~c200

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    We know from the hearing that there was a "complicated" relationship with the roommate at college. There was some kind of sealed evidence that Kav kept referring to. So bringing up the roommate seems disingenuous at best.

From the reporting I saw and heard about the FBI report, they checked on the all important "boofing" issue. They were told by someone that the kids at that school did use boofing for farting.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    We know from the hearing that there was a "complicated" relationship with the roommate at college. There was some kind of sealed evidence that Kav kept referring to. So bringing up the roommate seems disingenuous at best.

From the reporting I saw and heard about the FBI report, they checked on the all important "boofing" issue. They were told by someone that the kids at that school did use boofing for farting.

That was one of the things I found disingenuous about Sam Harris’s rant. He claimed EVERYONE knows what it means, and the definition is universal. I’m a little older than Kavenaugh, and I’ve never heard of the term. I have found that it’s more likely that the definition falls along party lines today. If you’re on the left it means putting drugs up yer ass. If you’re on the right it means farting. 35 years ago, one could claim it was an idiomatic term. There seems to be evidence that it could have meant either. That anyone is making a big deal of it is just more partisan nonsense.

Here’s something. Maybe all the virtue signaling *****es out there in Feinsten ****ry (pronounced exactly like “country”) should think about whether drudging up unsubstantiated claims at the 11th hour is disqualifying for a Senator.

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    That was one of the things I found disingenuous about Sam Harris’s rant. He claimed EVERYONE knows what it means, and the definition is universal. I’m a little older than Kavenaugh, and I’ve never heard of the term. I have found that it’s more likely that the definition falls along party lines today. If you’re on the left it means putting drugs up yer ass. If you’re on the right it means farting. 35 years ago, one could claim it was an idiomatic term. There seems to be evidence that it could have meant either. That anyone is making a big deal of it is just more partisan nonsense.

Here’s something. Maybe all the virtue signaling *****es out there in Feinsten ****ry (pronounced exactly like “country”) should think about whether drudging up unsubstantiated claims at the 11th hour is disqualifying for a Senator.

I find that slang varies region to region and school to school....

Hawkeye7br

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 9, 2015
    Terre Haute
    Kids make up their own current slang and have for decades. And it changes with each generation. Boofing is just a word for teens to use, sure beats "sh** his pants" when asked by a teacher about a class disturbance.

avboiler11

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 12, 2011
    New Albany
    I'm only 35 years old, but literally had NEVER heard "boofing" or "FFFF" prior to last week's dog and pony show.

I had heard of "Devil's Threeway", but not the "Devil's Triangle".

I also know high school boys are probably the single biggest demographic to talk and brag (and lie) about sexual exploits...

Top Bottom