DeMotte

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    But It is all Trump's fault. You just dont understand that.

currently trying to debate my older distant cousin on FB. Its not working. First, she only responds to me every 4 years or so. When I start talking politics and I dare talk bad about the democrat candidate. LOL

So far she has only said that she is voting for her because she cant vote Trump. Every time I point out how bad she is, she fails to counter with any logic. When I pointed out that I dont LIKE Trump, but he isnt a marxist dictator wannabe, so he gets my vote, she suggested I vote blue so I dont have to vote for him. "Sweetheart, the only time you will see me voting blue is after I'm dead.

I finally asked her which policies of hers caused her to earn her vote. So far she hasnt responded. I think I broke her brain.

I'll probably give her a few days to respond and then unfriend. She literally only pops up when I dare offend her sensibilities as a mindless D lever puller. Doesnt like or laugh at funny stuff I post. Nothing just scrolls past until I trigger her. LOL I think I can do without that.
    Something I've said in the past to coworkers, the day the Mueller report came out and Trump was not arrested, for **** sake. Which is what they all believed with all their being, would happen. They were depressed when it didn't happen. I asked them, what if what you believe about Trump isn't actually correct? What if you're listening to people who are lying to you?

I said, you were convinced yesterday that Trump was going to be arrested as soon as the Mueller report was released. You were celebrating. I told you that there would be no arrest. That the Mueller report would fail to find collusion. You laughed at me. So who had the more correct understanding of reality? Could it be that you've been lied to?

After the truth came out about Jussie Smollett I brought that up. I said, you believed with all your being that Smollett was actually assaulted by Trump supporters. That downtown Chicago is "maga country", for **** sake! You believed that the US is a country where that kind of thing is common place.

And I said that's ********. He made it up. Who had a better grasp on reality? The press reported on it as if it were true. Can you see that you've been lied to? Why doesn't that **** you off that people you trusted to tell you the truth, deceived you? Is it because that's what you wanted to believe and you're just disappointed that your righteous indignation was ripped from you when you learned the truth?

That's the thing. If they're ideologically captured, you're not gonna get through to them. So you might as well throw questions at them like the above to make them wallow in their cognitive dissonance. Say things that go directly against what they believe where you can show them that they were lied to. It's not likely gonna make them change their minds. They're rooting for the thing they believe.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    I'm curious how they handle "unrealized losses", the stock market runs both ways. They must have some sort of time frame like a tax year to calculate it, if you suffer a loss does the government cut you a check? I remember the DJI losing half it's value from 07-09, that's going to be a rather large sum of money when it happens again.

sapper83

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 26, 2024
    Valparaiso
    I'm curious how they handle "unrealized losses", the stock market runs both ways. They must have some sort of time frame like a tax year to calculate it, if you suffer a loss does the government cut you a check? I remember the DJI losing half it's value from 07-09, that's going to be a rather large sum of money when it happens again.
    Exactly why this would never happen!

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Easy. They wont.

Or if they do they will do it with tax credits. So unless you have both gains and losses in the same tax year, you're screwed. I vaguely remember many years ago I got excited that I was getting some losses of some kind back. (dont remember what exactly) Except I didnt. It wasnt a refund but a credit. and I only qualified for a small portion of the credit. So instead of getting my 2 grand back I got like 200 bucks.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Easy. They wont.

Or if they do they will do it with tax credits. So unless you have both gains and losses in the same tax year, you're screwed. I vaguely remember many years ago I got excited that I was getting some losses of some kind back. (dont remember what exactly) Except I didnt. It wasnt a refund but a credit. and I only qualified for a small portion of the credit. So instead of getting my 2 grand back I got like 200 bucks.

Maybe we could tell the IRS that we'll give then a "credit' as well in place of the tax money.;)

Top Bottom