• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    I think it was mentioned on INGO just after the Kavanaugh ****show but.....

It would be funny if Trump nominates a Tranny for the next judge. The liberals heads would explode.
    Wouldn't really be much of a stretch, they all wear them black dresses anyway.

srad

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 22, 2009
    Elkhart/Bristol, IN
    If The Notorious RBG does move on up to a mansion in the sky, God rest her soul, one could hope this well-qualified and tried female justice would find the courage (along with her family) to be put through the meat-grinder confirmation process. Almost too much to ask after seeing what the Left put Kavanaugh through. Being they couldn't foment hate based on misogyny or racism, my bet is that they make her out to be a religious nut and homophobe.

Amy Coney Barrett.jpg

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    If The Notorious RBG does move on up to a mansion in the sky, God rest her soul, one could hope this well-qualified and tried female justice would find the courage (along with her family) to be put through the meat-grinder confirmation process. Almost too much to ask after seeing what the Left put Kavanaugh through.
    View attachment 73619

I was actually hoping Trump would pick her over Kavanaugh.
    Turned out o.k. despite the circus.

I'd love to see her nominated, and accept, if the opportunity arises.

Bennettjh

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Columbus
    :popcorn:

Liberals hate the idea of the Constitution being enforced. If Trump picks a Constitutionalist, full-blown meltdown.

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    130   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    I had mentioned i read an article awhile back retirement was coming(post 69) and that her cancer was back(post 73) We know the cancer came back, so now lets hope the retirement is next!

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Do we really think that if Ginsburg retires, Trump will actually get his nomination through? We know the dems will throw fits, but aren't there still enough RINO squishes, that love to hear their own name, to keep this tied up until next election?

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Do we really think that if Ginsburg retires, Trump will actually get his nomination through? We know the dems will throw fits, but aren't there still enough RINO squishes, that love to hear their own name, to keep this tied up until next election?

I don't think so, especially if it is Amy Barrett. It'll be too easy for the Republicans to paint this as a "see how woke we are" moment.

For these purposes, if the GOP was going to lose a chamber of Congress, the House was the right one to lose.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    I don't think so, especially if it is Amy Barrett. It'll be too easy for the Republicans to paint this as a "see how woke we are" moment.

For these purposes, if the GOP was going to lose a chamber of Congress, the House was the right one to lose.

I hope you are right, but color me skeptical. Collins, Murkowski, etc love to be on the news. It only takes 4 RINOs. How many other female Senators might question Amy Barret's right to life stance?

Collins for one has made her bones on being the go to first Republican Senator that the news runs to for dem talking points. :dunno:

Last edited:

Spear Dane

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 4, 2015
    Kokomo area

Oh, no no no. Further investigation reveals she's nutty as my walnut tree. There is no way she would get passed through.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area

Plus the Rep's will be better prepped for the wave of insanity the left will throw at them.Lets see how far they dig and roll out the witnesses to all the rape party's and drunken debauchery..............Oh wait, this one is a female.....:):

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Plus the Rep's will be better prepped for the wave of insanity the left will throw at them.Lets see how far they dig and roll out the witnesses to all the rape party's and drunken debauchery..............Oh wait, this one is a female.....:):

Balsey-Ford 2.0 will be testifying that they said they were against abortion. Anything short of 24X7 government funded abortion from conception until pre-K will be HATES WOMEN'S RIGHT TO HEALTHCARE!!

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Oh, no no no. Further investigation reveals she's nutty as my walnut tree. There is no way she would get passed through.

Purple? :)

If not, I'm curious what you mean.

I'm concerned about the process for her because she's Catholic. (Full disclosure for those who don't follow the religious threads, I'm Catholic, too.) Either real or imagined, someone will challenge her ability because of her faith tradition. I hate that. I hate that regardless of who the target is or which faith tradition they follow.

I hate that because it puts an inordinate amount of focus on a deeply-held belief in a way that only foments division. We got plenty of that right now.

To be completely honest, I hope the nominee is a protestant - maybe even one that's moved between denominations over the years - to somewhat remove the issue from center stage.

Yeah, that sounds terrible, but the more we can remove issues from the nomination process at this point - even issues that SHOULDN'T be issues - the better it will be for the country.

Top Bottom